Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: When The Takeover Happens  (Read 21223 times)
Shrivvy Road

« on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 07:27:14 »

Are you an absent fan who hasn't been going but will once the takeover goes through? I'd love to see big numbers turn up in August and really get behind them

I think this season is going to be a struggle and fans need to understand that and not expect a promotion bid just yet but if the fans can at least get on board and turn up we will get there quicker
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 07:34:08 »

I am not an absent fan but a distance fan, but I too hope all these people that said "I wont go again with Power in charge" put their money where their mout i sand turn out for the new regime.

Mind you many said "I won't go again until PdC has left" and they never returned.

I would like to think we can get 7k+ for the first home game.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 07:34:51 »

I'll be there, missed the days out.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 07:35:31 »

I won’t be going until Clem is gone.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 07:38:45 »

I’ve been an absent fan for 10 years now - which obviously pre dates Power.

Haven’t played Saturday football for 3 years now and with my boy getting older, I imagine father/son trips to the CG won’t be far off. Probably at least another year for him but I might dip my toe back in.

Think the season will be a struggle but the shitshow we’ve been through should at least galvanise the fan base.

Personally think after a winning team; adversity is the next best thing to get the fans in and behind the team.
Hunk

« Reply #5 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 07:49:51 »

I’ll be there. Having young kids has scuppered me over the last couple of years but now they are in the states I have virtually all my Saturdays to myself
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 07:56:21 »

*England winning the Euros* could whet some appetite.

*If
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 08:16:53 »

season ticket money ready waiting.

willing to forfeit last season's too, luckily I'm in a position to do that at the moment, accept not everyone is
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 08:32:11 »

season ticket money ready waiting.

willing to forfeit last season's too, luckily I'm in a position to do that at the moment, accept not everyone is
Same here.

Regardless of chances of promotion or relegation, I’m bursting to get back.

Hopefully the prospect of a ‘new dawn’ will galvanise the fan base.
Panda Paws

« Reply #9 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 08:32:39 »

Never had a ST. Will be getting one the first day they go on sale even though I'll go to 6 games max.
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 08:33:24 »

I've been absent for 3 seasons. Got fucked off with the totally with the totally avoidable Williams relegation and the Sherwood dof fiasco. Still went following season but wasn't enjoying it. Mccomick was the final straw for me.
Went to supermarine and started actually enjoying and  looking forward to games. Got a season ticket there this season, £100 as I'm now 60. I'm not sure if I'll go and see town again. I may do. It will have nothing to do with whether we're doing well or not.
I'm not convinced with Clem. The only thing I see he's got going for him is that he's not power. He's not an established cunt, he is a potential one but hopefully not.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 08:34:41 »

I thought you had moved to Bristol or you back again😳

So, give no fucks
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 08:50:04 »

People will find a new reason not to go they always do, first it was McMahon, then King, now it's Power. Next season it'll be something else. There's a lot of people who just have no intention of going to games come what may but for some reason feel the need to be overly vocal to try and justify not attending.

This season we are a division lower, some fans will still be scared of COVID, we are lacking preparation for the new campaign and we're yet to find out if we will face any sanctions. I think it will be a struggle to get decent numbers through the gate this season personally with a lot of the floating fans losing interest.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 09:02:58 »

Hopefully Clem will be in charge and i will be back in the TE.

Will the Chuck Wagon be there at halftime?

Clems Army!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 09:07:03 »

People will find a new reason not to go they always do, first it was McMahon, then King, now it's Power. Next season it'll be something else. There's a lot of people who just have no intention of going to games come what may but for some reason feel the need to be overly vocal to try and justify not attending.

This season we are a division lower, some fans will still be scared of COVID, we are lacking preparation for the new campaign and we're yet to find out if we will face any sanctions. I think it will be a struggle to get decent numbers through the gate this season personally with a lot of the floating fans losing interest.

Hopefully in time Clem will give all the new families who have moved to the area reason to support Swindon once the County ground gets redeveloped. Hope I'm not being too optimistic 😀

So, give no fucks
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: