Pages: 1 ... 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 ... 203   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new, new manager thread. Thread closed.  (Read 275156 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1560 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2022, 13:08:02 »

Its now June 2026 and Ben Garner finally agrees to become the new manager at Charlton Athletic, now they just need to confirm the compensation amount.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1561 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2022, 13:09:00 »

There's a break in the space time continuem
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #1562 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2022, 13:10:26 »

In reality though its probably not made much difference - assuming we have a new man lined up.

Agreed. Same as last summer. Chorley and Clem had Garner lined up, and had their targets mapped out. They may have lost some, or things may change, but they were definately ready for the moment they could start doing things officially.

I hope the new man is lined up and they are in a similar situation for this season.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #1563 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2022, 13:15:10 »

Conor@marksprin
1h
Swindon playing hard ball on compo for coaching staff but clubs not to far apart and with TS now in the country should get sorted next 48 hours and announced then …
Didn't Clem or someone at the club suggest comp had been sorted now?

Its all a bit of a mess TBH.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1564 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2022, 13:15:17 »

Day 63 of schrodinger's Garner, and the natives are growing weary. Well I bloody well am anyway.

In reality though its probably not made much difference - assuming we have a new man lined up.

Also, agest. It not just old women that do that. Its most women. Like its some kind of shock after queueing for 10 minutes that, at the end of scanning, they have to look into their now TARDIS handbag for a payment method. 

Is it worst to be ageist or a mysogonist these days? I initially just had it as an old person but changed it to try and avoid any insult on here! Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #1565 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2022, 13:18:13 »

Is Chorley off to Charlton too? My understanding was that the two leaving were unrelated and Chorley had offered his resignation towards the end of the season.

This is really getting all a bit tedious now. I've nothing against Charlton, know some of their fans and they're good people, but this is really making me dislike them a bit. I remember listening to their owner on TalkSport when he was trying to take over and thinking he sounds like a bit of a headcase. Hope he hurries the fuck up so we can get on with our season.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #1566 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2022, 13:18:47 »

Didn't Clem or someone at the club suggest comp had been sorted now?

Its all a bit of a mess TBH.

It was said comp was sorted for Garner, but not for the two Scotts. But as the comments suggests, i can't believe its big numbers and going to stop anything.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1567 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2022, 13:27:11 »

If we're getting £150k compo for Garner how much do we think we're getting for the coaching staff? Another £50k to £60k?

I can understand Clem holding out for the better compo. As frustrating as it is, it's only Charlton looking more and more unprofessional as it drags on and we have a new manager/head coach to search for anyway.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #1568 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2022, 13:27:56 »

This is really getting all a bit tedious now. I've nothing against Charlton, know some of their fans and they're good people, but this is really making me dislike them a bit. I remember listening to their owner on TalkSport when he was trying to take over and thinking he sounds like a bit of a headcase. Hope he hurries the fuck up so we can get on with our season.
Yeah I know a few Charlton fans and they are decent, but this is a joke, it doesn't reflect on the club itself as much as on their owners.

As stated above the fee surely can't be that big, after all they paid us near £1m for DJ only 18 months ago and apparently were paying Jackson £400k per year if you believe their forum, so I doubt the whole compo package would be more than at most £250k.

Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #1569 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2022, 13:35:45 »

Indeed, the fact is we haven't even officially announced our manager is leaving, so for them to open a book on our next manager either shows they are ITK, or just go off of newpaper musings?

They'll be betting the rumors', the traders marking it up will have absolutely no idea who whats going on in 99% of the cases.

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1570 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2022, 13:41:38 »

They'll be betting the rumors', the traders marking it up will have absolutely no idea who whats going on in 99% of the cases.

Hence Sol Campbell being favourite despite us having zero interest. They just provide odds on who is available out their asses and then amend accordingly.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1571 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2022, 13:44:49 »

How is any of this Charlton fans’ fault? They’re just as pissed off as us.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #1572 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2022, 14:06:31 »

How is any of this Charlton fans’ fault? They’re just as pissed off as us.
Don't think anyone has blamed Charlton fans, quite the opposite. The owners of the club, totally different matter.

digby

Ignore
« Reply #1573 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2022, 14:09:32 »

Cheesy
it would be good to put some of this uncertainty behind us. I think we all know Garner is 99% gone to Charlton but it just feels like we have to put our business on hold while they faff about like old women looking for change in their purses at a supermarket checkout.

I like that analogy !   Cheesy
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1574 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2022, 14:11:08 »

Is it worst to be ageist or a mysogonist these days?

T'was the 'joke' I failed to make.

Though is it misogynist if its true?!
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 ... 203   Go Up
Print
Jump to: