Pages: 1 ... 582 583 584 [585] 586 587 588 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1197180 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #8760 on: Saturday, December 4, 2021, 20:20:33 »

Probably wearing those exempt lanyards that anyone can buy from amazon for a couple of quid no doubt
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #8761 on: Saturday, December 4, 2021, 23:38:30 »

Out of curiosity those of you that get annoyed by those who choose not to wear masks in shops etc, do you wear masks inside football stadiums when in the concourse areas? Half time against Harrogate last Saturday in The DRS concourse while getting a hot drink with a mate we counted a handful of mask wearers out of the hundreds mingling below to escape the cold. Just goes to show the nonsense of it all, you can be the only customer in a small shop but have to wear a mask, go to a rammed bar or in this case football and the rule not required.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #8762 on: Sunday, December 5, 2021, 09:28:10 »

Or even sit next to somebody at the back of a packed stand holding thousands for 90+ minutes literally a couple of feet apart.

So, give no fucks
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #8763 on: Sunday, December 5, 2021, 09:49:46 »

Out of curiosity those of you that get annoyed by those who choose not to wear masks in shops etc, do you wear masks inside football stadiums when in the concourse areas? Half time against Harrogate last Saturday in The DRS concourse while getting a hot drink with a mate we counted a handful of mask wearers out of the hundreds mingling below to escape the cold. Just goes to show the nonsense of it all, you can be the only customer in a small shop but have to wear a mask, go to a rammed bar or in this case football and the rule not required.

You make a valid point, however, sporting events outside are a different aspect than an enclosed space of a retail establishment. You’ll counter with the concourse situation of course and TBF you’re right to do so. Playing devils advocate, how does a government in this situation produce uncomplicated legislation for a multitude of different situations? Each and everyone of those places will scream and shout that their place of ‘business’ should have special considerations to the importance of the business pertaining to that environment. Not an easy task. One size fits all clearly is not right, thousands of other variants, confusing laws equal chaos. Not helped by the MSM trying to hype up hysteria in the masses over a new variant that looks like it is no worse that what has been dealt with already by the current vaccine rollout.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #8764 on: Sunday, December 5, 2021, 09:57:29 »

Out of curiosity those of you that get annoyed by those who choose not to wear masks in shops etc

Anyone who 'chooses' to not wear a mask in a shop when the current rules make it mandatory is a fucking moron.

I know you've made it quite clear you're an anti-masker, so that includes you.

HTH.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #8765 on: Sunday, December 5, 2021, 10:05:39 »

Anyone who 'chooses' to not wear a mask in a shop when the current rules make it mandatory is a fucking moron.

I know you've made it quite clear you're an anti-masker, so that includes you.

HTH.

So because I ask a question that makes me an anti-masker? You don’t even know me! For your information I’m triple jabbed and have complied with all requirements so far but I’m the sort of person that likes to ask questions when I feel things make no sense. The ‘morons’ are the ones wearing masks when driving cars on their own etc because they’ve been made to feel scared by MSM etc.
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #8766 on: Sunday, December 5, 2021, 10:06:36 »

Everyone will make their own assessments of how much risk they want to take but should also be aware of others. In a shop or public transport, both indoor settings where people need to go to live their lives, it is reasonable to expect masks to be worn for the safety of all.
Outdoor settings have been shown to have much lower transmission risk so less call for compulsory mask wearing. Also, in places where there is more choice about whether to put yourselves there, I think less of a case.
When I attend a match I accept the risk that I will be sitting next to or in front of a few people for the best part of a couple of hours but look to minimise any time spent in concourses where there will be many more people mingling. Similarly if I go to a pub I accept that I will spend some time near to people but again try to minimise the time that I’m in close contact with anyone other than those in my group.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #8767 on: Sunday, December 5, 2021, 10:08:55 »

I went into two supermarkets yesterday with no hand sanitizer in sight!

So, give no fucks
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #8768 on: Sunday, December 5, 2021, 10:35:56 »

I went to Walsall on the train yesterday, I reckon you had less than 20% of people on it wearing masks and even less around Grand Central and the Bull Ring. Rightly or wrongly despite what polls say it looks like the majority of the population who are actually out and about are just doing their own thing now. Whitty is right when he says he has doubts the public would ever comply with another lockdown for this especially if restrictions are just seemingly delaying the inevitable and it’s here to stay.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #8769 on: Sunday, December 5, 2021, 11:05:46 »

Everyone will make their own assessments of how much risk they want to take but should also be aware of others. In a shop or public transport, both indoor settings where people need to go to live their lives, it is reasonable to expect masks to be worn for the safety of all.
Outdoor settings have been shown to have much lower transmission risk so less call for compulsory mask wearing. Also, in places where there is more choice about whether to put yourselves there, I think less of a case.
When I attend a match I accept the risk that I will be sitting next to or in front of a few people for the best part of a couple of hours but look to minimise any time spent in concourses where there will be many more people mingling. Similarly if I go to a pub I accept that I will spend some time near to people but again try to minimise the time that I’m in close contact with anyone other than those in my group.

This is what I was trying to say in a roundabout way. Personally I never felt at risk in a supermarket but that’s simply because I shop after I finish work which is usually 8pm so easy to stay 2m away from the few people shopping at that time. I did however feel more concerned at football halftime in the concourse as it was packed and very few had masks which surprised me especially as there was a lot of older people about. I get that when sat in your seats it’s outside but in the concourse for all intents and purpose you are inside. Anyway as you say everyone should take the appropriate measures they deem fit. May you all stay safe this Christmas from the dreaded virus.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #8770 on: Sunday, December 5, 2021, 11:06:28 »

It’s a false argument. The mask rules are never meant to be 100% effective at stopping the spread. But if you enforce them in certain high volume situations (which are also essentials for some), then you apply some level of restriction which may work to slow any spread to a degree. Some impact being seen as better than no impact

Things get better but they never get good
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #8771 on: Sunday, December 5, 2021, 11:44:16 »

True, and no doubt we will be raising the same concerns again at the end of the 3 weeks.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8772 on: Sunday, December 5, 2021, 15:50:24 »

Masks reduce, not prevent, transmission by stopping your breath from pushing out the virus in all directions.  You could be infected without knowing, so it adds a layer of protection, but is not infallible.

You may be in a shop on your own, and your risk in that situation is far reduced.  The mask will reduce that risk a little.  The shop assistant however has been in there all day.  Every person thinking they don't need a mask is adding more risk to that shop assistant.  You are doing it for them, not you.

This is why Asian cultures have taken to this year's ago around prevention of spreading flu.  It's also why we find spitting socially unacceptable, following the realization we were spreading disease to each other.
Hunk

« Reply #8773 on: Sunday, December 5, 2021, 16:01:25 »

Masks reduce, not prevent, transmission by stopping your breath from pushing out the virus in all directions.  You could be infected without knowing, so it adds a layer of protection, but is not infallible.

You may be in a shop on your own, and your risk in that situation is far reduced.  The mask will reduce that risk a little.  The shop assistant however has been in there all day.  Every person thinking they don't need a mask is adding more risk to that shop assistant.  You are doing it for them, not you.

This is why Asian cultures have taken to this year's ago around prevention of spreading flu.  It's also why we find spitting socially unacceptable, following the realization we were spreading disease to each other.

To back up what you are saying, I have two lodgers who self isolated with me when I had Covid, and neither caught it during those ten days where I wore masks and religiously washed my hands whenever I left my room. I very much doubt that would have been the case had a taken no precautions and breathed everywhere maskless  while touching surfaces with my virus ridden mitts.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #8774 on: Sunday, December 5, 2021, 16:38:01 »

To back up what you are saying, I have two lodgers who self isolated with me when I had Covid, and neither caught it during those ten days where I wore masks and religiously washed my hands whenever I left my room. I very much doubt that would have been the case had a taken no precautions and breathed everywhere maskless  while touching surfaces with my virus ridden mitts.

Further to your post and Robert T’s? post. Your mask, reduces you and others chances of getting it from you, equally if they wear one too then you both benefit from double protection from getting it. It is not 109% fool proof but If no one wears them them we’re all likely to be fucked at some point. It is more infectious than ordinary flu and more deadlier, what part of that don’t people understand?
Pages: 1 ... 582 583 584 [585] 586 587 588 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: