Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: When The Takeover Happens  (Read 8383 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2021, 14:47:38 »

Sure I'll pop along to Stirling Albion every now & then.  But I've already 'inherited' a sort of allegiance to Greenock Morton from my father in law...so already have a Scottish club.  They're an hour away, so not so bad.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2021, 14:51:29 »

Sure I'll pop along to Stirling Albion every now & then.  But I've already 'inherited' a sort of allegiance to Greenock Morton from my father in law...so already have a Scottish club.  They're an hour away, so not so bad.

Cappielow is the ground they play at I think? And they also used to be sponsored by a company called Millions, who make those tiny little pink chewy sweets. I suspect that's no longer the case.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2021, 16:02:47 »

Both those things are actually still true.  The pub just outside the ground is called The Norseman.  Makes the CGH look like the Ritz.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2021, 16:27:24 »

Both those things are actually still true.  The pub just outside the ground is called The Norseman.  Makes the CGH look like the Ritz.

Nice! Do Morton have a (large(ish)) following in Norway, hence the name of the pub?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2021, 16:32:23 »

I have no idea.  Although, interestingly, they have a certain Markus Fjørtoft on their books right now.  Born in Swindon while his Dad was working there in the 90s.
Peter Venkman
Power Out

Enjoy yourself its later than you think.

« Reply #125 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2021, 16:34:34 »

I have no idea.  Although, interestingly, they have a certain Markus Fjørtoft on their books right now.  Born in Swindon while his Dad was working there in the 90s.
Not any more, hes at Ayr Utd now.

Clem Morfuni is our friend
is our friend, is our friend
Clem Morfuni is our friend
He hates Power.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2021, 17:31:18 »

In answer to the question tile to this thread...

In light of the time its taking I am going to get royally pissed!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: