Pages: 1 ... 166 167 168 [169] 170 171 172 ... 839   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1199508 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #2520 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 13:35:49 »

That's more than 10 questions  Smiley
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #2521 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 13:49:54 »

Brilliant post that is. Have you sent this across to the club or the trust. Theres no reason they shouldn't ask them
I’ve sent them scatter gun to various advisory boards but I’ll send them to the Trust to raise. 

Obviously it sometimes comes across as fans being needy but I do feel it’s important these are addressed as Fitton apart we’ve had 3 decades of shady owners. So if the club preaches transparency it needs to follow that through even if we won’t like the answers. It would be nice to to just air all the dirty laundry, explain the struggles that have gone on behind the scenes and move on from a clean slate, it would instantly improve the atmosphere amongst fans.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2522 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 13:49:54 »

Brilliant post that is. Have you sent this across to the club or the trust. Theres no reason they shouldn't ask them

Is that a serious post? This is almost exactly my concerns and 1-5 are top of them.

The football side approach I'm not convinced by, but that doesn't make me right to be concerned if that makes sense.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #2523 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 14:06:28 »

They need to come out and be public facing and answer some absolutely genuine questions but when people like myself come on and try and be balanced you get accused of being a happy clapper and burying your head in the sand.

Fans asking hard questions & expecting  / wanting answers is absolutely fine. They care about the club.
It's the us & them approach, in some cases, that goes with it that I find puzzling.
"Them" being the fans who don't ask the questions & are maybe more glass half full in outlook, or might take a better the devil you know viewpoint for example.
They care about the club as well.

There is no right or wrong way. Both standpoints are equally valid, or should be.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
DMC

« Reply #2524 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 14:12:13 »

Is that a serious post? This is almost exactly my concerns and 1-5 are top of them.

The football side approach I'm not convinced by, but that doesn't make me right to be concerned if that makes sense.
Yeah definetly a serious post
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2525 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 14:36:15 »

Another week, another new sponsor. This time it’s the Matchday Attendance Sponsor.

Good grief!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2526 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 14:39:36 »

I guess many small sponsors add up and bring club engagement with the local community. Presumably we are talking modest amounts, and that's good for smaller business.

But I have completely lost track!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #2527 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 14:44:29 »

Who's our corner flag sponsor?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2528 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 14:47:30 »

Well, at least it’s something we seem to be particularly good at.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #2529 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 15:01:06 »

Clubs have had sponsored subs for a while now.
We've only just started doing the same.
Can't be a huge amount given the dodgy PA system.

If it moves then sponsor it seems to be the way to go which is fair enough.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2530 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 15:04:39 »

Another week, another new sponsor. This time it’s the Matchday Attendance Sponsor.

Good grief!

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2023/february/electric-center-join-swindon-town/

As part of the agreement with the football club, Electric Center will have branding on our matchday attendance graphics across our social media channels, along with PA system announcements for the remaining games at the County Ground this season.

I see they have corrected this now, rather than PA system, it said 'tannoid'. I suspect very few people notice, probably like the people in the ground whenever there is anything announced over the 'tannoid' given it's not really fit for purpose. 

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #2531 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 16:24:47 »

Personally I’d be placated if we received truthful answers to the following 10 questions:

1. Zav Austin - why the radio silence on his fit and proper person test result. If he has failed as is the suspicion should he have any involvement in the club now?

2. Building on the above, factoring in work permits etc what real tangible benefit does the Karachi project led by Austin bring to the club? It was an odd endeavour at the start and remains odd.

3. Adam Hart - seemingly now on the clubs payroll in some operations role, this combined with his previous directorship at an Austin company suggests there’s more to his involvement at the club than has been previously explained. What is his new role?

4. Chris Kiely - appeared as a director but radio silence from the club on him. Why is he here, has he invested and what role is he filling.

5. Ralph - how did he get the job? Who recommended him and what were the credentials that led to him being identified as as the right appointment for the club? Where does he sit in the decision making hierarchy? What are his KPI’s to demonstrate success?

6. Clem is 100% owner but has he had 100% decision making ability up until recently? Are there any other silent individuals who have had influence over the club’s decisions. Has there been some hangover from the old regime?

7. Is the club struggling cash flow wise as it has felt like a fire sale at times.

8. Why does the clubs back of house (media, customer service, stewards etc) remain so shambolic, there’s been no noticeable improvement over the 18 months and if anything it’s got worst.

9. How does the club’s recruitment strategy align with being a successful football team, that remains the primary purpose of our existence does it not? We shouldn’t be operating purely to exist, we should be spending the money we do have to give us the best chance of being successful on the pitch each season. The best form of player development is playing in successful teams and learning from better players, this also makes players more likely to stay. Having a team full of inexperienced youngsters takes away a lot of this and is actually detrimental to the development of players as they lose confidence like we are seeing now.

10. Morris comes in with a much greater pedigree than Lindsey. Has he been given more licence to do what he wants and bring in his own players? If yes, does this not make Ralph redundant and instead we need a DoF with a footballing background to help with negotiations etc like Chorley and even Jewell in the past?

To be honest if items 1 to 5 were removed from the equation I’d largely be happy and remove some of my doubts. But having convicted career criminals and professional gamblers in the club’s hierarchy raises all sorts of red flags for me. With the history we have there just can’t be any grey areas or shady characters involved in the running of the club as it’s always going to lead to suspicion.

Hasn't the club answered most of these questions before? You maybe didn't like the answer or it wasn't detailed enough for you?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #2532 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 16:29:01 »

Hasn't the club answered most of these questions before? You maybe didn't like the answer or it wasn't detailed enough for you?
Nope. No real clarity on any of them.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #2533 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 16:32:58 »

They certainly answered number 2 by deflecting to Zav, not sure you will get any further answers to that one.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #2534 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 16:37:20 »

Nope. No real clarity on any of them.

It gets a bit boring, you asking the same questions. Most have been asked, an answer has been given. If you don't like the answers then, oh well.
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 168 [169] 170 171 172 ... 839   Go Up
Print
Jump to: