Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: I’ve absolutely no idea what Team will turn up! ‘Wovers’ v the mighty STFC  (Read 27277 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #480 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 11:05:47 »

I just think he's one of those players like Milner in that he's comfortable wherever you put him. I quite liked him at left back and if I had to play him I'd personally put him there. He was playing really well there last season when he had a run in the team.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #481 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 11:42:12 »

Squabble aside - i do find it amusing that early on in the season we were all bemused by the amount of CB's on the books, and now (early days) we seemed to have stumbled on (or found by genius) a promising formation and partnership that doesn't include any of them (or 1 of them if you were classing Odimayo as one of our raft of CB's at the time)

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #482 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 11:46:51 »

Back to the game....

As always the views of the losing oppositions fans on their forum.

Long balls all evening. Just been hit and hope. We are clueless

I think this more or less confirms our fate

The ref is an absolute joke, he’s buying everything Swindon do. This is honestly the most depressing game I have ever watched. The most gutless side I’ve ever seen. There is just no way back from this.

A lively substitute, if only we had one of those!

I didn't think it could get worse than being a division below Yeovil.
Likely we'll be a league below Forest Green next year.
Let that sink in.

The club deserves to be relegated ... it’s dire from top to bottom. In a massive two must win games we have been pretty woeful .. we could well go down as the bottom side and probably deserve it.

Genuine question to those who were adamant that JB and only JB would keep us up after his appointment.
Can I have some of what you were smoking please because I am in dire need for some optimism right now?

The most disgusting and shameful team of gutless, useless, inept wasters I've had the misfortune of watching. A total embarrassment.

Can't score.... Apparently Swindon the team with the worst away record....

The difference there was they wanted it more and won more 50/50s the only goal of the game being case point.

First time I've watched the Gas since we beat Pompey. Tonight, outplayed,outclassed,outrun, out of league one. No excuses Barton. You have done nothing.

That is the biggest load of b---ks. We are definitely down now if we can't beat a useless Swindon side.

Ref should be banned from reffing another game

Dreadful, never looked liked scoring....again!
We are going down that's for sure.

We will be relegated as we can't score goals and can't beat extremely poor teams like Swindon who have managed somehow to beat us twice. Yes the ref has cost us tonight as that Was never offside but in general are play is not convincing it looks good until we get into the final third and then it goes nowhere.

Irrespective of the disallowed goal we have been beaten twice by Swindon and they have just won two away games on the trot without conceding.
They are clearly better than us and although I have been hoping we can avoid going down, I have now accepted we are down and out!

As I said last week, I will be genuinely surprised if we don't finish bottom.

Referee disallowed a perfectly good goal. There is a big bias against us.

There is no bias, that's just something people say when clutching at straws for why we keep losing. We keep losing because we are sh**e. No other reason.

The ifollow commentary with Rodman felt a bit like watching a gratuitous sex scene with your gran in the room. Everyone can see someone's going down but no one wants to mention it.

Can't complain about the result Swindon always looked more dangerous and to be fair a point was no use to us tonight..

The goal was offside because Ayunga was in an offside position and the shot touched him as it went in

Ayunga was onside, Hanlan was the player offside.

We had control of that game in midfield in the first half but we lacked a cutting edge.

As for the two strikers even if they are still trying now and Swindon have gone home we won't score!

Amazing to think Swindon lost three of their better players in Kieron Freeman, Diallang Jaiyesimi and Matt Smith during January and still managed to beat us.

The officials certainly seemed to favour Swindon on both days. As well as disallowing a good goal, the ref topped it off, by only adding on 3 minutes at the end. They took about that long, to decide to disallow the goal. Plus Swindon were time wasting. Probably wouldn’t have scored anyway. But not sure how he decided to only add on 3 minutes. Maybe Swindon said they would struggle to get home, if the game went on any longer

Noticed that muppet Swindon manager John Sheridan speaking to the local press he said if they had scored that goal he would expect it to be disallowed what a load of old cobblers

The Gas heads went down and the Swindon had a huge psychological lift. We were awful for the remainder of the game and there should be no excuses but the fact remains that the disallowed goal changed the course of the game

Even Swindon, one of the worst teams I've seen in a while, are capable of beating us without even looking like they tried that hard to do it.

How such a poor side has beaten us twice shows how poor we are.

Swindon 4/10. Only 4 but far better than us.

Swindon 3/10 poor team, we were poorer.

Swindon 4.5/10 better than us but going down with us.

Swindon  6/10 Crap team but defended very well eg the last Ditch tackle on hanlan. Beaten us twice so how bad must we be.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #483 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 11:53:25 »

On the topic of converted CBs, I remember a certain Alan McCormack having to play in defence due to injuries. He turned out to be a revelation and stayed there for the rest of the season.

If my memory serves me right, PDC was doing 'OK' up until then but not great.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #484 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 12:02:15 »

On the topic of converted CBs, I remember a certain Alan McCormack having to play in defence due to injuries. He turned out to be a revelation and stayed there for the rest of the season.

If my memory serves me right, PDC was doing 'OK' up until then but not great.
And he ended up POTY that season too, for a player only 5'7" he was excellent alongside Flint.

Andy Rowland converted from CF to a good CB under Trollope, ironically replaced up front by Jimmy Quinn who started his career as a CB.

REDBUCK

« Reply #485 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 12:04:59 »

Its not like managers haven't struggled to find his "best" position

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/15788050.david-flitcroft-praises-versatility-of-swindon-
towns-ellis-iandolo/

He had been good as CB in the last 2 games, and whether or not that is his long term future, may it continue to work until the end of the season.

As always the reaction sways from shit to brilliant never anywhere in between. Lets see when he gets to play against a wider variety of CF. He's had a non existent one and a non league lump so far and coped ok. Maybe playing CH helps him concentrate, improves his position sense, he's happier only having one job to do.  I always thought he had some aerial ability and a good left foot.

Fingers crossed he's a natural at CH, it'll be an interesting watch.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #486 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 12:05:35 »

the Rovers fans showing most footy fans are the same.

2 games ago I was sure we were down. Now we have a fighting chance and optimism
Peter Venkman

« Reply #487 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 12:06:30 »

the Rovers fans showing most footy fans are the same.

2 games ago I was sure we were down. Now we have a fighting chance and optimism
Absolutely this.

bathford

Ignore
« Reply #488 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 12:20:43 »

Logic - in his own words, he is a LB. 5 managers in a row have seen him every day and say he is a LB. Most of his recent appearances have been as a LB (of sorts). He is therefore, by definition, a LB.

You might think he has attributes that are more suited to him being a LM. Fine. But by definition, he is a LB.

And this is a huge waste of time.

Quite honestly, I don’t care if he’s left wing, right wing, centralist or Green Party.

He can be Spanish, Polish, Finnish or Moorish if he is so inclined.

As long as he’s doing the job he’s paid to do, with some success. I don’t care what he is.

End of!

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #489 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 12:32:12 »

My favourite comment is about how Kevin Freemason, whom we lost in January was one of our top 3 players.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #490 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 12:37:22 »

Odimayo is definitely one bright spark in a relatively frustrating season.
Not the finished article but has all the attributes to becoming a very decent lower league footballer and who knows if he continues to improve where his level could be.
Really hope we don’t sell him as would like to see him develop with us.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #491 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 12:42:23 »

Just to muddy the Iandalo waters further, I don't think he is suited to the CH role - he's been given a pretty easy ride thus far and had a couple of let offs already, but he has played with more comfort in the middle.  His competence in the past two games maybe hints more at being able to develop into a defensive central midfielder.  I agree that it seems to have given him more focus and less worry about positioning by being shoved into the middle.  He has a cracking left foot and has never been shy of the defensive side of the game - it's just he was pretty poor at being in the right place and following players out wide.

I didn't get to see the 2nd half as was having the Covid jab, but the first half suggested we were competently able to handle the opposition, similar to Fleetwood.  It didn't look as good on the eye, but I do think that the addition of Grant in the middle of defence has been the turning point - it may not always be the case, but he brings more control and possession to the team.  With his injury and lack of mobility, playing there is probably better than in a two man midfield as well.  Our biggest issue with playing the long ball so aimlessly has been the way it gives the opposition so much possession to attack us with.  We are by no means 1990 Swindon, but a little bit of control and possession has a big impact on how exposed your defence becomes.  Layer in the other teams have been shit and bingo.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 12:50:09 by RobertT » Logged
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #492 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 12:48:08 »

Maybe Sheridactyl’s thinking re hoofball is that if we aren’t in possession of the ball we can’t make a complete fuck up and lose a goal - the opposition will have to create something instead of getting a gift from us.

Be interesting to see how this new found ‘shape/team’ fares against Blackpool and Posh in the next few games.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #493 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 12:52:27 »

Squabble aside - i do find it amusing that early on in the season we were all bemused by the amount of CB's on the books, and now (early days) we seemed to have stumbled on (or found by genius) a promising formation and partnership that doesn't include any of them (or 1 of them if you were classing Odimayo as one of our raft of CB's at the time)

What’s the state of play with Baudry?

I notice he’s under contract for next season..
Peter Venkman

« Reply #494 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 12:53:28 »

Odimayo is definitely one bright spark in a relatively frustrating season.
Not the finished article but has all the attributes to becoming a very decent lower league footballer and who knows if he continues to improve where his level could be.
Really hope we don’t sell him as would like to see him develop with us.
He is a very good signing, can play right back, centre back, has pace, can tackle and head the ball, he has all the physical attributes.

If he carries on improving and gets a good run in the team I think he could be at least as good as Sean Morrison, hes already faster and a better passer.

I hope we tie him down to a 3 year contract asap.

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: