Pages: 1 ... 516 517 518 [519] 520 521 522 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1188587 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #7770 on: Wednesday, April 21, 2021, 14:47:27 »

"Ms Quinn had previously said on social media that she did not consent to or accept the fines."

I didn't know it worked like that, I feel so silly.

I think Ms Quinn needs to stop believing what she reads on Facebook.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #7771 on: Wednesday, April 21, 2021, 15:10:51 »

You have to laugh at these people who will take legal advice from social media and a trusty Google search

Nothing to see here
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #7772 on: Wednesday, April 21, 2021, 15:18:42 »

You have to laugh at these people who will take legal advice from social media and a trusty Google search

During the early days of Covid, what made me laugh was all the 'doctors/medical experts' recording videos on Youtube and sharing them on Facebook basically trying to poo poo the proper experts.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #7773 on: Wednesday, April 21, 2021, 15:24:30 »

I presume it is like Googling your medical symptoms - headache or imminent death.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #7774 on: Thursday, April 22, 2021, 21:25:55 »

Some of the bbc reporting of the India travel ban:

Kiran and Saumiya Philip travelled to Kerala in March to get married, but once the wedding was over they realised India's Covid cases were rising rapidly and they started looking for earlier flights back.

"I've been trying to get back to the UK since 12 April but there aren't any tickets available," says Kiran. "You get the odd one now and then, but the cost is upwards of £1,200 to travel from Kochi one way."

Are you allowed to fly places during national lockdown to get married?  Hmmm
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7775 on: Thursday, April 22, 2021, 22:20:19 »

Some of the bbc reporting of the India travel ban:

Are you allowed to fly places during national lockdown to get married?  Hmmm
Yes, ridiculous though it may seem
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-declaration-form-for-international-travel
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #7776 on: Thursday, May 6, 2021, 08:10:23 »

What?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56813982

The examples being given weren't even in the UK.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #7777 on: Thursday, May 6, 2021, 08:48:30 »

The only time the word racism is used is in the title. There might be questions to be asked about the difference in uptake from black people, and I think a few are hinted at (black churches not engaged about promoting vaccines), but ultimately that's a dogshit article designed for outrage and clicks (obvious i know, but it seems reasonable to hammer home)

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Flashheart

« Reply #7778 on: Thursday, May 6, 2021, 08:57:49 »

The only time the word racism is used is in the title.

Yep.

I was reading through it myself wondering where the 'racism' aspect came into it.

More click-baitery from the Beeb. Bloody leftist bias.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #7779 on: Thursday, May 6, 2021, 09:24:12 »

It does seem generalised. Everyone who hasn't had the jab will have some reason I guess.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7780 on: Thursday, May 6, 2021, 09:32:57 »

I guess they are implying racism in the past has bred a distrust of the government now. Which is affecting vaccine take-up.

But you know that, and yes it's a bit click baity
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7781 on: Thursday, May 6, 2021, 14:15:08 »

Worked a treat though didn't it?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7782 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 16:56:15 »

Worrying information from Seychelles on vaccinations not preventing resurgence of infection, especially in light of the govt's apparent determination to ignore scientists' warnings about dangers of sticking to the timetable for opening up in the face of the prevalence of the Indian variant in the UK. The govt may be right to ignore those warnings, I'm not qualified to say, but the experience of last summer, September and December doesn't inspire confidence. Hope they're right this time.

https://twitter.com/ReicherStephen/status/1392522435124203522

TBC, I want us to be able to open up properly as soon as we can. I don't want to see a repeat of the "Open up, lots of illness/deaths, impose restrictions again for even longer" cycle that's characterised this so far.

« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 16:59:49 by pauld » Logged
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #7783 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 17:22:00 »

53% of the Seychelles have be vaccinated with Sinopharm, the Chinese vaccine of which there has been a lot doubts about how effective it really is. 80% of the those needing hospital treatment haven’t had any vaccine so if anything supports the argument that the vaccine breaks the link between cases and hospital numbers & deaths.

Most COVID wards here are now empty, the schools reopening didn’t cause a spike, nor did opening non-essential retail so. I can’t see how sticking to the 5 weekly interval can be interpreted as rushing...  with all this in mind don’t we deserve the chance to now have as close to a normal life as possible?!

I’ve noticed a swell of ‘zerocovid’ nuts now who want to stay locked down and in restrictions until there are no more cases, never going to happen so they are going to have a fun life...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7784 on: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 17:26:13 »

53% of the Seychelles have be vaccinated with Sinopharm, the Chinese vaccine of which there has been a lot doubts about how effective it really is. 80% of the those needing hospital treatment haven’t had any vaccine so if anything supports the argument that the vaccine breaks the link between cases and hospital numbers & deaths.

Most COVID wards here are now empty, the schools reopening didn’t cause a spike, nor did opening non-essential retail so. I can’t see how sticking to the 5 weekly interval can be interpreted as rushing...  with all this in mind don’t we deserve the chance to now have as close to a normal life as possible?!
Yes of course. And I hope you're right. As I say I want us to be able to open up properly as soon as possible. I'm concerned by the number of scientists who seem to be expressing alarm that insufficient attention is being paid to the Indian variant. Hopefully they're erring on the side of caution and/or govt have plans in place to suppress these outbreaks. The concern appears to be that relying on vaccines alone runs the risk of allowing further variants to develop and spread that may prove to be vaccine resistant.
Pages: 1 ... 516 517 518 [519] 520 521 522 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: