Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: When The Takeover Happens  (Read 21462 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 10:38:38 »

I'm still intrigued what's in it for Clem as there's no money to be made here

Well, his £1.15m investment for sure. A stadium development. Directors income from a successful and well run club. Business opportunities relating to my second point.

Edit. There is a possibility to make money out of a loss making club. Eg. Pumping money into a loss making Swindon Town from a profit making company to offset tax liabilities. Sounds bizarre but all the while this ‘loss’ making football club it actually getting to be a very saleable asset by organic growth in terms of infrastructure and higher league status. Oh I don’t know, let’s say in ten years down the line something that may have originally cost Axis say £6m in initial debt restructuring and share purchase (Standing) could well be worth £50m with a nice ground, large crowds, off the field and out of season income as well as some decent transfer sales up the pyramid. It is doable you just need the right people with the right backup, know how and vision to achieve it. Success makes success.
« Last Edit: Monday, July 5, 2021, 12:24:24 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 10:49:49 »

Well, his £1.15m investment for sure. A stadium development. Directors income from a successful and well run club. Business opportunities relating to my second point.

Where did Power go wrong he's had the same opportunities😳

So, give no fucks
Hunk

« Reply #32 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 10:56:07 »

But neither the will or the expertise. Clem certainly has the latter.

In terms of stadium development I mean. Whether he can run a football club is, of course, a different matter entirely
Flashheart

« Reply #33 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 11:00:11 »

It's easy to see how taking over STFC in its current form can be beneficial to the right person. It's a potential Championship club that can be bought for relatively little investment. Although I suppose that might be why we've attracted more of our fair share of chancers over the years.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 11:00:46 »

Just remembered something - was it Clem who was having random phono's with the fb crowd back in his early power falling out days?
Flashheart

« Reply #35 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 11:03:24 »

Just remembered something - was it Clem who was having random phono's with the fb crowd back in his early power falling out days?

Yep.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 11:10:51 »

One might say that every club outside the championship is a potential championship club.

Nothing to see here
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 11:13:55 »

I'm not so sure where are anymore and can't see us holding our own with the likes of Bristol City, Derby, Stoke, Swansea etc as even in the premiership there were games we didn't sell out
« Last Edit: Monday, July 5, 2021, 11:17:15 by Jimmy Quinn » Logged

So, give no fucks
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 11:14:08 »

....the pavements will be lined with gold. Rainbows will straddle the sky and unicorns will graze merrily in the fields. A national holiday will be declared and all will be well in the world.

Either that, or we'll hear nowt for a bit. Then, after the must settles, we'll be underwhelmed with the choice of manager. Signings will take a while longer and be people we have never heard of - A combination of journeymen, kids and non-league players. The Trialist family will be busy in preseason and results will be inconsistent when the league start. There will be gloom and doom and infighting on the TEF. Arguments will start about the use of capital letters and it will probably rain!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 11:15:26 »

Yep.

Fuck.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 11:20:12 »

To be fair to the twat (although he doesn’t deserve it) if we had got promoted when his mate Tim sent us a lot of good players from Spurs he could have probably sold us for a profit as a Championship club.

Just imagine if we’d had a fit Ryan Mason for the whole season
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 11:22:15 »

Fair point as we had some good players then and if we had won at Wembley then things may have been different
« Last Edit: Monday, July 5, 2021, 11:25:48 by Jimmy Quinn » Logged

So, give no fucks
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 11:25:16 »

Fair point as we had some good players then and if we had beaten Millwall things may had been different
All down to the 'bobble'.

Charlie Austin may have still been with us now and had a successful international career as we climbed the heights of the Premiershit!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 11:26:35 »

Yep one damn bobble😂

So, give no fucks
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 11:33:33 »

One might say that every club outside the championship is a potential championship club.

Arsenal?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: