Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 203   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new, new manager thread. Thread closed.  (Read 277199 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 10:02:35 »

I know it's not the be all and end all but can you see him being able to manage McKirdy?

Probably not.
Can you see McKirdy scoring another 20 goals next season or do we think his career has peaked?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 10:12:26 »

Can you see McKirdy scoring another 20 goals next season or do we think his career has peaked?

Crystal ball time.

skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 10:16:24 »

They have a big pitch don't they? His style of football might work there, but as you say it will be interesting to see.

He says he likes wide pitches but all too often we were exposed down the wings by a long cross field ball.
So really what he means is he like a wide pitch for attacking but a narrow fucker to defend.
Unsure if I'm pissed off not bothered or happy, some games were good some were fucking atrocious.
It's Swindon what do we expect, let's get another big name to get us going again.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 10:22:56 »

Well, it’s compo for Garner and the 2 Scotts.  Combined salaries - 2 years would be about £300,000+

Not to be sniffed at.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 10:24:15 »

Probably not.

Fuck knows with Harry. Such an unconventional character. Expectations of him are increased now so if he doesn't hit the ground running next season, we could be in for stormier waters, but as Batch says nobody knows the future - apart from Mystic Meg.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 10:25:29 »

He says he likes wide pitches but all too often we were exposed down the wings by a long cross field ball.
So really what he means is he like a wide pitch for attacking but a narrow fucker to defend.
Unsure if I'm pissed off not bothered or happy, some games were good some were fucking atrocious.
It's Swindon what do we expect, let's get another big name to get us going again.

I suspect we won't be going down the big name route. More likely to be a talented coach from a premier/championship academy side I'd have thought?

reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 10:26:18 »

Probably not.

With the right man in charge I think McKirdy could bag 20 again next year. He gathered goalscoring momentum as the season went on, with 5 league goals before Christmas (plus one in the pizza trophy) and 14 after (plus one vs Man City and two in the play offs). If he hit the ground running he wouldn't have to continue in the same vein as January to April to reach 20 for the year.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 10:32:39 »

Not sure how I feel about this news. On one hand it's worrying that a manager feels the need to jump ship at the first opportunity. Has he been told the budget will be reduced next season? Do we lack ambition? Will our better players leave? On the other, he was a decent coach but a pretty poor manager. The preparations for the play-off games weren't the best, and we were appalling at Vale. A good start and end to the season, but some were calling for his head mid season.

We're Swindon. Always expect the unexpected! Would be nice to temp Flynn down here, or Tisdale perhaps???
« Last Edit: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 10:34:46 by Gnasher » Logged

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 10:34:02 »

Nixon saying it's not done yet.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 10:38:32 »

Not sure how I feel about this news. On one hand it's worrying that a manager feels the need to jump ship at the first opportunity. Has he been told the budget will be reduced next season? Do we lack ambition?

Or more simply a bigger club with a better budget and a higher salary offered him a job.

Its always going to happen at this level, do well and you will have bigger clubs sniffing about, Edwards won the title and immediately left for bigger things, and I suspect that come the play off final being over the managers of Mansfield and PV will be attracting interest from above.

That's life, as it stands we are bottom feeders in the hierarchy and always likley to lose anyone manager or player who is seen as a prospect for higher up the pyramid.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 10:39:52 »

Garner has come out with some absolute shite over the course of the season. Its not quite Luke Williams 3 draws is a win or Paul Hart convincing us he was playing 3 strikers, but some of the stuff he said over the course of the season reminds me why I'm not bothered if he is going.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 10:40:49 »

Unrelated but would just remind everyone what a cunt that Nixon is.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 10:41:01 »

It's gonna be though isn't it or what then? A proportion of the fan base never took to the guy however well we were doing in the table (there were not sarcastic calls for his head even when we were in the play offs), if he doesn't leave now after it being reported that he wants to its going to be bloody toxic!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 10:41:41 »

How many people in life would turn down a job where you probably double your salary and have the possibility of a more successful career  

So, give no fucks
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Thursday, May 26, 2022, 10:42:26 »

So how will Garner be recieved if he doesn't get past the interview? If we're not top by September some people will get real sour on him.

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 203   Go Up
Print
Jump to: