Pages: 1 ... 607 608 609 [610] 611 612 613 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1206788 times)
AMayesIng

Ignore
« Reply #9135 on: Thursday, December 23, 2021, 16:58:36 »

Thats shit SR, sorry to hear that. We've also had COVID disruption over Christmas; but at least our family all live in the UK so we can try again at 1/2 term/Easter/whenever. Fingers crossed the news on severity of Omicron continues to be good.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9136 on: Thursday, December 23, 2021, 17:05:29 »

that's shit SR. hope you are asymptomatic or only getting mild symptoms.
SleafordRobin

Ignore
« Reply #9137 on: Thursday, December 23, 2021, 17:20:51 »

that's shit SR. hope you are asymptomatic or only getting mild symptoms.

Bit of a cough, nothing more than you'd asociate with a cold. Wouldn't have done the LFT if it wasn't for friend's message. Christmas has taken meticulous planning & been stressful as fuck for my son & his missus to get here, now in total disarray, but can't afford to risk them catching it.  Sad thing is, he flies home the day I'm out of isolation.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #9138 on: Thursday, December 23, 2021, 17:22:25 »

Bit of a cough, nothing more than you'd asociate with a cold. Wouldn't have done the LFT if it wasn't for friend's message. Christmas has taken meticulous planning & been stressful as fuck for my son & his missus to get here, now in total disarray, but can't afford to risk them catching it.  Sad thing is, he flies home the day I'm out of isolation.
That's shit.   Bad luck mate.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #9139 on: Thursday, December 23, 2021, 17:22:49 »

Sorry to hear of your bad luck SR.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #9140 on: Thursday, December 23, 2021, 17:25:17 »

I mean they're wrong on virtually everything. At this point I'm not sure how they have any credibility left. My personal favourite was when they gave about 6 different options of modeling and we were better than the best case scenario and they still delayed removing restrictions by two weeks.
So, what should we do? Totally disregards experts and listen to experts on Social Media instead?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Hunk

« Reply #9141 on: Friday, December 24, 2021, 02:07:00 »

I’ve noticed that on the daily uk summary the ‘number of people hospitalised’ bit is always a few days behind. Is this because they are struggling to tell the difference between those hospitalised BECAUSE OF Covid v people who are in hospital with something else who happen to have it? That’s the only reason I can think of
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #9142 on: Friday, December 24, 2021, 07:53:32 »

I’ve noticed that on the daily uk summary the ‘number of people hospitalised’ bit is always a few days behind. Is this because they are struggling to tell the difference between those hospitalised BECAUSE OF Covid v people who are in hospital with something else who happen to have it? That’s the only reason I can think of

I don't think they split out the reason people are in hospital. It's because some Nations only update every few days, England normally has it every day apart from the weekend.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #9143 on: Friday, December 24, 2021, 07:58:46 »

The good lady indoors gets COVID so I do a few lateral flows over course of 24 hours (ish) and they are all negative, I feel 100% fine but decide to get PCR anyway, while waiting for PCR result to come back another lateral flow comes back negative. Obviously PCR then comes back positive!!

I’ve now got my serious doubts over accuracy of these home tests, as I feel fine I could have taken the word of the lateral flow and been giving COVID to every fucker I came in contact with!!

Anyway an isolation Xmas will be interesting!  Thankfully I’m not on my own as she also has it and doesn’t need to pack her kids off as long as they continue to lateral flow negative.

Thoughts are with the likes of Sleaford and those who will have to isolate alone, I’ve got somewhat lucky with regards to that
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #9144 on: Friday, December 24, 2021, 09:20:48 »

PCR tests pick up any trace cells of Covid, LFT's don't - they indicate only if it is prominant in your system - so it's hardly surprising the PCR test has picked up cells if you have been living with a somebody that has it. 

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #9145 on: Friday, December 24, 2021, 09:23:02 »

Wife has just tested positive (after being negative earlier in the week).

Looks like we caught it going to get our boosters on Wednesday, fucking great news Sad

Thought the symptoms were the side effects of the booster, cough & cold with a back ache
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #9146 on: Friday, December 24, 2021, 09:37:55 »

They generally don't seem to report it as much but recently they did say on the news that the majority of people in ICU in hospital with Covid are unvaccinated. I think as others have said, the case numbers really need to be taken with a pinch of salt now given so many people are testing.

That said, whilst of course it's fantastic that people being admitted to hospital isn't rising anywhere near case number - if at all, it should be remembered that NHS staff that do test positive will have to isolate and therefore this reduces the amount of staff available in hospitals. Given that hospital admissions remains low I suspect this isn't too much of an issue currently but hopefully that doesn't change.

Politically I actually think the govt have done the right thing by not introducing the restrictions that Scotland and Wales have yet. They appear to be using the known data from South Africa and obviously know that their behaviour which has come to light recently during previous lockdowns means that even if they did introduce measures, many would flaunt them anyway. It's a bit of a gamble I suppose by Boris that if he doesn't bring in restrictions and Omicron doesn't cause the 'havoc' that some predicted, that he will get praised for his reaction.

Finally, all the best to those that have tested positive, I hope you make the very best that you can over Christmas.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #9147 on: Friday, December 24, 2021, 10:14:06 »

Don't think I have seen this elsewhere, but an interesting excerpt from the drongos that 'assaulted' Chris Whitty earlier this year.

"“The law is that I have the right for him to come,” Chew (the defendant) told the court. “I want Chris Whitty there.”

“I suspect I know a bit more about the law than you do,” Goldspring (the judge) replied, explaining that Prof Whitty does not legally have to attend court as the facts of the case had been agreed between the prosecution and defence.

But Chew responded: “You’re getting it all wrong. I’ve been in court. I’ve agreed that Chris Whitty has to be in court.

“I feel like I’m innocent. I’m answering an assault charge which I don’t think I’ve done.”

Goldspring replied: “A remarkable recovery, I might say, from where you were two minutes ago.”

Chew, however, said that he had “diagnosed coronavirus”, adding to the judge: “Are you saying corona is not real now? Feel like what you’re doing now is victimising me. You’re calling me a liar.”

Goldspring said: “Your cavalier approach to the severity of these proceedings is breathtaking.”

“What does cavalier mean?” Chew interjected.

Now, I am no expert on the law, but trying to be clever with a judge is unlikely to be helpful. Hope the silly dick gets a prison sentence.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #9148 on: Friday, December 24, 2021, 10:50:38 »

Is he defending himself? If he has a brief surely he’s explained to him what the situation is.

Chew? 
STFC no2 fan

« Reply #9149 on: Friday, December 24, 2021, 11:46:01 »

All this moaning from Prem managers and footballers about having to play games slightly injured/tired….their egos are out of control and they don’t seem to appreciate that their jobs are totally non-essential in the grander scheme of things and purely dependent on people paying to see them play, be that on TV or in person.
Pages: 1 ... 607 608 609 [610] 611 612 613 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: