Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: When The Takeover Happens  (Read 21362 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 16:54:34 »

Right on BO. I was going to say, if you made more of a day of it, naturally you'd have to get a train from Banbury at around 11am.

Seems sensible to overnight at the old boys and it gives Mrs BO a bit of a break. Hope she had a great birthday by the way!

Cheers Kev, yeah it was good. We were supposed to be in Porto, delayed from last year, but we'll have to do that some other time. We stayed a couple of nights in Nottingham instead. Not a bad city and ticks all the boxes a sports fan could want with 2 football clubs, a cricket ground and a horse racing circuit. London prices in the pubs I noticed though, but perhaps that's a select few?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 17:16:10 »

Cheers Kev, yeah it was good. We were supposed to be in Porto, delayed from last year, but we'll have to do that some other time. We stayed a couple of nights in Nottingham instead. Not a bad city and ticks all the boxes a sports fan could want with 2 football clubs, a cricket ground and a horse racing circuit. London prices in the pubs I noticed though, but perhaps that's a select few?

Whilst I'm aware we might be taking this somewhat off topic...

Ahh remember the Porto trip. Think I mentioned if you got the opportunity to hot foot over the border and give A Coruna a visit.

Parts of my old stomping ground and yep Notts is pretty decent for several of the things listed as well as a decent original live music scene too. Yeah I guess it depends on where you went for a scoop but I guess that most cities (big and small) will tend to have inflated prices somewhat. Having said that, at Sheffield Train station a few weeks back, had some time before my next train and had a pint of craft ales in the pub there...a surprisingly cheap £2.80. Which was stark contrast to one of the concourse pubs at Manchester Piccadilly - an eye watering £6.20 for a pint of fucking Strongbow...erm you're ok thanks.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 17:39:33 »

I know, I know. I'm in two minds, but he has asked several times to come, but don't think he's quite ready yet as he doesn't have the understanding or attention span. I'd have to ply him with chips, sweets and take his tablet just to keep him occupied I think.

This was me about 8 yrs ago.  Trawl back, and I'm sure you'll find me asking the same questions on here.  The sage advice came back about taking an iPad, plenty of sweets and wrapping up warm.  Never looked back.  Just do it.  My youngest was barely past his 3rd b'day, and loved every second.
Moss

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 17:47:06 »

Who is their local team Moss?

Southampton
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 17:51:00 »

Whilst I'm aware we might be taking this somewhat off topic...

Ahh remember the Porto trip. Think I mentioned if you got the opportunity to hot foot over the border and give A Coruna a visit.

Parts of my old stomping ground and yep Notts is pretty decent for several of the things listed as well as a decent original live music scene too. Yeah I guess it depends on where you went for a scoop but I guess that most cities (big and small) will tend to have inflated prices somewhat. Having said that, at Sheffield Train station a few weeks back, had some time before my next train and had a pint of craft ales in the pub there...a surprisingly cheap £2.80. Which was stark contrast to one of the concourse pubs at Manchester Piccadilly - an eye watering £6.20 for a pint of fucking Strongbow...erm you're ok thanks.

Take a right out of the station and slightly down the hill on the right is good real ale place. Can't remember the name, but you'll find it.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 18:09:26 »

Southampton

Ah ok. Yeah it's quite a big chasm in class between those 2 sides sadly.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Flashheart

« Reply #81 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 18:14:27 »

Hi All.. Just so you are aware there is a Facebook panel tonight with Vic Morgan at 7pm on the Official Supporters Club FB page discussing the ownership transfer inc myself and the adver, former players etc you can ask questions on the FB comments..

It's good to see the takeover being compared with buying a house.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 18:26:06 »

Take a right out of the station and slightly down the hill on the right is good real ale place. Can't remember the name, but you'll find it.

Of Manchester Piccadilly or Sheff?

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 18:43:06 »

This was me about 8 yrs ago.  Trawl back, and I'm sure you'll find me asking the same questions on here.  The sage advice came back about taking an iPad, plenty of sweets and wrapping up warm.  Never looked back.  Just do it.  My youngest was barely past his 3rd b'day, and loved every second.

Thanks for all the replies. Think i'll take him in August when the weather is still good. Hopefully the new regime will continue with the first game thing where they make a fuss, give you a certificate, meet the Robin, etc. Something he'll remember.

chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 18:46:53 »

I thought you had moved to Bristol or you back again😳
I've been back in Swindon 23 years. Did 10 years in Slave Trade Central.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 19:29:20 »

Thanks for all the replies. Think i'll take him in August when the weather is still good. Hopefully the new regime will continue with the first game thing where they make a fuss, give you a certificate, meet the Robin, etc. Something he'll remember.

A slightly funny story.  About 25 years ago we were away to West Brom immediately before xmas.   Myself and my son had planned to go, a friend who is Baggies through and through said he would get the tickets but could he take his son Danny for his first footy experience.  So off we went, the prat had got  tickets amongst the home supporters which didn't go down well! Players came out for pre-match warmups and Danny was shouting at both teams excitedly.  When they went back in Danny got up and announced he was going home as he had seen the game!  Took a lot of persuation for him to stay.  Cannot remember the score but I know we won (3-1?) despite the ref giving WBA two penalties which were both missed
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 20:26:15 »

despite the ref giving WBA two penalties which were both missed

Are you sure it wasn’t three penalties, they scored one of them & missed two and we win 2-1.
December 1989, with Shearer & White scoring for us
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 21:31:22 »

was that *the* shearer goal?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 21:42:41 »

I've been back in Swindon 23 years. Did 10 years in Slave Trade Central.

Not Horfield I hope😀

So, give no fucks
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 21:47:33 »

was that *the* shearer goal?

I don’t think so, wasn’t that in the league cup
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: