Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 ... 203   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new, new manager thread. Thread closed.  (Read 275183 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #945 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 08:16:57 »

Chorley made it clear 5 to 6 weeks ago that he was leaving.

That ties in with what I was told and at the time there was no mention of Garner leaving.

So, give no fucks
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #946 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 08:18:36 »

Chorley made it clear 5 to 6 weeks ago that he was leaving.
Ok...maybe so.

My comments were more regarding the "statements of fact" made that there would be budget cuts and hidden debts had been discovered.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #947 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 08:22:57 »

Rob is away on holiday there may be genuine reasons why he has not communicated, he has a family and entitled to his holiday. Agree though the club could and should have probably have popped that up on the website but i do think we are being a bit over the top with our reactions. The only thing the club really had to comment on yesterday was Chorley and they did
Exactly.

The Chorley situation is the only thing they can comment on and have done so. They cannot make an official comment on Garner because nothing official has happened yet. As far as anyone is concerned it is just speculation (even if it is likely to be true). Why would they need to officially comment on idle speculation made that the budget was being cut or hidden debts had been discovered?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #948 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 08:30:41 »

Quote from: Exiled Bob

I get the impression on here that some people want to believe stuff put about by "ITK" posters about budget cuts, hidden debts, etc...even when credible sources actually at the club (Angus in this case) confirm that it is bullshit.

nope, just trying to make sense of it all.

doubt we ever will get official lines from Garner and Chorley's reasons. Even if it's simply a 'too good to turn down' offer.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #949 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 08:31:43 »

There seems to be some really sinister misinformation being spread over the past few months. Tin foil hat on but I wonder if someone out there is trying to get this "information" out deliberately....
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #950 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 08:33:23 »

If you’re CEO of a company and something major happens (like say you’re most emportant employees leaving), then I would say it’s fairly normal to expect your holiday be disrupted a little. Comes with the job

If I was being cynical I would argue this is another case if the club using the trust as a mouthpiece for some difficult messaging
Most people at the club are on holiday including Rob A, Clem only one there and he simply asked the Trust to pass on the message to fans to remain calm lots of things being sorted soon. We were simply trying to help fans understand all is in hand. People should be allowed Holidays, Rob hasn't had one for over 10 months and works 6 days a week. You try and help fans by passing on a genuine message and still get criticized you cant win really.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #951 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 08:35:12 »

I'm trying to find the Andrew black tweets because I thought it was payable in club sale. But even then we won't know if Clem's takeover is deemed qualifying.

The Andrews Black debt was bought off of him by the cunt that shan't be named.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #952 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 08:36:11 »

Most people at the club are on holiday including Rob A, Clem only one there and he simply asked the Trust to pass on the message to fans to remain calm lots of things being sorted soon. We were simply trying to help fans understand all is in hand. People should be allowed Holidays, Rob hasn't had one for over 10 months and works 6 days a week. You try and help fans by passing on a genuine message and still get criticized you cant win really.

Are you not worried that Austin is telling fans snippets of information whenever he gets the chance?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #953 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 08:36:46 »

Quote from: ChalkyWhiteIsGod
The Andrews Black debt was bought off of him by the cunt that shan't be named.

yeah, but I am making the assumption the terms are the same
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #954 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 08:37:50 »

Club should have communicated better from when it all kicked off with BG, even just a yes we’ve given Charlton and BG permission to speak, but they didn’t, a lot of this could have been avoided. And I guess you could say the Trust or OSC coulda pushed them abit sooner for clarity, but it is what it is. Good work getting that statement out as it’s definitely calmed the fan base, let’s hope we see an appointment and a flurry of players soon.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #955 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 08:40:04 »

Are you not worried that Austin is telling fans snippets of information whenever he gets the chance?
This is what I dont get, any miss information seems (allegedly) to have come from the horses mouth so to speak.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #956 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 08:44:27 »

This is what I dont get, any miss information seems (allegedly) to have come from the horses mouth so to speak.

I'm not sure that referring to Austin as "the horse's mouth" is strictly accurate. Has his role (if he has one) actually been confirmed/announced? Maybe a different part of the horse's anatomy might be more appropriate?  Smiley
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #957 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 08:46:07 »

I'm not sure that referring to Austin as "the horse's mouth" is strictly accurate. Has his role (if he has one) actually been confirmed/announced? Maybe a different part of the horse's anatomy might be more appropriate?  Smiley
Harsh Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #958 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 08:46:40 »

Has his role (if he has one) actually been confirmed/announced?

Austin is vice chairman.

The only thing that hasn't been announced is whether he passed the (presumably directors) test to sit on the board. Presumably not.

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2021/august/club-statement---zavier-austin/

Club stories refer to him as vice chair , e.g.:

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2022/march/zav-austin-on-karachi-trip/
« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 08:51:09 by Batch » Logged
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #959 on: Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 08:48:40 »

Well said. Some of the fans really need to get a grip.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 ... 203   Go Up
Print
Jump to: