Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: When The Takeover Happens  (Read 21433 times)
Moss

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 15:12:35 »

As I don't live in Wiltshire I have never had a Swindon season ticket,  but think I will do so if we get new ownership.

My kids support their local team but still come along occasionally to point out how shit league 2 football is Smiley !

Can't wait to get back to the football and hearing about all those potential signings of people I've never heard of!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 15:24:20 »

As I don't live in Wiltshire I have never had a Swindon season ticket,  but think I will do so if we get new ownership.

My kids support their local team but still come along occasionally to point out how shit league 2 football is Smiley !

Can't wait to get back to the football and hearing about all those potential signings of people I've never heard of!

Who is their local team Moss?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 15:25:56 »

I'm exactly the same as you, will go as and when it suits for myself and my dad. During the pandemic I've moved to Northants and the trains are brutal here (if your final destination is not London or Birmingham) so I might be driving to more games than before.

Your best bet is to maybe drive to Banbury Station. Get the 1pm to Didcot. Then jump on the 2pm to Swindon.

Used to always be on that 2pm train on the Saturdays I went to Town matches. Gets you in at around 2.25pm. Time for a (very) quick pint and stroll to the CG.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 15:29:16 »

Champagne is in the fridge and it’s coming home.

Tonight or on the morrow?
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 15:33:51 »

Your best bet is to maybe drive to Banbury Station. Get the 1pm to Didcot. Then jump on the 2pm to Swindon.

Used to always be on that 2pm train on the Saturdays I went to Town matches. Gets you in at around 2.25pm. Time for a (very) quick pint and stroll to the CG.

I usually go for a pre-match lunch and share a bottle of wine with my dad at the Miller & Carter. I would get the train from Paddington and he would drive from Wantage. I think what I'll probably do going forward is drive to his and then he'll drive into Swindon and back. I'll either then drive home or stay overnight depending on the alcohol intake (which is probably going to be garguantuan given the upcoming season ahead!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 15:38:02 »

What bastard parent would do this to a 5 year old?

I know, I know. I'm in two minds, but he has asked several times to come, but don't think he's quite ready yet as he doesn't have the understanding or attention span. I'd have to ply him with chips, sweets and take his tablet just to keep him occupied I think.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 15:54:52 »

I know, I know. I'm in two minds, but he has asked several times to come, but don't think he's quite ready yet as he doesn't have the understanding or attention span. I'd have to ply him with chips, sweets and take his tablet just to keep him occupied I think.
Do it! Especially as he’s keen. If it doesn’t work out, the scars will heal. If it does, it’s another minor indoctrinated into the cult of STFC.

Having said that, I took my daughter to her first game when she was five weeks old. Despite ‘witnessing’ Sam Parkin’s debut hat trick, she’s happy to steer clear of the County Ground.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 16:09:03 »

Plenty of trains now and Banbury to Didcot direct has made the journey easier.
Tip - buy separate tickets Banbury to Didcot then Didcot to Swindon. Big cost difference. We
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 16:10:37 »

I risked both mine at 4.
Definitely need other distractions though.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 16:11:51 »

Tonight or on the morrow?

Confident this week and a new era.
Then back to football discussions at long last.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 16:15:18 »

Confident this week and a new era.
Then back to football discussions at long last.

So a long slow chill.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 16:16:57 »

a sleeping tablet?

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 16:18:24 »

Plenty of trains now and Banbury to Didcot direct has made the journey easier.
Tip - buy separate tickets Banbury to Didcot then Didcot to Swindon. Big cost difference. We

interesting tip actually as I can get a bus to Banbury so perhaps I might not require the car after all. Dammit, just checked and there are no buses from Banbury after bloody 6pm on a Saturday.  Doh
« Last Edit: Monday, July 5, 2021, 16:35:12 by Bob's Orange » Logged

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 16:31:34 »

I wouldn't worry too much about waiting until they understand the finer points of the game. When they're young, it's about sharing daddy time, with all the necessary bribes and distractions it takes. If it feels good, they'll want to come back.

Slowly, slowly catchee incurable disease...

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 16:51:48 »

I usually go for a pre-match lunch and share a bottle of wine with my dad at the Miller & Carter. I would get the train from Paddington and he would drive from Wantage. I think what I'll probably do going forward is drive to his and then he'll drive into Swindon and back. I'll either then drive home or stay overnight depending on the alcohol intake (which is probably going to be gargantuan given the upcoming season ahead!

Right on BO. I was going to say, if you made more of a day of it, naturally you'd have to get a train from Banbury at around 11am.

Seems sensible to overnight at the old boys and it gives Mrs BO a bit of a break. Hope she had a great birthday by the way!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: