Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: When The Takeover Happens  (Read 21225 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2021, 13:47:38 »

Sure I'll pop along to Stirling Albion every now & then.  But I've already 'inherited' a sort of allegiance to Greenock Morton from my father in law...so already have a Scottish club.  They're an hour away, so not so bad.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2021, 13:51:29 »

Sure I'll pop along to Stirling Albion every now & then.  But I've already 'inherited' a sort of allegiance to Greenock Morton from my father in law...so already have a Scottish club.  They're an hour away, so not so bad.

Cappielow is the ground they play at I think? And they also used to be sponsored by a company called Millions, who make those tiny little pink chewy sweets. I suspect that's no longer the case.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2021, 15:02:47 »

Both those things are actually still true.  The pub just outside the ground is called The Norseman.  Makes the CGH look like the Ritz.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2021, 15:27:24 »

Both those things are actually still true.  The pub just outside the ground is called The Norseman.  Makes the CGH look like the Ritz.

Nice! Do Morton have a (large(ish)) following in Norway, hence the name of the pub?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2021, 15:32:23 »

I have no idea.  Although, interestingly, they have a certain Markus Fjørtoft on their books right now.  Born in Swindon while his Dad was working there in the 90s.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #125 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2021, 15:34:34 »

I have no idea.  Although, interestingly, they have a certain Markus Fjørtoft on their books right now.  Born in Swindon while his Dad was working there in the 90s.
Not any more, hes at Ayr Utd now.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2021, 16:31:18 »

In answer to the question tile to this thread...

In light of the time its taking I am going to get royally pissed!
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Thursday, July 29, 2021, 12:14:44 »

I haven't paid full price for a home ticket since the Rovers game was postponed without refunds. I'd gone from having doubts about Power to full on hating him already but that was the final straw for me.

I'll 100% be back this season. Not buying a season ticket but expect I'll make 10 or so home games and 5 or 6 away hopefully.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Thursday, July 29, 2021, 14:30:19 »

We're renting in a small village near Loch Lomond right now.  But recently had offer accepted to buy our own place a bit further east.  So still Stirlingshire, but closer to Stirling itself.  Early days, but really enjoying it up here so far.

I'd missed this. Crikey Ardiles, bit of a life-change from ?Farnborough. Are you changing jobs or just working remotely? I'm fascinated at how many TEFers have taken the plunge and moved out of the south-east this past year. If this is representative, should be good for redistributing wealth around the nation(s).

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: