Pages: 1 ... 524 525 526 [527] 528 529 530 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1188361 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #7890 on: Monday, May 24, 2021, 11:16:55 »

I had my first vaccination two weeks before my wife, and her second is two weeks before mine. Is there a deliberate gender difference in the time between vaccinations or is this just a quirk of availability? (I did ask the NHS booking line and they told me they couldn't tell me like it was some sort of state secret...)
Panda Paws

« Reply #7891 on: Monday, May 24, 2021, 11:23:20 »

Me and my missus booked ours at the same time, first and second time round. It's a quirk of the system, and who/how you booked it.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #7892 on: Monday, May 24, 2021, 11:48:56 »

Yep, saw on Sky news earlier that only 31 people with Indian variant have required an overnight hospital stay.

The fear around this variant is pretty odd so far
Main hysteria seems to stem from (not very) Independent Stage and the media jump on their comments..... frauds like Christina Pagel (mathematician) and Zubaida Haque (professor of philosophy) seem to get unwarranted amount of air time on the likes of Sky considering their background isn't even medical and have become the poster girls for the Zero Covid loons. There are too many taking advantage of the situation to advance their own names and don't want to give up their 5 minutes of fame so seem to want to drag this out as long as possible.
scillyred

« Reply #7893 on: Monday, May 24, 2021, 12:05:30 »

HI Scillyred

Not sure if it helps but i had very similar symptoms all but less severe and different time scales.

My sore throat and ear infection a couple of months after first jab. Couldn't shake it off so saw GP who was undecided between Stroke and Bells. He refered me and i was seen at the Stroke clinic for an MRI scan and ECG etc.

Mild Bells was the conclusion nothing to do but wait for nerve endings to fix themselves.

3 weeks on, improving slightly but still have ear issue. In the meantime have had second jab with no issue.

Hi there

I have been asked to register my post vaccine symptoms/reactions etc on the Government's Yellow Card Scheme - it's reasonably straightforward to complete, if a bit time consuming.

My throat and ear are a lot better but I now have a really annoying dry cough !
The face has not yet returned to it's full magnificence but we live in hope  Cheesy

Hope you are improving too.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #7894 on: Friday, May 28, 2021, 11:50:07 »

"We still don't have a COVID suppression plan from this government and that's why everything is being left late."
Dr Haque continued: "The government is still having an ad-hoc, whack-a-mole approach to this virus, instead of having a plan and strategy to suppress the virus."

Now, this person is on the Independent Sage group who are bit OTT I think, BUT, the point is valid.  It speaks to the wider issue many Western Govts have faced - not having a defined plan means they keep getting into holes they need to dig themselves out of and has often meant they are backed up against a public opinion wall.  Some things work out well (Vaccines) some not so well (Care Homes).

The UK exit plan alongside Vaccine distribution both look pretty good, but they are defined independently of any strategy it seems, made clear by the reaction to the situation with the Indian Variant in Bolton.  That ad-hoc approach is back on full display - you cannot travel, we'll vaccinate everyone, well, not the under 30's, well yes we will and so on.

I hope that once this is largely behind us, someone pulls together the original Pandemic response Plan, gives it a proper update from real life experience and ensures it is pinned to the Govts fucking foreheads this time.
« Last Edit: Friday, May 28, 2021, 11:52:41 by RobertT » Logged
adje

Ignore
« Reply #7895 on: Friday, May 28, 2021, 16:58:59 »

Main hysteria seems to stem from (not very) Independent Stage and the media jump on their comments..... frauds like Christina Pagel (mathematician) and Zubaida Haque (professor of philosophy) seem to get unwarranted amount of air time on the likes of Sky considering their background isn't even medical and have become the poster girls for the Zero Covid loons. There are too many taking advantage of the situation to advance their own names and don't want to give up their 5 minutes of fame so seem to want to drag this out as long as possible.
Add Neal Ferguson to that list

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #7896 on: Friday, May 28, 2021, 18:41:06 »

Add Neal Ferguson to that list
Is he the one that ignored lockdown rules?

All I’m hearing is doom and gloom again this week and that the easing on the 21st of June shouldn’t happen. There seems to a complete absence in reporting the fact that despite the slight increase in cases there are now less than 900 people in hospital with COVID for the fist time in 6+ months. The correlation between cases and significant ill health has now almost certainly been broken and that’s what matters, case numbers become largely irrelevant at that point.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #7897 on: Friday, May 28, 2021, 18:53:47 »

I think the UK is about 4 weeks behind Israel based on the Vaccine data - the numbers there look very hopeful.  I think the USA is another 4 weeks or so behind that.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #7898 on: Friday, May 28, 2021, 21:20:29 »

Is he the one that ignored lockdown rules?

All I’m hearing is doom and gloom again this week and that the easing on the 21st of June shouldn’t happen. There seems to a complete absence in reporting the fact that despite the slight increase in cases there are now less than 900 people in hospital with COVID for the fist time in 6+ months. The correlation between cases and significant ill health has now almost certainly been broken and that’s what matters, case numbers become largely irrelevant at that point.
Yep, that's him. Gets a colossal amount of air time.

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #7899 on: Friday, May 28, 2021, 22:05:29 »

Isnt he also the one that predicted millions would get killed by SARS and it turned out to be not so many
adje

Ignore
« Reply #7900 on: Saturday, May 29, 2021, 12:58:55 »

Isnt he also the one that predicted millions would get killed by SARS and it turned out to be not so many
Yeah, the bloke's been wrong so many times yet never a day goes by without his "expert" opinion, especially on Radio 4

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #7901 on: Saturday, May 29, 2021, 17:04:27 »

Yeah, the bloke's been wrong so many times yet never a day goes by without his "expert" opinion, especially on Radio 4
I’m sick to death of all the supposed experts plugging themselves daily in the press. Yesterday was all doom and gloom as cases went up to 4K. Today there was a drop of 800 odd but of course there’s not a positive response to that as good news doesn’t get themselves the spotlight they crave!
Flashheart

« Reply #7902 on: Thursday, June 3, 2021, 10:12:31 »

4,000 new cases a day out here now and rising. Yet the government is dithering with the vaccine roll-out. They're too busy building up their military.

You'd expect a military government to be good at logistics, but there are people dying in their homes because what few ambulances there are are at full stretch (and affordable beds are very limited).

And I live slap-bang in the epicentre (Samut Prakan)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #7903 on: Thursday, June 3, 2021, 10:14:55 »

Do they have any type of lockdown where you are

So, give no fucks
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #7904 on: Thursday, June 3, 2021, 10:15:07 »

Had your jab yet?
Pages: 1 ... 524 525 526 [527] 528 529 530 ... 629   Go Up
Print