Pages: 1 ... 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 ... 203   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new, new manager thread. Thread closed.  (Read 275130 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1575 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2022, 14:11:19 »

Cheesy
I like that analogy !   Cheesy

Batch already told me off for being ageist! Sad

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #1576 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2022, 14:16:37 »

How is any of this Charlton fans’ fault? They’re just as pissed off as us.

I'm blaming them and no one else to be honest.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #1577 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2022, 14:26:22 »

T'was the 'joke' I failed to make.

Though is it misogynist if its true?!

Not too sure. To be honest the days of rooting around in handbags seems to be a thing of the past, almost everyone these days pays by card it seems.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #1578 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2022, 14:27:24 »

If I do the same and then continue to do it repeatedly, does that make me an Addickt?

Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #1579 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2022, 14:53:47 »

Hence Sol Campbell being favourite despite us having zero interest. They just provide odds on who is available out their asses and then amend accordingly.

Yeah bang on, the same core of names will be in the betting for every league 2 vacancy, with an added twist of requests at stupidly short prices. Then they'll just adjust the book accordingly at a ridiculous %. God bless the band.

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #1580 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2022, 15:10:27 »

Rightly so, shitheads
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #1581 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2022, 15:15:44 »

Didn't Clem or someone at the club suggest comp had been sorted now?

Its all a bit of a mess TBH.
I just wanted it sorted once and for all. I’m all for fighting our corner but it’s almost 2 weeks now and the last thing you want is a game of brinkmanship impacting our preparations for next season.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #1582 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2022, 15:17:00 »

I just wanted it sorted once and for all. I’m all for fighting our corner but it’s almost 2 weeks now and the last thing you want is a game of brinkmanship impacting our preparations for next season.
I am the opposite, nice to see us not having the piss taken out of us. Fuck em
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #1583 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2022, 15:26:11 »

The fact it’s gone one two weeks, regardless of who’s fault it is or what needs to happen etc etc, kind of indicates we are being taken the piss out of.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1584 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2022, 15:26:42 »

Are we actually wasting any time though? In reality we're already working behind the scenes on a replacement and it'll probably take the same amount of time as it would have anyway.

As far as I can tell its not making any material difference to us and the delay is just making Charltons owners look tin pot and unorganised.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #1585 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2022, 15:34:33 »

I am the opposite, nice to see us not having the piss taken out of us. Fuck em
Only works so long, if this is still dragging on next week then it’s to the detriment of ourselves as well as them. Pre season plans etc need to be drawn up and kind of need a coaching team to do that, can’t go in half cocked like last season and hope for the same result again.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1586 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2022, 15:44:45 »

Only works so long, if this is still dragging on next week then it’s to the detriment of ourselves as well as them. Pre season plans etc need to be drawn up and kind of need a coaching team to do that, can’t go in half cocked like last season and hope for the same result again.

Again though, has it made any actual difference to our preparation? We still have to appoint a head coach. Even if we've picked one today or yesterday, its only delaying an announcement a few days. That doesn't actually effect our season or preparation, it just frustrates fans.

I'm with Mango. We're not just rolling over and letting them tickle our belly and pay us whatever they fancy. Its good to see.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #1587 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2022, 15:58:05 »

Rightly so, shitheads

What’s it got to do with the slave traders?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #1588 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2022, 16:01:33 »

Again though, has it made any actual difference to our preparation? We still have to appoint a head coach. Even if we've picked one today or yesterday, its only delaying an announcement a few days. That doesn't actually effect our season or preparation, it just frustrates fans.

I'm with Mango. We're not just rolling over and letting them tickle our belly and pay us whatever they fancy. Its good to see.
Well yeah eventually the players do return or signings will go elsewhere as people are naturally averse to uncertainty so it will soon become an issue if it drags into next week or later. Also you’ve got to be careful it doesn’t get to the point where Charlton call our bluff and we are left with a coaching staff on the payroll that we have no use for. Playing hardball is fine until you come up against someone that is more stubborn than yourself…. The Charlton owner sounds erratic and unpredictable and the longer this takes the riskier it gets for us.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1589 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2022, 16:10:57 »

Well yeah eventually the players do return or signings will go elsewhere as people are naturally averse to uncertainty so it will soon become an issue if it drags into next week or later. Also you’ve got to be careful it doesn’t get to the point where Charlton call our bluff and we are left with a coaching staff on the payroll that we have no use for. Playing hardball is fine until you come up against someone that is more stubborn than yourself…. The Charlton owner sounds erratic and unpredictable and the longer this takes the riskier it gets for us.

We know very little. Garner could have effectively already gone and they just want to announce the coaching staff at the same time. If that's the case, there is nothing stopping us appointing a new head coach in the mean time and just announcing it after its all done with Charlton and the coaching staff.

It seems more of a delay to announcements than an actual delay in reality.
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 ... 203   Go Up
Print
Jump to: