Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Can we actually do the double over this lot. STFC v oxford  (Read 33946 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #570 on: Tuesday, March 9, 2021, 23:44:14 »

I see the Adver reporter is banned from asking questions at press conferences now due to letting people know about the fight at the weekend. We really are in a death spiral...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #571 on: Tuesday, March 9, 2021, 23:44:54 »

I see the Adver reporter is banned from asking questions at press conferences now due to letting people know about the fight at the weekend. We really are in a death spiral...
Just when you thought that fucking shithouse Sheridan couldn't make our club look any more tinpot....
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #572 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 00:00:49 »

Considering how much was made over the last few years about the club connecting with the fans. Makes you wonder where that stands now.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #573 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 00:10:23 »

As a Swindon boy at heart I do wonder how Mildenhall can sit on the coaching staff alongside these 2 dinosaurs!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #574 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 00:13:49 »

Considering how much was made over the last few years about the club connecting with the fans. Makes you wonder where that stands now.
The people who meant it don't have any power; the people with the power never cared about it
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #575 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 00:19:16 »

What the fight that never happened or no one was interested in and we've all moved on from ??.  Strange.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #576 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 00:22:28 »

Having heard Sheridan's sideline musings against Portsmouth, the substitutions seem well within his character.  In a footballing sense, the bloke is intellectually devoid.

On Conroy, isn't he playing through another injury?

It was mentioned by others, I feel sorry for the players.  Conroy obviously fancies himself as a bit of a lower league Hoddle, nothing wrong with that when it comes off, but every time he receives the ball his instinct now is to lump it forwards quickly.  That is not his natural game, so it's being driven into them on the Training pitch.  Same goes for Caddis - his asset has always been a cracking cross and good touch going forward - he is also now just whipping it up the line as quick as possible.  Doing as told because we know what his natural game looks like.

That's the tell for me about the Management teams BS around players not doing what they have been asked to do.  Two players are showing that they have been told to play a certain way.  The fact it is not their natural game means they won't be as good at it.  Then you have a diminutive forward line and midfield being asked to chase after long balls played to nobody in particular.  Again, Palmer and Payne, for all their shortcomings, are tricky little players.  They are not the type of player you pop into central midfields made for cloggers.  The pair look utterly lost and bereft of confidence whenever they do get the ball in space now.

Garrick, who I give stick, is being asked to play back to goal - you can see it because we are not playing balls down the channels with the aim of a player running onto them, or slide rule passes behind the full back or creating space out wide.  If he offers anything it is certainly not holding a ball up and asking him to keep getting the ball under control from the sky, turn a defender and then outpace them is asking far too much.  Play to his strength.

Pitman's only real asset is in and around the box, yet we ask him to play as Duncan Ferguson.

What fucking hope have they all got.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #577 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 00:36:54 »

Spot on Rob. You only have to look at how Johnny Smith is flying now at Burton after struggling here to see where the problem lies. It's not the players
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #578 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 01:07:53 »

Fucking pathetic
stfcjack

The Swindon lot don't seem to respect you

Ignore
« Reply #579 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 09:23:04 »

Has he been sacked yet...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #580 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 10:28:42 »

I've no clue about tactics in general (but it seems you don't really need to be in this game at the moment) but given how much joy Garrick was getting on the right, would it be prudent to give 3 up top a go with Omotoye and Garrick wide and BP in the centre, at least at home. Get the line higher, let Conroy dictate play out of defence through midfield etc. I'm sure this probably leaves the side unbalanced but on our pudding of a pitch surely visiting defences hate pace so why not try and play to these strengths? We are having a pathetic amount of posession at home, that has to change.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.

Ignore
« Reply #581 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 10:29:18 »

As much as I want Sheridan gone, he isn't to blame for players not being able to control a football. It took them half hour to start doing that.
We have some pretty shitty players wearing the shirt to be frank. The biggest problem is definitely the strikers or lack of them. A one paced sloth up top on his own is a waste of time, especially if the ball isn't sticking to him when he actually touches it.
Oxford are a poor side too but their energy going forwards was the difference. Their keeper was dodgy and we could have exploited that by firing balls over top and crosses into the box but didn't really do that until it was too late. Garrick did ok but is a one trick pony who the pox wised up to. We had nothing else. Painful to watch overall.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #582 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 10:32:39 »

As much as it is hugely disappointing losing to our local rivals, we have 4 or 5 "six pointers" coming up which are more important to win.

(Admittedly they might not be six pointers by the time we play them)

This is my coping mechanism and I will stand by it whole-heartedly.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #583 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 10:46:08 »

Painful listen.

Subs at the end an insult to all.

2:1 flattered us after they fluffed chance after chance.

Everything is a mess....is there one aspect of the club thats working.

If the fans were there he would of been gone by now for sure.

Im planning for Harrogate...fingers crossed we are still going.

Dogshit.

Clems Army!
Moss

Ignore
« Reply #584 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 11:49:11 »

As much as it is hugely disappointing losing to our local rivals, we have 4 or 5 "six pointers" coming up which are more important to win.

(Admittedly they might not be six pointers by the time we play them)

This is my coping mechanism and I will stand by it whole-heartedly.

This ^ A couple of wins from those 6 pointers and things may look very different...
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42   Go Up
Print
Jump to: