Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: I’ve absolutely no idea what Team will turn up! ‘Wovers’ v the mighty STFC  (Read 27061 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #495 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 13:00:24 »

Just to muddy the Iandalo waters further, I don't think he is suited to the CH role -

Well obviously not, he is a left winger!  Wink Cheesy
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #496 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 13:04:50 »

Well obviously not, he is a left winger!  Wink Cheesy
I think even more than arguing about his position we have to see if his name is Iandolo or Ian Dolo as ever since he has been named that he has played well.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #497 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 13:10:50 »

Ian Atcho at Leicester is playing very well of late as well. Must be something in the name.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #498 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 13:18:28 »

Just to muddy the Iandalo waters further, I don't think he is suited to the CH role - he's been given a pretty easy ride thus far and had a couple of let offs already, but he has played with more comfort in the middle.  His competence in the past two games maybe hints more at being able to develop into a defensive central midfielder.  I agree that it seems to have given him more focus and less worry about positioning by being shoved into the middle.  He has a cracking left foot and has never been shy of the defensive side of the game - it's just he was pretty poor at being in the right place and following players out wide.

I didn't get to see the 2nd half as was having the Covid jab, but the first half suggested we were competently able to handle the opposition, similar to Fleetwood.  It didn't look as good on the eye, but I do think that the addition of Grant in the middle of defence has been the turning point - it may not always be the case, but he brings more control and possession to the team.  With his injury and lack of mobility, playing there is probably better than in a two man midfield as well.  Our biggest issue with playing the long ball so aimlessly has been the way it gives the opposition so much possession to attack us with.  We are by no means 1990 Swindon, but a little bit of control and possession has a big impact on how exposed your defence becomes.  Layer in the other teams have been shit and bingo.

I agree that Iandolo plays well in a 3 if he has a player like Grant next to him, take Grant away from that 3 and I think both Iandolo and Odimayo struggle more.  I think we know that Conroy is possibly the only other player we have that is capable of doing what Grant is doing, but is Conroy as mobile as Grant at the moment?  I don't thnik so.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #499 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 13:28:50 »

Conroy needs to get sorted now and have a few months to fully recover - bit like Grant’s longish lay off. When fit, play him as a Defensive Midfielder.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #500 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 13:28:53 »

I agree that Iandolo plays well in a 3 if he has a player like Grant next to him, take Grant away from that 3 and I think both Iandolo and Odimayo struggle more.  I think we know that Conroy is possibly the only other player we have that is capable of doing what Grant is doing, but is Conroy as mobile as Grant at the moment?  I don't thnik so.

I expect Camps voice is helping too.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #501 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 13:43:56 »

ooooh matron
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #502 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 13:53:29 »

Without doubt - take the experience away from the defensive unit and I think we see a different Iandolo and Odimayo

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #503 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 13:54:26 »

Grin

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #504 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 14:57:20 »

ooooh matron
Every time I hear the name "Camp" I hear it said in a Kenneth Williams voice!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #505 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 15:06:08 »

Just to muddy the Iandalo waters further, I don't think he is suited to the CH role - he's been given a pretty easy ride thus far and had a couple of let offs already, but he has played with more comfort in the middle.  His competence in the past two games maybe hints more at being able to develop into a defensive central midfielder.

I mentioned this a while back and a few pages back. I don't think it was met with any agreement (shock). Always thought he'd develop into a DCM or LCM. As he always looked to come in field when played higher up on the left. I also think Conroy would make a decent DCM too.

If he helps get Town above the dotted line for the rest of the season at LCB/CB then that'll do but I don't want to rely on him as a CB for next season. I'd like to see him played in front and to the left of Grant during next preseason and early cup match(es). Just to see how he gets on. He has a decent calculated pass on him too so could be a great linking pin to someone like Twine. Oh and bring Conroy back into CB, he needs to develop there b ut let him focus on the role of CB and leave the captaincy to someone else.

Oh and DV Canio, it's Kameron Fourthwater who is our third best player - obviously  Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #506 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 15:08:31 »

I think even more than arguing about his position we have to see if his name is Iandolo or Ian Dolo as ever since he has been named that he has played well.

Or even "Landolo" which I've seen a few times  Doh Just reminds me of some kind of hybrid of the Star Wars fella Lando Calrissian and Han Solo...

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #507 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 15:12:58 »

Ian Atcho at Leicester is playing very well of late as well. Must be something in the name.

Yes but he can't play on a freshly cut pitch. The grass pollen is horrific for him.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #508 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 15:17:07 »

Especially with the pink kit

I come from a land down-under
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #509 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 16:16:21 »

Just need a player called Sid James.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: