Poll
Question: Would you want Wellens back next season?
Yes - 83 (79.8%)
No - 21 (20.2%)
Total Voters: 96

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Would you want Wellens back next season?  (Read 18326 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Monday, May 10, 2021, 15:26:25 »

Excellent post, just this.
Only thing we need to do is to cover our ass's,  i.e. to make sure that there is a decent sized 'getaway ' compensation clause in the contract should any future manager prove to be another Hoddle/PDC.
...and someone as owner who is not going to pocket the compo for himself! (allegedly, m'lud!)

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Monday, May 10, 2021, 19:42:12 »

I'm not actively seeking for him to come back but I'd be happy if he did.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Monday, May 10, 2021, 22:53:46 »

"No".

But when I see who we actually do appoint, then probably "Yes"
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #93 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 09:30:22 »

Comments like this make me laugh. What makes you think Scott Parker is thick? How well do you know him, beyond token soundbites in post-match pressers?
See there you go instantly attacking all my posts that are my opinion, fine we know you never agree with me so why keep pointing out my posts?

RobT has more often had a go at him but you don't have a go at him.

I have met Parker 2 times in person face to face I don't even watch the Premier League now or listen to any interviews and don't think I have heard one "post match presser from him ever as I am interested in nothing other than Swindon Town Football Club.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Panda Paws

« Reply #94 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 09:38:53 »

See there you go instantly attacking all my posts that are my opinion, fine we know you never agree with me so why keep pointing out my posts?

RobT has more often had a go at him but you don't have a go at him.

I have met Parker 2 times in person face to face I don't even watch the Premier League now or listen to any interviews and don't think I have heard one "post match presser from him ever as I am interested in nothing other than Swindon Town Football Club.

Calm down mate - it's hardly an all-out attack on your character. I just find it strange when a) people say a certain footballer is thick when they know nothing about them and b) who cares what his IQ is.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 09:53:08 »

Overwhelming support for Wellens on the poll so wonder how he would compare against Fowler

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman

« Reply #96 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 09:54:09 »

Calm down mate - it's hardly an all-out attack on your character. I just find it strange when a) people say a certain footballer is thick when they know nothing about them and b) who cares what his IQ is.

The thing is he really didn't come accross as a great "thinker" thats not his accent it was just how he was.

Admitedly not many managers, certainly British one, ever seem to be eloquent and learned like the foreign managers even if they are decent coaches, look at Joey Barton.

Maybe its time we got our 3rd foreign manager in as they all seem to want it more in management whereas any of the more intelligent ex pros seem to go onto being an agent.

Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 09:57:50 »

Overwhelming support for Wellens on the poll so wonder how he would compare against Fowler

Wellens before Fowler every day for me.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 10:02:53 »

Same here plus he would hit the ground running knowing all about league 2

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 10:23:20 »

Quote from: Riddick
Wellens before Fowler every day for me.

yeah
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 11:42:42 »

No brainer    totally
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 11:58:27 »

I guess this is a good example for those upset with Wellens "loyalty" comments as you should be careful what you wish for.  Take all of the emotions and history out of what has gone on with Wellens and you would be hard pushed to find a better candidate for us in league 2 and as a club/community.

Add to that the positives of, he knows the club, knows some of the players, knows the town and knows league 2 and has been successful there.  Now compare that to Robbie Fowler (who could be a great success but is unknown) or somebody of a similar ilk, and I still know where my money would be.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman

« Reply #102 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 11:59:20 »

and I still know where my money would be.
Firmly in your superglued wallet? Cheesy

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 12:05:01 »

Firmly in your superglued wallet? Cheesy

Damn straight...

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 12:06:43 »

Looks like we can close the thread

Nothing to see here
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: