Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 ... 203   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new, new manager thread. Thread closed.  (Read 277339 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1125 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2022, 09:41:33 »

Him and Mark Delaney are the only 2 I’m aware of that have been interviewed/spoken to.

Fair enough, thanks. I think Mark Delaney would be an interesting and forward thinking choice.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #1126 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2022, 09:46:25 »

And here it begins

It's going to happen mate, with a fanbase like ours you are never going to be able to appeal to everyone, probably even if Pep was given the job.

I remember when Wellens was appointed there was a mixture of positive and negative comments, we won't please anyone and if people want to moan about it, that's their outlook.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #1127 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2022, 09:48:28 »

It's going to happen mate, with a fanbase like ours you are never going to be able to appeal to everyone, probably even if Pep was given the job.

I remember when Wellens was appointed there was a mixture of positive and negative comments, we won't please anyone and if people want to moan about it, that's their outlook.

Opinions and arseholes.

Forgive me for not getting excited and not wanting to be ultra positive about the possibility of Matt Taylor, who’s flopped quite bad already,  becoming our manager.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #1128 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2022, 09:54:36 »

Opinions and arseholes.

Forgive me for not getting excited and not wanting to be ultra positive about the possibility of Matt Taylor, who’s flopped quite bad already,  becoming our manager.

You are perfectly entitled to, which is what I said. All i'd say is that failure at a different club doesn't necessarily mean it will definitely happen with us. Sam Parkin case in point (aware that's a player, rather than a manager)

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1129 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2022, 09:56:44 »

You're usually dead keen on bringing back successful former managers who left the club in disappointing circumstances!

Key word being successful
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #1130 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2022, 09:59:58 »

The groundswell for Wellens underwhelms me,personally
I thought that he did well on the comms front when he was here. I also thought he handled coming back incredibly well too. I think he had a lot of luck with loan players, but he showed when Orient came to town this year that he could adapt to situations. He set that team up well to go 1-0 up. After the sending off, he reorganised and snuffed us out completely with 10 men. He went up in my estimations from that game.

I have no issues with him leaving. He didn't do a Sol Campbell. He didn't take us to the cleaners. If I'd been in his position, I think I would have gone too.

If he did come back, I would welcome and get behind him. It wouldn't be the worst appointment in the world. But, I don't think he will, and I don't think we should be looking backwards. We should thank him for the good times and move on.

Wellens is part of the past - both good and bad. We move on!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #1131 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2022, 10:02:11 »

You are perfectly entitled to, which is what I said. All i'd say is that failure at a different club doesn't necessarily mean it will definitely happen with us. Sam Parkin case in point (aware that's a player, rather than a manager)

And with regards to positivity, having a season ticket for the last however many seasons, leaving my money in the club and backing this team on virtually every single away game this season is how I be positive and support, I just standby that I don’t want this guy anywhere near.

Fair RE Parkin, could even say Wellens at Oldham , Doyle at Bradford, etc etc.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1132 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2022, 10:47:04 »

Mango, I felt the same way when Wellens was appointed.  I also saw sense in appointing Flitcroft.

No need to apologise for opinions. Surely we are all adult enough to accept that they aren't always right.

Its an emotional business the football club supporting.

Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #1133 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2022, 10:48:20 »

The groundswell for Wellens underwhelms me,personally

…and…me…

Me three.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #1134 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2022, 10:50:23 »

At least garner had one small spell at rovers where he done well

I’m not sure Rovers fans would agree with the “done well” statement 😉
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #1135 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2022, 11:29:13 »

The Matty Taylor is definitely the one at Exeter
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1136 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2022, 11:32:48 »

that's really odd then!

must be at a pay rise/more budget at Exeter
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #1137 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2022, 11:40:02 »

Out of all the names allegedly linked I would prefer Carrick as hes obviously played at the highest level with club and country and has a good grounding at coaching level too.

He applied at Lincoln and was down to 2 but apparently asked for a fairly large pay packet hence him being overlooked.

And therein lies the nub of who we can expect budget wise. Anyone with grandiose ideas of £5+ per week needn’t apply anyone happy to accept upto a £3k ceiling will be welcomed with open arms and a closed wallet.
kaufman

« Reply #1138 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2022, 11:54:49 »

So then.
A few on here claim to know who’s been interviewed.
Are we able to ask how you know it’s that Matt taylor.
Are we saying both Matt Taylors have been interviewed?
cdakev

Ignore
« Reply #1139 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2022, 11:55:43 »

Yep it's definately Matt Taylor the Exeter Manager 2/1.
If Mark Delaney has been interviewed he might be worth putting a £1 on as he's 33/1 !
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 ... 203   Go Up
Print
Jump to: