Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: I don’t care who we’re playing 2-0 to them. Fleetwood v ‘The Doomed’  (Read 27402 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: Monday, March 22, 2021, 09:24:46 »

Ah I must have misinterpreted, I thought he was saying that Northampton and Crewe were good performances, which they definitely weren’t.
God no!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: Monday, March 22, 2021, 11:29:25 »

Well what a refreshing feeling come 5pm on Saturday. At 2pm when I saw the lineup, like others it seemed like the selection had been made somewhat randomly with a back 3 containing no actual centre backs.

However the performance was measured, controlled and from start to finish we were the better side. Fleetwood had plenty of ball but never actually looked threatening, aside from when A.Grant made the one error that was nearly punished and the post saved us. We looked confident on the ball and actually looked really dangerous whenever we went forward. And we seemed fluid as well, one minute Odimayo would gallop forwards, and then it would be Caddis in an advanced position, to be honest I don't think Fleetwood had any idea what we were doing, it was all a bit 'nobody expects the Spanish inquisition'!!

It almost looked like the players had been sat down in a room and a plan of what we were going to do had been agreed on and the plan properly executed. Fair play to the players and JS, but one swallow doesn't make a summer (it does make a good evening mind you!) and we HAVE to back it up at the Memorial Ground tomorrow night.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: Monday, March 22, 2021, 11:42:36 »

I suppose the selection was the result of Sheridactyl’s decision to try and get out of the shit by attacking. Which is fair enough, but I would have thought that that was pretty obvious months ago when it was apparent we couldn’t  defend for toffee.

Having 2 ball playing CBs in Grant and Ian Dolo certainly promotes that decision but it remains to be seen how that works now future opponents will have sussed it.

It seems Conroy and Broadbent have borne the brunt of Sheridactyl’s brain fart but at least 1 and maybe both should be on the bench, just in case.

It’s a mighty week with Rovers followed by Rochdale on Saturday. Come out of those 2 unscathed and I might, might, start to hope.
STFC_Gazza

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: Monday, March 22, 2021, 12:00:15 »

I suppose the selection was the result of Sheridactyl’s decision to try and get out of the shit by attacking. Which is fair enough, but I would have thought that that was pretty obvious months ago when it was apparent we couldn’t  defend for toffee.

Having 2 ball playing CBs in Grant and Ian Dolo certainly promotes that decision but it remains to be seen how that works now future opponents will have sussed it.

It seems Conroy and Broadbent have borne the brunt of Sheridactyl’s brain fart but at least 1 and maybe both should be on the bench, just in case.

It’s a mighty week with Rovers followed by Rochdale on Saturday. Come out of those 2 unscathed and I might, might, start to hope.

Rochdale is off next Saturday due to International callup for Rochdale, rearranged for 13th April at 7pm

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2021/march/rochdale-fixture-change/

Still a big game tomorrow, plus we play Rochadale, Wimbledon and Wigan away so three other 6 pointers
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: Monday, March 22, 2021, 12:22:21 »

Rochdale is off next Saturday due to International callup for Rochdale, rearranged for 13th April at 7pm

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2021/march/rochdale-fixture-change/

Still a big game tomorrow, plus we play Rochadale, Wimbledon and Wigan away so three other 6 pointers

Looking at the Rochdale squad, not sure how they have managed to get enough call ups to warrant a postponement?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: Monday, March 22, 2021, 12:26:12 »

Looking at the Rochdale squad, not sure how they have managed to get enough call ups to warrant a postponement?
2 Irish U21 and 1 Wales U21 by the looks of it.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: Monday, March 22, 2021, 20:51:07 »

That shouldn't warrant cancelling a game

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: