Pages: 1 ... 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 ... 203   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new, new manager thread. Thread closed.  (Read 275129 times)
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #1170 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2022, 14:33:04 »

Sangita Shah.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #1171 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2022, 14:38:04 »

It's going to happen mate, with a fanbase like ours you are never going to be able to appeal to everyone, probably even if Pep was given the job.
Too much like Garner. Wink
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #1172 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2022, 14:48:05 »

Alex Scott. She’s fucking everywhere else.

Apart from the place I wish she was!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #1173 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2022, 15:00:14 »

Is the reason people want him back, he told people want they wanted to hear.

He told us not to question his loyalty, then days later asked to leave.
He then had the opportunity to tell us how shit Power was, but actually praised him.

People saying Garner isn't welcome back due to his lack of loyalty for interviewing for another club, yet want Wellens back
Aye,my thoughts too

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1174 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2022, 15:00:32 »

Aye,my thoughts too
+1

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #1175 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2022, 15:01:02 »

I wonder how many bets it takes to alter the odds
For Town manager? I'd guess one

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #1176 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2022, 15:01:12 »

I seem to recall that during the last round of management speculation, it was suggested that the club should be a trailblazer, break down barriers and appoint a female manager.  Why not?
Female football is a completely different sport to mens football, it’s played to a completely different intensity you don’t have to set up against teams like Vale where no the ball spends more time in the air than on the ground. A female manager would need a grounding in coaching in mens football before they could even be considered IMO. And this is before you even consider the ego of an average footballer and the likely problems that would cause. I’d rather we weren’t the experiment…
adje

Ignore
« Reply #1177 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2022, 15:02:51 »

Female football is a completely different sport to mens football, it’s played to a completely different intensity you don’t have to set up against teams like Vale where no the ball spends more time in the air than on the ground. A female manager would need a grounding in coaching in mens football before they could even be considered IMO. And this is before you even consider the ego of an average footballer and the likely problems that would cause. I’d rather we weren’t the experiment…
Me too.

Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #1178 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2022, 15:05:32 »

Aye,my thoughts too

Completely disagree. There were many mitigating circumstance behind Wellens jumping ship, as we all witnessed across that season. I don't begrudge him leaving for a local club near his family with that about to happen.

There are no such concerns this season (beyond rumours from nobodies) and the club is on the up, so there are no mitigating circumstances. Having said that i dont have a problem with him moving up the leagues earning more cash etc.

I also think the fanbase at large play down both of their achieves. With lines like, he had Doyle and Yates, or with this squad he should have got automatic. Make no mistake both managers deserve credit for getting those performances from those players and getting us where they got us. No point rewriting history and saying they werer both lucky.

Anyone on to whoever is next. I don't see Wellens leaving honestly.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #1179 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2022, 15:07:21 »

Me too.

Yep, fuck that. They are pretty much 2 different sports.

I’d rather we weren’t the experiment
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1180 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2022, 15:08:51 »

Absolutely.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1181 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2022, 15:10:55 »

Same applies to men who have previously coached in women's football - Mark Sampson had a go at Stevenage, although that went pretty disastrously for multiple reasons. A good coach could make the tactical transition though - it's not exactly like men's academy football is played particularly similarly to League Two, and that's the in vogue option!
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #1182 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2022, 15:14:11 »

Same applies to men who have previously coached in women's football - Mark Sampson had a go at Stevenage, although that went pretty disastrously for multiple reasons.
Yep it’s a completely different sport and apart from the rules very little is transferable. Our under 18’s would beat any female team in the world with relative ease.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #1183 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2022, 15:15:17 »

You don't know until you try it.  It would be a great USP for a club that does break the mould.  I suppose you need a progressive club/fanbase.

Nothing to see here
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #1184 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2022, 15:37:28 »

The Chelsea womens manager knows her stuff - whether it would work?  who knows, but she would be the only current womens manager that would get anywhere near a mens job.  Crawley considered her for their manager position apparently.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 ... 203   Go Up
Print
Jump to: