Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 ... 203   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new, new manager thread. Thread closed.  (Read 275285 times)
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #975 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 09:18:53 »

People just need to calm down and take a breath - it's not like we haven't been in similar situations before.  The last 10-15 pages have used up our quota of 80% bollocks for next season already, it ends up just going around in circles.

The things we know based on official sources from the club:
Chorley is leaving
The budget is not being reduced
There is no additional hidden debt (at this point)
Sol Campbell is not on the list of potential candidates for new manager (if one is needed)
Graham Rix rumour was a very successful troll

The things we have enough information about to know that there is probably some truth in it:
Garner has been in discussion with CA about potentially taking the Managers role there

That is it really.  As fans, talking about it on here is healthy and needed given the lack of official information coming out of the club at the moment (due to Holidays) but everybody just needs to chill out and trust that Clem is working on a way forward as he stated in the press release - nothing more we can do.

As far as ITKers go - you can't ask "where are all the ITKers when you need them" and then when they pop up, complain when they get things wrong or can't divulge more info, it's all a game of listening to the ITKers you trust.  I trust certain posters on here because I believe that they do have the inside track and say what they can, Jan is one of those.  Others I talk with off forum.  When a poster comes on that I don't recognise stating things as fact, i take it with a pinch of salt until I get more infomration to convince me that it might be true.

Let's not be Twitter, you are all better than that people Cheesy

Post of the week award goes to Berniman. Let all enjoy the long weekend, chill, have a few beers and await further news. In Clem and Angus we trust, until its proved otherwise.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #976 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 09:22:32 »

It’s been posted a few times on here that Chorley announced he was leaving weeks ago.

Did everyone else miss that? Would have thought such an announcement would have been discussed on here then.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #977 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 09:23:26 »

It was definitely not "announced". I took that to mean there had been rumours.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #978 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 09:28:04 »

Apparently, Garner to Charlton was a done deal weeks ago - before the POs.

That fucking stinks.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #979 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 09:30:24 »

That fucking stinks.

If that is true, then I'm not sure if I'm not annoyed that he snaked out on us or the fact they're still allowing it to drag on for this long after.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #980 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 09:32:35 »

That fucking stinks.

Where did you hear that.

The rumour yesterday was he applied before the first leg, and was interviewed 2 days after the second leg (discussed in comments on OSC "on the sofa")

As long as the squad didn't get wind and affected, I don't suppose the timing is all that bad.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #981 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 09:33:13 »

That fucking stinks.

What's your sauce?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #982 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 09:35:11 »

What's your sauce?

I assume it’s just a piss take because after Chorley resigned yesterday every man and his dog seemed to know he was leaving weeks ago but didn’t say anything until after he left

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #983 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 09:39:04 »

Hence the apparently bit

‘We can all relax.

We finally have a poster (on another forum) who actually knows what is happening.

- the deal with Garner was done long ago

- Garner is currently on holiday

- TS is flying over some time in the next 3 weeks to announce Garner as manager

(Source: R. Moore, although it’s not Roger)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #984 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 09:40:57 »

I assume it’s just a piss take because after Chorley resigned yesterday every man and his dog seemed to know he was leaving weeks ago but didn’t say anything until after he left

Chorley leaving rumour has been doing the rounds for weeks - it was definitely a topic of conversation at the end of season awards do, and I had heard it before that.  Some people choose not to say anything on here, which is their porogative, and understandable given the amount of grief you get.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #985 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 09:43:04 »

Charlton fans say Thomas Sandgaard is due over this week. Somebody said Thursday, but quite where that came from...

The mini statement yesterday didn't make it sound like an announcement was due imminently.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #986 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 09:43:18 »

I can’t think what clause could be in Garner’s contract that prevents the club commenting.

I can imagine there is a buy-out clause that Charlton have met, but if it’s Charlton not wanting it confirmed I’d be inclined to tell them to fuck off.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #987 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 09:44:31 »

Chorley leaving rumour has been doing the rounds for weeks - it was definitely a topic of conversation at the end of season awards do

Did you get any "info" from Zav, or was that alleged to happen at the sponsors evening? Were you at that?
« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 09:47:13 by Batch » Logged
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #988 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 09:46:41 »

Charlton fans say Thomas Sandgaard is due over this week. Somebody said Thursday, but quite where that came from...

The mini statement yesterday didn't make it sound like an announcement was due imminently.

They will likely have to wait until Garner is back, will not want to announce him without the obligatory scarf above the head photo - wouldn't look good.

Can you imagine if Garner got to his Holiday hotel and realised that there were some fans from Swindon staying there as well Cheesy I bet he doesn't lay a STFC scarf out on the sunbed..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #989 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 09:48:13 »

That doesn’t prevent STFC from just saying Garner has left the club - a la Chorley
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 ... 203   Go Up
Print
Jump to: