Pages: 1 ... 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1188178 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1455 on: Wednesday, March 25, 2020, 10:40:12 »

Yep had this locally in Swindon and family and a number of friends also. So what was this? I had the flu jab as well!

That's the point, without testing who knows.

Testing en-mass seems unlikely. But that kind of data is going to be critical in determining the long term planning, and probably in medium/short term too.

The thing I would say is they must know if the death rate spiked earlier in the year, even if they wern't testing for Coronavirus/COVID-19/SARS-Cov-2
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #1456 on: Wednesday, March 25, 2020, 10:46:58 »

Wonder if they could do it by post? Like a self test kit?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #1457 on: Wednesday, March 25, 2020, 10:47:31 »

Just got back from Selbymart where you have to stop in your vehicle while the market staff unload your trailer, then at arms length a gloved hand collects paperwork. Stopped in Snaith to buy some sausages and bacon where you queued 2n apart on the pavement, sanitised as you entered and stood in a marked area to place your order and pay by card. All very sensible but when I got back to the village , there were two vans of contractors parked next to each other so they could talk. Probably a foot apart, two in each vehicle
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1458 on: Wednesday, March 25, 2020, 10:59:11 »

Wonder if they could do it by post? Like a self test kit?

Moot point. They are on order. We physically don't have them yet

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/24/matt-hancock-35m-coronavirus-test-kits-are-on-the-way-to-the-nhs

This is the test to tell if you've had it already and are (at least for now) immune
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1459 on: Wednesday, March 25, 2020, 11:15:59 »

There must be thousands - probably millions - of people who have had it and put it down to a seasonal bug.

According to reports the first spate of the, as then unknown, illness was around 12 December. So go back a bit for when it was actually contracted and it’s around the beginning of December.

From that time until it was actually recognised as a new strain and likely to become pandemic, there must have been huge numbers of people infected without knowing it - spreading it all over the world.

There are some anomalies I don’t quite understand. Why is it so rampant in Spain but very low numbers in neighbouring Portugal? Greece has low numbers as have the countries directly bordering Greece to the north - Albania, Bulgaria and the Slavic countries.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1460 on: Wednesday, March 25, 2020, 11:27:01 »

There must be thousands - probably millions - of people who have had it and put it down to a seasonal bug.

According to reports the first spate of the, as then unknown, illness was around 12 December. So go back a bit for when it was actually contracted and it’s around the beginning of December.

From that time until it was actually recognised as a new strain and likely to become pandemic, there must have been huge numbers of people infected without knowing it - spreading it all over the world.

There are some anomalies I don’t quite understand. Why is it so rampant in Spain but very low numbers in neighbouring Portugal? Greece has low numbers as have the countries directly bordering Greece to the north - Albania, Bulgaria and the Slavic countries.

Not forgetting Russia!!  Hmmm

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #1461 on: Wednesday, March 25, 2020, 11:34:38 »

Not sure if it is still more common in countries around The Med, but maybe extended families living together might have contributed to increasing the rate of spread?
Didn't the countries bordering Greece to the north all close their borders at the time of the migrant crisis.
Not sure if that is still the case?

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
woolster

« Reply #1462 on: Wednesday, March 25, 2020, 11:35:58 »

oh dear https://twitter.com/i/status/1242529326735732739
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1463 on: Wednesday, March 25, 2020, 11:37:38 »

Prince Charles tests positive.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1464 on: Wednesday, March 25, 2020, 11:39:54 »

Another business to add to the list of shitheads who won't be getting any of my money along with Wetherspoons, Virgin etc for when this is all over: Travelodge evicting homeless families, against govt advice, with nowhere else for them to go to, and giving local authorities only a few hours' notice to try and arrange alternative accomodation. Class.
Panda Paws

« Reply #1465 on: Wednesday, March 25, 2020, 12:00:11 »

I saw this view fom the OU regarding when the virus may have hit the UK posted elsewhere today and brought this to mind.

My son who is 42 lives and works in London and commutes on the tube every day. In the middle of January he came down with a hacking cough, a very tight chest (which left him breathless) and lasted a week. In in his words it was the worst feeling being ill than he had ever experienced before. At the same time two other people in his office suffered very similar illnesses. With hindsight it could well have been flu and the only way to know if it was Coronavirus is that he gets tested to find out, which is a bit unlikely given the current situation. 

Almost exactly the same experience here. About 10 days, over Christmas, I was the most ill I'd ever been. Huge spiking fever, tight chest, breathing problems.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #1466 on: Wednesday, March 25, 2020, 12:09:47 »

Prince Charles tests positive.

That will be a first the miserable old fucker
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #1467 on: Wednesday, March 25, 2020, 12:10:37 »

Public Health England publish flu stats for 2019-2020.  The latest report states that by week 3 of January 2020, "no statistically significant excess all-cause mortality by week of death had been seen yet overall or by age group in England this season".

If the coronavirus was widely circulating in December and January in the UK, surely that would have impacted the mortality rate?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1468 on: Wednesday, March 25, 2020, 12:12:10 »

you'd think so. unless it mutated to something more deadly.

I don't know if that is possible or hasn't already been dismissed.
Flashheart

« Reply #1469 on: Wednesday, March 25, 2020, 12:24:13 »

I was sick at Christmas and New Year. It wasn't terrible, but it was enough to keep me in.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: