Pages: 1 ... 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 ... 838   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1197308 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2490 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 09:55:07 »

soapy tit wank, that clip is superb and on the money.

It really isn’t.

Sandro doesn’t set the ambition of the club & I can’t imagine for one second he’s has 100% of the decision on all players movements.

If the ambition is being questioned (valid) it should be directed at Clem surely?
If the transfers are being questioned (valid) it should be directed at Sandro, our Chief scout and manager (well, this one if we’d had the same manager all season)

I would be truly amazed is Sandro was running the whole football operation & making all the decisions with no input from anyone else
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2491 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 10:00:30 »

So what does Les Caffrey do?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2492 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 10:02:42 »

He's our chief scout/head of 1st team recruitment I think. (taken off his Linkedin, he doesn't appear to be on the 'who's who' on the club website.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 10:06:14 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #2493 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 10:02:54 »

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2022/june/town-announce-sandro-di-michele-as-new-technical-director/

Swindon Town Football Club are delighted to announce the appointment of Sandro Di Michele as the club’s new Technical Director. Di Michele joins the club having previously worked as a consultant for EFL and National League clubs.

In his last role, Di Michele was Head Recruitment Analyst at Wigan Athletic playing a key role in the club’s recruitment ahead of them going on to be crowned League One Champions in April.

In his new role, Di Michele will oversee all football operations including recruitment, medical, analysis, the academy and will work closely with The Head Coach and Chief Executive Officer Rob Angus.

The person overseeing football operations is who the buck stops with.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #2494 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 10:02:54 »

Tweet, mostly.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2495 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 10:04:33 »

HE DOES WHATEVER SANDRO TELLS HIM TO DO…

In all seriousness, I get the questioning of Sandro but it’s getting a bit witch hunty. I’m not convinced he is the sole decision maker on a lot of things being questions of him.

As I said - the phone in guy asking Sandro to clarify the ambition of the club. That’s not in his remit. That’s not something he sets.
It’s like someone asking me what the ambition / future plans are for the Royal Mail. No good asking me, I just work there!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2496 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 10:13:33 »

https://twitter.com/sn1insider/status/1625226146492063753?s=46&t=sUewKOWFVOZOSxRK5SU0sA

Apologies if this is on the wrong thread in advance…
but this is brilliant and much needed 😂😂 Why shouldn’t a panel of Swindon fans talk about the Swindon technical director who was in charge of a miserable transfer window.

While I agree with you, I'm not sure the OSC are the right vehicle for that to be done. They have always been, for want of a better phrase "happy clappy". It needed the very possible extinction of the FC to get them to be openly critical of things.

And I don't have a problem with that. They see their role as *supporters* club. Any criticism is likely to get them the LSPod cold shoulder treatment anyway.

But that's not to say the questions shouldn't be made. Far from it.

We did used to have a militant Trust, but the relationship between club and them is different these days. And look, its not all bad  - ground purchase JV and so on. I'm sure they would argue you can put questions to them at any time, but for some reason I don't feel comfortable.

IMO Clem needs to start owning this. He's been quiet all season. Nobody has a clue what his intentions are in the mid-long term. No view of the vision

e.g. Are we following the U23 recruitment out of necessity financially. If so, are we looking to continue that when we reach financial stability or is this the only we we can see for keeping the lights on.

Too much to ask?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #2497 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 10:14:10 »

HE DOES WHATEVER SANDRO TELLS HIM TO DO…

In all seriousness, I get the questioning of Sandro but it’s getting a bit witch hunty. I’m not convinced he is the sole decision maker on a lot of things being questions of him.

As I said - the phone in guy asking Sandro to clarify the ambition of the club. That’s not in his remit. That’s not something he sets.
It’s like someone asking me what the ambition / future plans are for the Royal Mail. No good asking me, I just work there!
Nah he’s a clear problem at the club and deserves all the criticism he gets. It’s needs to be clarified whose man he is (which of the hangers on) as I don’t believe he was Clem’s choice and why he was deemed appropriate for the job. He has overseen complete destruction of last seasons squad, replacing very few of them with anything resembling the same quality and has done nothing but portray an image of being a complete chancer!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2498 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 10:14:18 »

He's our chief scout/head of 1st team recruitment I think. (taken off his Linkedin, he doesn't appear to be on the 'who's who' on the club website.

Looks to have done some good work scouting Lavinier and presumably others.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2499 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 10:18:53 »

Nah he’s a clear problem at the club and deserves all the criticism he gets. It’s needs to be clarified whose man he is (which of the hangers on) as I don’t believe he was Clem’s choice and why he was deemed appropriate for the job. He has overseen complete destruction of last seasons squad, replacing very few of them with anything resembling the same quality and has done nothing but portray an image of being a complete chancer!

So if he’s nothing to do with Clem - why is he employed at the club Clem owns?

…and again, you are suggesting he is the only decision maker when it comes to recruitment. Why do we have scout or even a manager?
You obviously know the day to day goings on / responsibilities at our football club a lot better than I do.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2500 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 10:20:33 »

Looks to have done some good work scouting Lavinier and presumably others.

…are you suggesting he scouts all the good signings and Sandro signs all the bad ones?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2501 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 10:22:58 »

You obviously know the day to day goings on / responsibilities at our football club a lot better than I do.

Nobody really has a clue about it.

You even get directors listed in programs without official announcement.  I suspect that isn't necessarily a negative - consultant non-exec as part of a firm hired by the club, etc.

But of course people wonder when a few reformed characters appear at a club staright after Power.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2502 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 10:24:40 »

…are you suggesting he scouts all the good signings and Sandro signs all the bad ones?

No. I only know one that I think he scouted Lavinier.

I kind of assumed Sandro searches and passes it on to the scouts/manager.  I think that's how it was descirbed.

Fuck knows what happened in the window that we now need to dredge the free agent list.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #2503 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 10:26:52 »

So if he’s nothing to do with Clem - why is he employed at the club Clem owns?

…and again, you are suggesting he is the only decision maker when it comes to recruitment. Why do we have scout or even a manager?
Because clearly not every decision is fully Clem’s the whole Kiely thing and all the other murky characters needs to be explained as currently it’s all clear as mud. There’s nothing in the public domain that suggests Ralph is remotely qualified for the position he is in so leads to obvious question of why he is at the club. He’s recently been forced by Clem and Angus to mention the word promotion after basically saying his only interest was selling players for a profit, hardly a sign of joined up thinking across the club’s hierarchy!
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #2504 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 10:28:59 »

Nobody has a clue what his intentions are in the mid-long term. No view of the vision

Yup. Have asked this multiple times on the Questions for the Advisory board thread but theyd prefer to ask about taking the knee than what the medium to long-term aims are for the club (which are promised on the front page of the slide show each month!)

We seem to have more people calling the shots than those listed on the websites whos who. Not very transparent
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 ... 838   Go Up
Print
Jump to: