Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: I’ve absolutely no idea what Team will turn up! ‘Wovers’ v the mighty STFC  (Read 27077 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #465 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 10:36:59 »

Not in a LB position, no. But as a CB, yes.

I don't get it, but that's how it appears to me.
Again this for me. He has never previously shown any heading ability or tackling ability yet has shown an abundance of that in the last 2 games. He is a paradox.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Panda Paws

« Reply #466 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 10:37:39 »

Or E: Where they perform best?

Which, for Iandolo, has not been at LB.

Sweet. Tom Broadbent's a striker.

When did Iandolo last play well (or at all?) as a LW?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #467 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 10:40:56 »

Alternatively when did he last play well as a left back?

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 10:45:06 »

Has anyone considered that Ian Dolo would make a decent Right Winger?

I'm jesting of course. His aerial ability has surprised me a bit, he has made some excellent interventions over the last 2 games (one ridiculously bad defensive header aside) but has also been solid enough wherever has has been played. It is helpful to have a 'utility' player that can be asked to play in unfamiliar positions when needed. Not quite Niclas Alexandersson from the early Champ Manager series, but adept in a few positions.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Panda Paws

« Reply #469 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 10:46:07 »

Alternatively when did he last play well as a left back?

So you don't think he's a good LB, but agree he's a LB. Great.

This is a dull, and we'll never agree because there is zero logic to anything you're saying. Time to return to lurking for a bit for me I think.
Flashheart

« Reply #470 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 10:46:18 »

He could be if he's good enough in that position, but I think most would agree that he's a better defender despite a nutty 15 minutes against Oxford.

I think that would probably be the last time he was played in that position.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 10:48:41 »

Again this for me. He has never previously shown any heading ability or tackling ability yet has shown an abundance of that in the last 2 games. He is a paradox.
is that Left Paradox, Right paradox or a Centre paradox?
Flashheart

« Reply #472 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 10:49:12 »

and we'll never agree because there is zero logic to anything you're saying.

We could say the same about somebody insisting on him being a LB despite him playing better in other positions.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #473 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 10:51:04 »

So you don't think he's a good LB, but agree he's a LB. Great.

This is a dull, and we'll never agree because there is zero logic to anything you're saying. Time to return to lurking for a bit for me I think.

I have never rated him at LB and no I have never agreed he is a a LB where did you get that from?

I don't think he is a LB or LWB, never have never will.

Just because a player thinks his best position is a certain position does not make him good in that position, Kovar thinks his best position is in goal, it blatantly isn't, Jordan Stevens thinks his best position is centre midfield, it blatantly isn't....etc etc.

On evidence with my own eyes I do not think he is a good LB, I have however seen with my own eyes that he makes a decent LCB which I give him huge credit for.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #474 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 10:52:19 »

Fuck sake, we have a couple of wins and now we have some scrapping and a flounce.....  Roll Eyes

Whatever the ins and outs, there is something very Swindon about the solution to our defensive woes possibly being sacking off all our centre halves and putting a midfielder and a LB/LWB/LW there!

Perhaps in years to come Iandolo's autobiography will credit Sheridan with changing his career!
« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 10:54:48 by horlock07 » Logged
Panda Paws

« Reply #475 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 10:53:32 »

We could say the same about somebody insisting on him being a LB despite him playing better in other positions.

Logic - in his own words, he is a LB. 5 managers in a row have seen him every day and say he is a LB. Most of his recent appearances have been as a LB (of sorts). He is therefore, by definition, a LB.

You might think he has attributes that are more suited to him being a LM. Fine. But by definition, he is a LB.

And this is a huge waste of time.
Jilted John

Ignore
« Reply #476 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 10:57:22 »

Yet here we are and its just you saying he is a LB, you are on your own with that.

FWIW Iandolo did far better at CB than he has done at LB in his Swindon career, well done him.

We're not really violent people... this is our first gun.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 10:59:07 »

Logic - in his own words, he is a LB. 5 managers in a row have seen him every day and say he is a LB. Most of his recent appearances have been as a LB (of sorts). He is therefore, by definition, a LB.

You might think he has attributes that are more suited to him being a LM. Fine. But by definition, he is a LB.

God knows how many managers thought Pook was a L1 standard central midfielder - he wasn’t in anyway shape of form.

My opinion Iandolo is suited to LWB and wasn’t entirely sure what he thought his position was.
He made it quite clear in his post match interview on Saturday he considers himself a left back.
Flashheart

« Reply #478 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 11:00:32 »

But by definition, he is a LB.

According to who? Since when was your opinion objective? I could have sworn he was a CB for the last 2 games. A pretty good one at that. We should be sure to tell El Shez not to play him there because he's a LB (by definition)

Maybe, but I find the reaction at having an opinion challenged to be a tad interesting.

*Edit. Just to clarify, I meant to say he's more of a LWB than a LB. But the point remains.

« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 11:05:16 by Flashheart » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 11:01:32 »

Its not like managers haven't struggled to find his "best" position

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/15788050.david-flitcroft-praises-versatility-of-swindon-
towns-ellis-iandolo/

He had been good as CB in the last 2 games, and whether or not that is his long term future, may it continue to work until the end of the season.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 11:03:08 by Batch » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: