Pages: 1 ... 200 201 202 [203]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new, new manager thread. Thread closed.  (Read 275146 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3030 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 15:52:37 »

Can we all fuck off to the Transfers thread now and moan about not signing anyone, or at least anyone whose any good or not at least Championship standard.
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #3031 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 15:53:36 »

Close the thread

Agree.

Now, ain't that just like me?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3032 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 15:53:40 »

Well, my socks aren't blown off, but I'll support him, and glad that we can get the summer underway properly now.

I'm sure that nobody needs more tone policing in this thread, but if I may add my £0.02, I think that most of the "negative" reaction has been thoroughly reasonable. I've not seen anyone who wants him to fail or even who doesn't want him to succeed, which would clearly be stupid. I think a few of the more supportive posters have tipped over into being pricks about it, but not most.

But it's not stupid to be a bit disappointed that we've ended up appointing someone who 12 months ago was manager of Chatham Town in the Isthmian South East.

Let us all hope, genuinely, that he and Di Michele are the team to take this club forward.

Perfectly put. If it wasn't for your bacon preferences you'd be half decent!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #3033 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 15:53:48 »

Close the thread

…till October
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #3034 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 15:54:18 »

Who's the fourth man in this pic? Obviously RA and SL, assuming one of the other two is Sandro Di Michele...
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #3035 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 15:54:55 »

Underwhelming yes, but even with an overwhelming option (Mason, Carrick, A N Other) there is no guarantee of they would have been successful, just more of  abuzz

Just smacks of cheapness and comes across as very unexciting, probably why they released the shirts last week  Grin  

At least it isn't Sol Campbell
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3036 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 15:55:21 »

Who's the fourth man in this pic? Obviously RA and SL, assuming one of the other two is Sandro Di Michele...

White shoes and a suit. We're fucked Smiley
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #3037 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 15:55:34 »

Mike Dia…. Sorry, Zavier Austin.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3038 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 15:55:58 »

At least it isn't Sol Campbell

Now that's got to be universally popular!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #3039 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 15:56:17 »

Lindsey has managed 1 club on a perm basis, Chatham, where he had a 71% win ratio with 20 wins in 28 games.

I am happy to give him a chance, the appointment doesn't inspire me with confidence but we weren't part of the interview process so I will wait and see what he says to the fans and what the club say 1st before writing the entire season off based upon his appointment.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #3040 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 15:57:06 »

Lindsey has managed 1 club on a perm basis, Chatham, where he had a 71% win ratio with 20 wins in 28 games.

I am happy to give him a chance, the appointment doesn't inspire me with confidence but we weren't part of the interview process so I will wait and see what he says to the fans and what the club say 1st before writing the entire season off based upon his appointment.

The voice of reason as ever JJ  (although usually Batch as well)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #3041 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 15:57:19 »

Well, my socks aren't blown off, but I'll support him, and glad that we can get the summer underway properly now.

I'm sure that nobody needs more tone policing in this thread, but if I may add my £0.02, I think that most of the "negative" reaction has been thoroughly reasonable. I've not seen anyone who wants him to fail or even who doesn't want him to succeed, which would clearly be stupid. I think a few of the more supportive posters have tipped over into being pricks about it, but not most.

But it's not stupid to be a bit disappointed that we've ended up appointing someone who 12 months ago was manager of Chatham Town in the Isthmian South East.

Let us all hope, genuinely, that he and Di Michele are the team to take this club forward.

Rather eloquently put and I completely concur…
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #3042 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 15:57:30 »

And that ends the thread.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 202 [203]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: