Pages: 1 ... 610 611 612 [613] 614 615 616 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1188650 times)
china red

« Reply #9180 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2022, 10:54:49 »

Two positive last flow tests this morning, feeling a bit rough, waiting for pcr result but 99% sure I have covid. Other than the Northampton game I have been nowhere so that I wouldn’t catch covid and miss the city game!!!, gutted!
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #9181 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2022, 11:00:00 »

Two positive last flow tests this morning, feeling a bit rough, waiting for pcr result but 99% sure I have covid. Other than the Northampton game I have been nowhere so that I wouldn’t catch covid and miss the city game!!!, gutted!

Oh no...

Can I have your ticket please? Cheesy
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9182 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2022, 11:29:18 »

Quote from: china red

bummer. not much more you could have done
china red

« Reply #9183 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2022, 13:30:36 »

Yeah there may be a spare ticket, sitting next to Bobs Orange
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #9184 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2022, 13:41:03 »

Did I see the news correctly that the US had over 1 million positive cases reported in a day?

Don’t know if this is new cases or positive results, but that’s a lot of cases
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #9185 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2022, 13:42:42 »

Jayo and BO  Smiley
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #9186 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2022, 15:45:09 »

Sadly the spare has been secured already. I am absolutely gutted for you China Red after taking all the precautions to avoid Covid as well! As I said on Watsapp at least you'll have Liverpool away to look forward to in Round 4!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
china red

« Reply #9187 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2022, 16:11:57 »

I cannot believe you offered to do all the house work for a year to your wife so she would join you and prevent anyone on here sitting next to you  Cheesy
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #9188 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2022, 16:22:02 »

Did I see the news correctly that the US had over 1 million positive cases reported in a day?

Don’t know if this is new cases or positive results, but that’s a lot of cases

Yes, but it's pretty similar to the UK when you adjust for population.  Both world leading (if you just looked at cases)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #9189 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2022, 16:26:38 »

I cannot believe you offered to do all the house work for a year to your wife so she would join you and prevent anyone on here sitting next to you  Cheesy

Clap Kudos!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #9190 on: Thursday, January 6, 2022, 08:43:01 »

Sadly the spare has been secured already.

Fuck you, Gareth!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #9191 on: Thursday, January 6, 2022, 12:38:25 »

So it transpires we have probably had Covid in the house but not known about it. Other half was rough before Christmas and GP suggested she take a PCR, which she did and it came back clear. She slowly got better over Christmas (well more new year really) and is not so bad now although she still has a thumping sore throat and is knackered, so back to the doctors this morning. Long and short Doc cannot see any evidence of a throat infection or anything and has now concluded that she probably has had it but the PCR gave a false negative so who knows - main (only in fact) thing is that she is OK!

On small persons return to school it seems most of the village was isolating over Christmas, but thankfully all seem to be OK.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #9192 on: Thursday, January 6, 2022, 12:53:33 »

False negative rate on PCR is so low as to be unlikely isn't it?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #9193 on: Thursday, January 6, 2022, 13:16:15 »

False negative rate on PCR is so low as to be unlikely isn't it?

Who knows, from the interweb...

'Sensitivity of PCR testing in the real world (taking into consideration the likelihood of the virus getting onto the swab) is only of the order of 70%. It misses (gives false negative results) in about 30% of people who do actually have the virus, and who may be contagious.'

Also worth bearing in mind that its very dependent upon getting the swab right, my missus is very diligent but she was still an amateur sticking a swab down her own throat.

Thing is, both our little lass and I (after she had tested negative) had mild same albeit only for a day or two, and in each case and just put it down to having what she had which as she had tested negtive we assumed was just a crappy cold (LFT's were clear for us all over xmas on the incredibly rare occasions we mixed and that was only with wifes family who seemed similarly coldy and are Ok). Who knows, I do wonder if the kids have spread it around at school as it seems to have rattled through the parents over Christmas!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #9194 on: Thursday, January 6, 2022, 14:56:04 »

Was a bit sniffly while I was in Florida. Decided to get a lateral flow test, which took a few days, and was positive. Got a PCR the next day confirming it, but by that time 5 days had past which the CDC recommends from when symptoms start. The next day had another lateral flow and it was negative, confirmed by another one the day after.

Really strange. My wife was with me the whole time and didn't test positive. I was with 20+ people on Christmas day and only 1 has tested positive since. If it was Omnicron then it was really very mild.
Pages: 1 ... 610 611 612 [613] 614 615 616 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: