Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Final: England v Italy  (Read 23659 times)
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, July 10, 2021, 20:46:37 »

Defence wins championships. I predict a one nil win for the successful nation.

Nothing to see here
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, July 10, 2021, 20:50:16 »

IF England win we can expect all the negatives to come bleating out of the usual suspects. Poor tournament, home advantage, get all the decisions, never a penalty, blah blah blah.

100% for sure and it started early in the tournament. Iv developed quite a good fuck them attitude over the years. It always happens against us so fuck em. It was my exact same thoughts when they showed that little german girl crying. fuck her they have won stuff more recently than us- where was the sympathy for me when i was a young lad crying at euro 96. In years to come the year will have a name of the winner against and few will remember the way it happened in tiny moments in a match
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, July 10, 2021, 20:59:24 »

A decent post for the nation  Clap

So, give no fucks
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Saturday, July 10, 2021, 23:30:00 »

They go 1 up. Harry Maguire late equaliser. Sancho winner for us in extra time.

Shitting myself...going to watch the Copa America final as a bit of a warm up.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, July 11, 2021, 07:05:48 »

It was my exact same thoughts when they showed that little german girl crying. fuck her they have won stuff more recently than us- where was the sympathy for me when i was a young lad crying at euro 96.

The sympathy was not for her crying but for the disgusting & vile racist abuse people were posting alongside the photo of her crying

I come from a land down-under
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, July 11, 2021, 07:39:07 »

The sympathy was not for her crying but for the disgusting & vile racist abuse people were posting alongside the photo of her crying

only saw it live on TV.

such a hard game to call. we do have winners in our team. I'm sure I will see the lineup and doubt it once more. Will be interesting to see how tight the match is, subs will be huge once again
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, July 11, 2021, 08:14:18 »

Yes, no place for that in society. Nor in attacking the Danish chap and his family after the last game

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #37 on: Sunday, July 11, 2021, 09:15:50 »

Nerves not set in yet but I am sure they will when I start to hear the build up later especially when the crowd sing Its Coming Home or Sweet Caroline.

Unlikely to be many goals in this game, both sides will set up ultra defensive and hope to not slip up early in the game with a cagey start by both teams.

Called it right last time.

Don't underestimate ther Danes they will not be a pushover, I expect a single goal will win for England and probably in extra time.

I predict a single goal win in normal time, hopefully for us.

A close game of few chances.

COME ON ENGLAND!!!!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #38 on: Sunday, July 11, 2021, 10:33:13 »

Hoping Pickford has his head screwed on right today
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #39 on: Sunday, July 11, 2021, 11:04:49 »

Hoping Pickford has his head screwed on right today
He has been playing really well until the last game then 1 silly mistake and his mind went awol for ages afterwards.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Sunday, July 11, 2021, 12:35:39 »

A thought: who serves vindaloo in a bucket anyway?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Sunday, July 11, 2021, 13:21:06 »

If social media is to believed its already getting a bit nawty in central London, I dread to think what happens if we lose?

Sent from my SM-A125F
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Sunday, July 11, 2021, 13:40:07 »

Those quiz answers in full, by the way...

Then
1. Name the two players have been sent off for England more than once (1 point each)
David Beckham (v Austria 2005, Argentina 1998), Wayne Rooney (v Portugal 2006, Montenegro 2011)

2. Which permanent England manager has the lowest win percentage at 38.9%?
Kevin Keegan (1999-2000)

3. What was the final score in the England v Germany match at the 2010 World Cup, best remembered in England for Frank Lampard’s clear goal not being given?
Germany 4-1 England

4. The Euro 1996 penalty shoot-out in which Gareth Southgate famously missed had seen all of the first eleven penalties scored by both times. Name any three of the five England players to successfully convert from the spot.
Shearer, Platt, Pearce, Gascoigne, Sheringham

5. Who were the fourth side who shockingly topped Group D in World Cup 2014, finishing ahead of Uruguay, Italy and England?
Costa Rica

6. Who is England’s most capped defender?
Bobby Moore (108 caps) - Ashley Cole has 107, unlucky if that was your guess!

7. What is the best finishing position at a European Championships for the England women’s national team, achieved in both 1984 and 2009?
Runners-up

8. Who has the most caps: Wes Brown, Michael Gray, Rob Green, Ben White or Jamie Red-knapp?
Wes Brown with 23

9. Who is England’s youngest ever full international player?
Theo Walcott - 17 years and 74 days in 2006. Rooney and Bellingham are second and third.

10. How many Tudor roses are on the England crest?
Ten - blame Baddiel & Skinner for not including that fact in the lyrics of Three Lions.

Now
11. There are six teams that have two or more players in the final Euro 2021 squad - name those clubs (1 point for 5, 2 points for all six)
Man City 4, Man Utd and Chelsea 3, Everton, Borussia Dortmund and Aston Villa 2 each

12. How many goals have England scored in the tournament before the final?
Ten - two in the group, two against Germany, four against Ukraine and two against Denmark

13. Where was the one England game held away from Wembley played?
Rome (QF vs Ukraine)

14. Who are England’s backup goalkeepers in the current squad?
Sam Johnstone and Aaron Ramsdale

15. Who was the first England player booked in this tournament?
Phil Foden v Croatia

16. Who is the oldest player in the England squad?
Kyle Walker (born 28 May 1990)

17. How many teenagers are in the England squad?
Two - Bukayo Saka is 19, Jude Bellingham turned 18 mid-tournament. Foden, James and Sancho are all 21

18. Who started England’s opening game against Croatia at left back?
Kieran Trippier

19. Who is the only outfield player to have played every minute of England’s tournament so far?
Kyle Walker (John Stones is close, but was subbed in the 80th minute of the  Czech Republic game)

20. How many members of this squad have more caps than their manager, Gareth Southgate, who won 57 in his England career?
Four -  Sterling (67), Henderson (63), Walker and Kane (both 60)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Sunday, July 11, 2021, 13:42:15 »

If social media is to believed its already getting a bit nawty in central London, I dread to think what happens if we lose?

Sent from my SM-A125F

A lot of people aren't making kick off, are they?

Met keeping well away, must have a candlelit vigil that needs breaking up somewhere.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Sunday, July 11, 2021, 13:53:46 »

Help me out guys,   absolutely no idea which way this one's going to go,  free £10 bet waiting to be used and for the first time ever, not a clue what or who to put it on,  any ideas Huh?, Be stupid not to use it.
« Last Edit: Sunday, July 11, 2021, 13:56:40 by swindonmaniac » Logged

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: