Pages: 1 ... 523 524 525 [526] 527 528 529 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1188328 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #7875 on: Friday, May 21, 2021, 13:51:11 »

It may be a coincidence but I have been really ill since my second jab.
A really bad throat and ear infection started a couple of days later.
On Monday I was seen by the paramedics, who thought I had had a stroke and I got as far as the helicopter to be flown to the mainland before the critical care paramedic decided it was not a stroke but Bell's Palsy.
I now have partial facial paralysis which makes drinking a bit difficult and my smile is lopsided - not that I smile much according to my wife !
Again, might be a coincidence but this is usually triggered by the cold sore virus - all seems a bit strange.

Recovery time is 3 weeks/3 months/9 months/never - joy !

Any of you guys had it for a bit of moral support or advice ?

What I need is a bit of good STFC news  Pint

Well, you are in good company. Former World's Strongest Man and Game of Thrones star Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson (The Mountain) has also suffered with it.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #7876 on: Friday, May 21, 2021, 13:52:12 »

Second AZ for me next Friday. Planning to do lots of exercise after to try to take my mind off it.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #7877 on: Friday, May 21, 2021, 13:52:17 »

The nearest place it told me was Newbury, but someone mentioned that if you go back and check again at different times you get other choices. Occasionally I had the Kassam and Ashton Gate pop up, then finally managed to get booked in at Steam for next week.

iv gone with the kassam on tuesday for my first Sad at least i wont see town lose this time
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #7878 on: Friday, May 21, 2021, 16:23:50 »

Sorry to hear Sillcyred, hope things get better. Sad

Had the Pzifer this week, felt fine for the first 24 hours, then bang, all my energy was zapped for a day and a half.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #7879 on: Friday, May 21, 2021, 16:26:12 »

Both the wife and I have managed to bring forward our second jabs. Mine has also moved to 5 miles closer so a double result!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
REDBUCK

« Reply #7880 on: Friday, May 21, 2021, 17:34:43 »

It may be a coincidence but I have been really ill since my second jab.
A really bad throat and ear infection started a couple of days later.
On Monday I was seen by the paramedics, who thought I had had a stroke and I got as far as the helicopter to be flown to the mainland before the critical care paramedic decided it was not a stroke but Bell's Palsy.
I now have partial facial paralysis which makes drinking a bit difficult and my smile is lopsided - not that I smile much according to my wife !
Again, might be a coincidence but this is usually triggered by the cold sore virus - all seems a bit strange.

Recovery time is 3 weeks/3 months/9 months/never - joy !

Any of you guys had it for a bit of moral support or advice ?

What I need is a bit of good STFC news  Pint

HI Scillyred

Not sure if it helps but i had very similar symptoms all but less severe and different time scales.

My sore throat and ear infection a couple of months after first jab. Couldn't shake it off so saw GP who was undecided between Stroke and Bells. He refered me and i was seen at the Stroke clinic for an MRI scan and ECG etc.

Mild Bells was the conclusion nothing to do but wait for nerve endings to fix themselves.

3 weeks on, improving slightly but still have ear issue. In the meantime have had second jab with no issue.
Flashheart

« Reply #7881 on: Friday, May 21, 2021, 17:54:35 »

Get well soon, Scilly.

My Nan had the paramedics out after her second jab. They didn't take her in but spent a few hours with her. She's OK now.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #7882 on: Friday, May 21, 2021, 18:11:32 »

Look at this way, it could be that Covid itself would have provided far worse symptoms if the vaccine created such a reaction.  You may just have saved your own life.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #7883 on: Friday, May 21, 2021, 20:00:55 »

Both the wife and I have managed to bring forward our second jabs. Mine has also moved to 5 miles closer so a double result!

Well at least they won’t have to throw them like darts now you’re a bit closer.
scillyred

« Reply #7884 on: Saturday, May 22, 2021, 19:40:17 »

HI Scillyred

Not sure if it helps but i had very similar symptoms all but less severe and different time scales.

My sore throat and ear infection a couple of months after first jab. Couldn't shake it off so saw GP who was undecided between Stroke and Bells. He refered me and i was seen at the Stroke clinic for an MRI scan and ECG etc.

Mild Bells was the conclusion nothing to do but wait for nerve endings to fix themselves.

3 weeks on, improving slightly but still have ear issue. In the meantime have had second jab with no issue.

Thanks
Throat and ear much better but I have now developed a continual dry cough which is driving me mad !
Still no sense of taste.
Hope it doesn't go on too much longer  Sad
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #7885 on: Sunday, May 23, 2021, 06:59:28 »

Lots of squawking going on on Twitter from scientists about how the Indian variant being the dominant strain and reduced vaccine efficacy means were in for a real shit time of it again

Things get better but they never get good
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7886 on: Sunday, May 23, 2021, 08:10:39 »

Quote from: Bogus Dave
Lots of squawking going on on Twitter from scientists about how the Indian variant being the dominant strain and reduced vaccine efficacy means were in for a real shit time of it again

and as if by magic

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-57217367
Panda Paws

« Reply #7887 on: Sunday, May 23, 2021, 08:17:37 »

Still no rise in hospitisations or deaths though... I'm sure SAGE will keep up their bizarre record of doom and the media will continue to go from one extreme to the other and back again. Fear sells.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7888 on: Sunday, May 23, 2021, 08:19:00 »

bit early for the hospital deaths to show yet?

but encouraging. Though that article says  efficiecy is only 33% after 1 jab, so you kind of need both.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #7889 on: Sunday, May 23, 2021, 08:25:11 »

Still no rise in hospitisations or deaths though... I'm sure SAGE will keep up their bizarre record of doom and the media will continue to go from one extreme to the other and back again. Fear sells.

Yep, saw on Sky news earlier that only 31 people with Indian variant have required an overnight hospital stay.

The fear around this variant is pretty odd so far
Pages: 1 ... 523 524 525 [526] 527 528 529 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: