Pages: 1 ... 583 584 585 [586] 587 588 589 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1188822 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #8775 on: Sunday, December 5, 2021, 16:43:16 »

That's why I'm amazed lots Asda shop floor workers weren't wearing them yesterday considering how many shoppers they get close to.

So, give no fucks
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #8776 on: Sunday, December 5, 2021, 21:54:26 »

It’s a false argument. The mask rules are never meant to be 100% effective at stopping the spread. But if you enforce them in certain high volume situations (which are also essentials for some), then you apply some level of restriction which may work to slow any spread to a degree. Some impact being seen as better than no impact
Problem is who or how do we enforce them ?.   Went to Cribbs Causeway yesterday,  probably at least 95% of older people wore masks and behaved properly and respectfully, but the younger generation, probably under 20's I would estimate less than 70% were taking any notice at all and were just carrying on as though the virus didn't exist.  Until someone is able to enforce the wearing of masks think I'll be staying away from major shopping malls.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #8777 on: Sunday, December 5, 2021, 22:58:50 »

apologies if discussed on here before but I think there are some frequent travellers on here.

iv been looking into a short Norway trip between xmas/new years.

Double jabbed and tested positive on 1st Nov. I have travel qr code to show recovered from covid valid until 4th Jan. With the new rules asking for tests on arrival/departure are we exempt from this? As guidance says not to test again with 90 days as it may show positive.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #8778 on: Monday, December 6, 2021, 00:58:30 »

Problem is who or how do we enforce them ?.   Went to Cribbs Causeway yesterday,  probably at least 95% of older people wore masks and behaved properly and respectfully, but the younger generation, probably under 20's I would estimate less than 70% were taking any notice at all and were just carrying on as though the virus didn't exist.  Until someone is able to enforce the wearing of masks think I'll be staying away from major shopping malls.

I don't need a pandemic to stay away from shopping centres.
Hunk

« Reply #8779 on: Monday, December 6, 2021, 09:27:17 »

apologies if discussed on here before but I think there are some frequent travellers on here.

iv been looking into a short Norway trip between xmas/new years.

Double jabbed and tested positive on 1st Nov. I have travel qr code to show recovered from covid valid until 4th Jan. With the new rules asking for tests on arrival/departure are we exempt from this? As guidance says not to test again with 90 days as it may show positive.

In August when I travelled the fact that I had recently recovered from Covid didn't matter to the UK or Iceland, but it did in the States. I transited through Iceland where I had to show a negative result, and just had to show my recently recovered status in the States. I then had to take another test before leaving the States, which neither the Iceland or UK authorities looked at, but required. It's a big, ridiculous tangle of rules depending on where you are going and when
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #8780 on: Monday, December 6, 2021, 09:44:32 »

In August when I travelled the fact that I had recently recovered from Covid didn't matter to the UK or Iceland, but it did in the States. I transited through Iceland where I had to show a negative result, and just had to show my recently recovered status in the States. I then had to take another test before leaving the States, which neither the Iceland or UK authorities looked at, but required. It's a big, ridiculous tangle of rules depending on where you are going and when

Thanks, surely the risk is there if i test positive though... even though I wouldn't be. i was hoping for 90 days of travel freedom after recovering!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #8781 on: Monday, December 6, 2021, 09:47:22 »

Very conflicting as I also tested positive at the start of November and the NHS definitely make it clear there's no point in doing another PCR test within 90 days as we would fail.

So, give no fucks
Hunk

« Reply #8782 on: Monday, December 6, 2021, 12:37:40 »

Thanks, surely the risk is there if i test positive though... even though I wouldn't be. i was hoping for 90 days of travel freedom after recovering!

I was also told that I would be significantly more likely to get a false positive after had covid, and I travelled only two weeks after I'd officially 'recovered'. I just kept my fingers crossed that I didn't get a false positive, and luckily for me I didn't. I've just remembered, although I had to take a test before going to Iceland, because I'd had Covid I could present a lateral flow rather than PCR test. These are the kind of different nuances that could change between places. It's a proper pain in the ass
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #8783 on: Tuesday, December 7, 2021, 21:50:40 »

The gift that keeps on giving.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59572149
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #8784 on: Tuesday, December 7, 2021, 22:18:43 »

Beneath contempt.  Sickening.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #8785 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2021, 06:36:11 »

Beneath contempt.  Sickening.

And yet there are people who will still listen and follow any Christmas guidelines Boris may give next week.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #8786 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2021, 07:16:45 »

And vote for them

Things get better but they never get good
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #8787 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2021, 09:00:31 »

I'm sure the spokeswoman will be thrown to the wolves, but she doesn't act like that if her bosses aren't acting the same way off camera.

Just a phenomenal degree of arrogance.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, December 8, 2021, 09:06:02 by Nemo » Logged
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #8788 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2021, 09:17:11 »

PMQ should be fun. If the government impose another lockdown I can see civil disobedience at new levels. If labour can't get traction now they never will. Maybe it's time for a new party to establish itself as a credible opposition because starmers lot are as crap as the Tories are disgustingly contemptible of the electorate.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #8789 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2021, 09:19:08 »

A few years back Mr Farage was making in roads then disappeared Soapy Tit Wank

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 583 584 585 [586] 587 588 589 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: