Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: When The Takeover Happens  (Read 21224 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2021, 09:03:40 »

Our move north of the border means that we'll certainly be picking/choosing games more than ever.  But can't wait to get back once the new owner is on place and we're back up & running.

Likely that we'll be attending more away than home from now on.  The northern-ness of Div Four next year is a plus, if I'm honest.  There are 10 teams in the league within a 4 hr drive of here...Carlisle being the closest - which we can reach in just under 2 hrs.  Really looking forward to it.  All we need now is a team.  And a manager.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2021, 09:08:19 »

Our move north of the border means that we'll certainly be picking/choosing games more than ever.  But can't wait to get back once the new owner is on place and we're back up & running.

Likely that we'll be attending more away than home from now on.  The northern-ness of Div Four next year is a plus, if I'm honest.  There are 10 teams in the league within a 4 hr drive of here...Carlisle being the closest - which we can reach in just under 2 hrs.  Really looking forward to it.  All we need now is a team.  And a manager.

Where did you move to in the end Ardiles? I remember meeting you at Hartlepool away some 15 years or so ago when I lived in Edinburgh and would drive to northern away games.

During that time, I stupidly thought Sheffield was more north than it actually is when I drove to Hillsborough, which was memorable in itself for me nearly bumping into David Blunkett and his dog, and all of the contents of my molten lava meat pie falling out of the bottom onto the floor, leaving me with just a pastry shell during half time. Final score was 1-1, Mooney scored.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #107 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2021, 09:12:35 »

which was memorable in itself for me nearly bumping into David Blunkett and his dog, and all of the contents of my molten lava meat pie falling out of the bottom onto the floor,
Bollocks, I can't that happening, mind you neither could he Cheesy

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2021, 09:17:52 »

Bollocks, I can't that happening, mind you neither could he Cheesy

Haha. It sounds ridiculous but I was kind of lost trying to find the away section at Hillsborough and a dark people carrier had parked up which had caught my eye, and so the entourage and guide dog had stepped out and with me also wandering about like a blind man, nearly walked in to the poor bugger!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Peter Venkman

« Reply #109 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2021, 09:21:31 »

Hopefully it was a good pie, and having lived in Edinburgh you will know a good pie!

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2021, 09:39:21 »

Our move north of the border means that we'll certainly be picking/choosing games more than ever.  But can't wait to get back once the new owner is on place and we're back up & running.

Likely that we'll be attending more away than home from now on.  The northern-ness of Div Four next year is a plus, if I'm honest.  There are 10 teams in the league within a 4 hr drive of here...Carlisle being the closest - which we can reach in just under 2 hrs.  Really looking forward to it.  All we need now is a team.  And a manager.

Where d'ya move to, see you in Carlisle!
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2021, 09:43:35 »

Hopefully it was a good pie, and having lived in Edinburgh you will know a good pie!

It was until the steak and kidney disappeared through the bottom!! I do love a scotch pie but generally don't eat food at football. However I did partake in one during a Hearts v Kilmarnock league game. I think they must have recognised my English accent as when I peeled the casing away discovered a badly burnt pie, this was literally black as the ace of spades. I'm led to believe Killie pies are supposed to be decent.

I'm also aware that this is going violently off topic which is going to piss some people off during this very important time so any takeover chat today JJ?

Peter Venkman

« Reply #112 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2021, 09:56:25 »

I'm also aware that this is going violently off topic which is going to piss some people off during this very important time so any takeover chat today JJ?
Smiley no news in the last few days at all mate, I think cogs are turning but its now a matter of time as soon as Power realises the game is up.

Just want it all over with now so we can get back to being miserable on the pitch not off it again.

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2021, 09:59:44 »

Smiley no news in the last few days at all mate, I think cogs are turning but its now a matter of time as soon as Power realises the game is up.

Just want it all over with now so we can get back to being miserable on the pitch not off it again.

Very true. It will be interesting what team we put out at Melksham on Friday, but from what I have seen from other League 2 sides, most have only played their youths and triallists anyway which sounds like what we are going to have to do anyhow.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2021, 10:00:03 »

it's oh so quiet, shhhh. shhhh
it's oh so still, shhh, shhhh
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2021, 10:00:14 »

Meanwhile all the other teams are putting the hard work in on the training ground preparing for friendly matches!

So, give no fucks
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2021, 12:45:24 »

Where did you move to in the end Ardiles? I remember meeting you at Hartlepool away some 15 years or so ago when I lived in Edinburgh and would drive to northern away games.

During that time, I stupidly thought Sheffield was more north than it actually is when I drove to Hillsborough, which was memorable in itself for me nearly bumping into David Blunkett and his dog, and all of the contents of my molten lava meat pie falling out of the bottom onto the floor, leaving me with just a pastry shell during half time. Final score was 1-1, Mooney scored.

Where d'ya move to, see you in Carlisle!

We're renting in a small village near Loch Lomond right now.  But recently had offer accepted to buy our own place a bit further east.  So still Stirlingshire, but closer to Stirling itself.  Early days, but really enjoying it up here so far.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2021, 12:47:15 »

And I remember the Hartlepool meet as well.  That was getting on for 18 yrs ago, btw.  Probably the coldest game I've ever been to.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #118 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2021, 12:49:03 »

We're renting in a small village near Loch Lomond right now.  But recently had offer accepted to buy our own place a bit further east.  So still Stirlingshire, but closer to Stirling itself.  Early days, but really enjoying it up here so far.
Great stuff, know Stirling quite well an old girlfriend came from there, my best mate lives a bit further East in Alyth near Perth, outside of the big cities its lovely.

The only minus point is everything is so far away from everywhere else with shitty roads. Loch Lomond is a really beautiful area.

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Wednesday, July 7, 2021, 13:28:43 »

Lovely part of the world is Loch Lomond! I don't know Stirling particularly well but it does look very picturesque around there. I assume Stirling Albion will be your local club?

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: