Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Can we actually do the double over this lot. STFC v oxford  (Read 33941 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #585 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 12:11:38 »

I've no clue about tactics in general (but it seems you don't really need to be in this game at the moment) but given how much joy Garrick was getting on the right, would it be prudent to give 3 up top a go with Omotoye and Garrick wide and BP in the centre, at least at home. Get the line higher, let Conroy dictate play out of defence through midfield etc. I'm sure this probably leaves the side unbalanced but on our pudding of a pitch surely visiting defences hate pace so why not try and play to these strengths? We are having a pathetic amount of posession at home, that has to change.

Because Sheridan sets out to not lose, rather than to win. If it were effective and we won loads of games 1-0 I wouldn't care, but it's not.

If we asked the current lot to try and start playing football again instead of hoofing it forward, I'm not convinced they'd be able to do it. At least with Sheridan in charge anyway.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #586 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 12:25:12 »

Ref Conroy I think we have to remember he has returned from a very long layoff and you would expect 2 games a week will catch up with him, he's had no pre-season, as soon as he was 'fit' he was thrown straight in, no friendly games to work on fitness etc.

Sheridan does that with all players though coming back from injury, he throws them straight in as soon as they are fit 2 games a week.....

TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #587 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 12:29:55 »

Having heard Sheridan's sideline musings against Portsmouth, the substitutions seem well within his character.  In a footballing sense, the bloke is intellectually devoid.

On Conroy, isn't he playing through another injury?

It was mentioned by others, I feel sorry for the players.  Conroy obviously fancies himself as a bit of a lower league Hoddle, nothing wrong with that when it comes off, but every time he receives the ball his instinct now is to lump it forwards quickly.  That is not his natural game, so it's being driven into them on the Training pitch.  Same goes for Caddis - his asset has always been a cracking cross and good touch going forward - he is also now just whipping it up the line as quick as possible.  Doing as told because we know what his natural game looks like.

That's the tell for me about the Management teams BS around players not doing what they have been asked to do.  Two players are showing that they have been told to play a certain way.  The fact it is not their natural game means they won't be as good at it.  Then you have a diminutive forward line and midfield being asked to chase after long balls played to nobody in particular.  Again, Palmer and Payne, for all their shortcomings, are tricky little players.  They are not the type of player you pop into central midfields made for cloggers.  The pair look utterly lost and bereft of confidence whenever they do get the ball in space now.

Garrick, who I give stick, is being asked to play back to goal - you can see it because we are not playing balls down the channels with the aim of a player running onto them, or slide rule passes behind the full back or creating space out wide.  If he offers anything it is certainly not holding a ball up and asking him to keep getting the ball under control from the sky, turn a defender and then outpace them is asking far too much.  Play to his strength.

Brett, Brett, Brett, Brett Pitman, Brett Pitman's only real asset is in and around the box, yet we ask him to play as Duncan Ferguson.

What fucking hope have they all got.

Cracking post that.

We are set up all wrong. Starting with Pitman, he is done. Can’t run so what does the dinosaur do sticks him up front, centrally.
Every team, the defenders simply walk out with the ball, no threat, no closure nothing.
Just a simple walk and then confronted by a light weight midfield that struggle to win the midfield battle.
Our defence get exposed because we don’t defend as a unit, then the defence are screamed at to go direct and long.
Sheridan is a fucking disgrace the way he sets us up at home, we try and feed off scraps, knock downs and a threat from a Twine free kick. We offer absolutely nothing.

We just never press. So negative to try and set us up not to win a game but all the focus is on not to lose.
It’s bloody painful watching this shite week in and week out.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #588 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 12:35:56 »

Ref Conroy I think we have to remember he has returned from a very long layoff and you would expect 2 games a week will catch up with him, he's had no pre-season, as soon as he was 'fit' he was thrown straight in, no friendly games to work on fitness etc.

Sheridan does that with all players though coming back from injury, he throws them straight in as soon as they are fit 2 games a week.....

Spot on, no pre season and needs a minor op from the compensatory knee injury (not serious just a few weeks and painful). The constant player bullying is helping no one.
The style that Sheridan is adopting not helping either.

The impact of Grant a crumb of comfort a small taste of what’s been missing.
All a little too late.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #589 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 12:36:42 »

Apart from Grant
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #590 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 12:38:09 »

Apart from Grant

Whose was never injured, remember...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #591 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 12:43:58 »

Apart from Grant

And last nights cameo showed that he was wrong - does he have the balls to put him in from the start on Saturday?  I saw plenty of people writing Grant off and saying his legs were gone after playing pretty much every minute of the first half of the season, with a well reported injury and having no support alongside him as he had ball playing forward thinking midfielders in there with him.

Grant vs Palmer are chalk and cheese - yet a lot of people were clamouring for Grant to be dropped and Palmer to come straight in.  This is what we got and this is where we are.  

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #592 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 13:55:11 »

And last nights cameo showed that he was wrong - does he have the balls to put him in from the start on Saturday?  I saw plenty of people writing Grant off and saying his legs were gone after playing pretty much every minute of the first half of the season, with a well reported injury and having no support alongside him as he had ball playing forward thinking midfielders in there with him.

Grant vs Palmer are chalk and cheese - yet a lot of people were clamouring for Grant to be dropped and Palmer to come straight in.  This is what we got and this is where we are.  
Grant didn't look up to the mark, early season.  You could still see the quality (as we can with Caddis, Conroy etc) but it was a long way off what he had contibuted previously and, to an extent, a liability.

It was great to see him back to last season's form on last night's showing.  Simple and accurate passing, tackling and winning free kicks including the penalty.  Can he keep it up?  Will he even be selected again?
« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 13:56:44 by RedRag » Logged
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #593 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 14:34:15 »

CLUB STATEMENT!

... Whinging about the Adver. FFS lads.

Further to this afternoon's media report in the Swindon Advertiser stating that “Swindon Advertiser banned from asking questions at Swindon Town press conferences”, we would like to confirm that this story is incorrect.

Despite not receiving any communication from the Swindon Advertiser, as a local media outlet, regarding any possible issue, we have taken it upon ourselves to make contact with the Editor to set out the Club's position.

We look forward to receiving a public apology from the Swindon Advertiser regarding this story in due course.

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #594 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 14:36:23 »

Hahahaha that is golden
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #595 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 14:37:55 »

Tinpot
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #596 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 14:39:47 »

Who on earth wrote that statement, Sheridan?

I come from a land down-under
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #597 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 14:40:25 »

CLUB STATEMENT!

... Whinging about the Adver. FFS lads.

When you're in that hole, of your own making, everyone knows by far and away the best way of dealing with it is to keep digging. Preferably while shooting your own feet.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #598 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 14:42:44 »

Who on earth wrote that statement, Sheridan?
I sincerely hope it's not the new media guy. That's barely literate.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #599 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 14:46:56 »

soapy tit wank. that's more pathetic than an 87th minute double defensive  substitution when 2-0 down.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42   Go Up
Print
Jump to: