Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 ... 203   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new, new manager thread. Thread closed.  (Read 276933 times)
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #960 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 08:51:49 »

Are you not worried that Austin is telling fans snippets of information whenever he gets the chance?
It depends on what has been said and how fans have interpreted what he said, we all know things can be taken in many different ways.  Its not ideal and feedback will be given on this at the advisory board .

Unfortunately the club cant communicate on the BG situation due to contractual elements which restrict what can be said, if they could communicate it they would. Trust the club they have it in hand
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #961 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 08:53:16 »

Club should have communicated better from when it all kicked off with BG, even just a yes we’ve given Charlton and BG permission to speak, but they didn’t, a lot of this could have been avoided. And I guess you could say the Trust or OSC coulda pushed them abit sooner for clarity, but it is what it is. Good work getting that statement out as it’s definitely calmed the fan base, let’s hope we see an appointment and a flurry of players soon.
They cant communicate on it due to contractual situation. If they could they would.. We have spoken to them about providing an update but due to this contract situation they cant on BG.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #962 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 08:57:28 »

yeah, but I am making the assumption the terms are the same

I thought it had been stated previously that Power bought the interest free debenture, and was now charging the club interest on the loan
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #963 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 08:57:54 »

Austin is vice chairman.

The only thing that hasn't been announced is whether he passed the (presumably directors) test to sit on the board. Presumably not.

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2021/august/club-statement---zavier-austin/

Club stories refer to him as vice chair , e.g.:

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2022/march/zav-austin-on-karachi-trip/

Thanks but don't spend any more time tracking back. I've also seen him referred to as VC in the minutes of an earlier Advisory Board meeting but, until his name appears on the Companies House register, I'll remain sceptical.  Smiley
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #964 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 08:59:05 »

I thought it had been stated previously that Power bought the interest free debenture, and was now charging the club interest on the loan

I remember that being said as well.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #965 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 09:00:28 »

This is what I dont get, any miss information seems (allegedly) to have come from the horses mouth so to speak.

Can imagine it's come from someone with links to our previous owner, who is happy to try & de-stabilise the club
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #966 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 09:01:44 »

Ah I see PF. As you were then

It may be so. I have no idea! The Trust uppers say they are on it providing explanation of the accounts that were recently published.

Once they do that, hopefully everything will be cleared up and away we go.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #967 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 09:03:33 »

They cant communicate on it due to contractual situation. If they could they would.. We have spoken to them about providing an update but due to this contract situation they cant on BG.

That was relatively obvious, but appreciate the confirmation. I think it's fair that fans should be asking questions of what is happening behind the scenes as even though Lee Power has gone, there are still what could be perceived as 'shady' characters involved in the club. (Zav Austin, Dolph, that Hunt fella)

On the other hand I think we also have to be a little bit patient re the managerial change, it's frustrating not to know but these things take time. Hartlepool for example still don't have a manager and they sacked their managerial team weeks ago, Crawley are in a similar boat.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #968 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 09:04:55 »

Most people at the club are on holiday including Rob A, Clem only one there and he simply asked the Trust to pass on the message to fans to remain calm lots of things being sorted soon. We were simply trying to help fans understand all is in hand. People should be allowed Holidays, Rob hasn't had one for over 10 months and works 6 days a week. You try and help fans by passing on a genuine message and still get criticized you cant win really.

Fwiw, I’m with you on this. Although far from ideal I’m nowhere near panicking yet. I’m all for Rob having a break and if there simply isn’t anything solid to report yet I’d rather wait until there is rather than some snippets of fluff. Not a dig at anyone on the other side of the fence, just my opinion
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #969 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 09:05:14 »

I don't know if it's feasible but is it worth trying to amalgamate some of the open questions that have been raised here for Jan Airplane Man to take away to the next advisory board?

Fuckit, I've done it anyway.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #970 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 09:06:26 »

People just need to calm down and take a breath - it's not like we haven't been in similar situations before.  The last 10-15 pages have used up our quota of 80% bollocks for next season already, it ends up just going around in circles.

The things we know based on official sources from the club:
Chorley is leaving
The budget is not being reduced
There is no additional hidden debt (at this point)
Sol Campbell is not on the list of potential candidates for new manager (if one is needed)
Graham Rix rumour was a very successful troll

The things we have enough information about to know that there is probably some truth in it:
Garner has been in discussion with CA about potentially taking the Managers role there

That is it really.  As fans, talking about it on here is healthy and needed given the lack of official information coming out of the club at the moment (due to Holidays) but everybody just needs to chill out and trust that Clem is working on a way forward as he stated in the press release - nothing more we can do.

As far as ITKers go - you can't ask "where are all the ITKers when you need them" and then when they pop up, complain when they get things wrong or can't divulge more info, it's all a game of listening to the ITKers you trust.  I trust certain posters on here because I believe that they do have the inside track and say what they can, Jan is one of those.  Others I talk with off forum.  When a poster comes on that I don't recognise stating things as fact, i take it with a pinch of salt until I get more infomration to convince me that it might be true.

Let's not be Twitter, you are all better than that people Cheesy

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #971 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 09:10:58 »

Cheesy Well summed up.
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #972 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 09:15:17 »

People just need to calm down and take a breath - it's not like we haven't been in similar situations before.  The last 10-15 pages have used up our quota of 80% bollocks for next season already, it ends up just going around in circles.

Chorley is leaving
Sol Campbell is not on the list of potential candidates for new manager (if one is needed)

The things we have enough information about to know that there is probably some truth in it:
Garner has been in discussion with CA about potentially taking the Managers role there

That is it really.  As fans, talking about it on here is healthy and needed given the lack of official information coming out of the club at the moment (due to Holidays) but everybody just needs to chill out and trust that Clem is working on a way forward as he stated in the press release - nothing more we can do.

As far as ITKers go - you can't ask "where are all the ITKers when you need them" and then when they pop up, complain when they get things wrong or can't divulge more info, it's all a game of listening to the ITKers you trust.  I trust certain posters on here because I believe that they do have the inside track and say what they can, Jan is one of those.  Others I talk with off forum.  When a poster comes on that I don't recognise stating things as fact, i take it with a pinch of salt until I get more infomration to convince me that it might be true.

Top post.  For as long as I've supported this club I've have ridden the rollercoaster of STFC.  I'm sure more clarity will be forthcoming over the next week or so then we can concentrate on our next signings
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #973 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 09:16:23 »

Chorley is leaving

Retweeted
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #974 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 09:17:45 »

Retweeted

Cheesy

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 ... 203   Go Up
Print
Jump to: