Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1188519 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #825 on: Wednesday, March 18, 2020, 21:32:05 »

1. it only takes 1 person to infect
2. they don't know that the disease is only infectious when showing symptoms.

I get the temptation. That's why if the government wants to do what it says it can't be left in our hands and must force closures. Which will ruin many people

He's trolling. Or a wanker, or both.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #826 on: Wednesday, March 18, 2020, 21:32:28 »

@frog indeed. especially if Mr Jones doesn't really know you, and you've had several teachers over a year.

honestly don't know what I'd do.

it's all FUBAR
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #827 on: Wednesday, March 18, 2020, 21:33:26 »

@sutton oooh. I've lost my sense of humour already.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #828 on: Wednesday, March 18, 2020, 21:33:59 »

@frog indeed. especially if Mr Jones doesn't really know you, and you've had several teachers over a year.

honestly don't know what I'd do.

it's all FUBAR

You have no idea. We’re entering the twilight zone.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #829 on: Wednesday, March 18, 2020, 21:34:16 »

We’re on shutdown in France. You can’t go out without carrying a printed certificate saying you’re on one of five authorised purposes. If something similar comes to the UK, you won’t come and go as you like, and you won’t be getting a house built any time soon.

your in it first hand but i still cant see how it can be enforced in rural areas. my dads a farmer for example and will need to carry on etc and if i did close up my business i will still go up there and get building jobs done on my own its of no harm to anyone. its pretty much built, needs fitting inside- plasterers are in this week Woolster!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #830 on: Wednesday, March 18, 2020, 21:34:50 »

Goes to show just how little effort is actually put into Pandemic planning.  I know it's a tough gig, and we have plenty of not quite Pandemics that give us false hope and make us think we over react.  However, who really believes anyone is working off of a script right now?  It's clearly being designed as we go along with some basic principles at play.  I can;t for one second think anyone has a scooby what the recovery part of this looks like.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #831 on: Wednesday, March 18, 2020, 21:38:09 »

your in it first hand but i still cant see how it can be enforced in rural areas. my dads a farmer for example and will need to carry on etc and if i did close up my business i will still go up there and get building jobs done on my own its of no harm to anyone. its pretty much built, needs fitting inside- plasterers are in this week Woolster!

The idea is to ramp down activity/movement/interactions down as low as you can get them.  Some "essential" activity will be risked, like food production, medical services, utilities etc.  Eventually it HAS to be laws and enforced, otherwise you do get people popping to the beach still (I give you Florida which is under a State of Emergency but had packed beaches this week).  It's this inbetween stage that makes it worse to some degree - you keep people thinking it's all OK, no big deal, lets all just pop down the Winchester.
woolster

« Reply #832 on: Wednesday, March 18, 2020, 21:39:30 »

I dont think you will have the option Sippo - unless it's your garden of course!! My advice would be to stack up on booze for the house, as that could become the next bog roll!!
Tesco beer section was almost empty this evening  Pint never seen it that low
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #833 on: Wednesday, March 18, 2020, 21:39:37 »

Or neither. What’s the problem?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #834 on: Wednesday, March 18, 2020, 21:39:58 »

Goes to show just how little effort is actually put into Pandemic planning.  I know it's a tough gig, and we have plenty of not quite Pandemics that give us false hope and make us think we over react.  However, who really believes anyone is working off of a script right now?  It's clearly being designed as we go along with some basic principles at play.  I can;t for one second think anyone has a scooby what the recovery part of this looks like.

Yes you are right. I've been involved in a few over the years, and it always stopped before it got serious (sars, swine, etc) This one is completely different,  It is going to be a world changer. Hopefully for the better when the dust settles. What that will look like no one knows as all of the plans are being made up as things change day by day. No thought is being given to when it stops, and that is understandable, as no one has a clue what the end game is.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #835 on: Wednesday, March 18, 2020, 21:41:54 »

Or neither. What’s the problem?

Just It's bad, worse than people think, and that comment
 annoyed me a bit, as people think it's going to blow over. It's worse than I thought it would be already. People do need to change fast.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 18, 2020, 21:43:33 by suttonred » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #836 on: Wednesday, March 18, 2020, 21:44:27 »

Or astonishingly ignorant.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #837 on: Wednesday, March 18, 2020, 21:46:33 »

I am fairly certain people in Northern Italy felt the same way at one point - in fact they did, they interviewed people during the initial "lock down" that was a sort of try not to go out period.  People were sitting in cafe's having a wine, pointing out they had started to see a drop off in trade though.  So many false dawns create that feeling - very few people remember or were impacted directly by any of the last 3 big ones (I am excluding HIV as that one is still on-going and really did change society).
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #838 on: Wednesday, March 18, 2020, 21:47:04 »

I escaped Paris on Monday night before the shutters came down. Honestly the packed motorway out of the city was like May 1940, minus the Stukas!

Even out here in the country, nothing is moving. Farmers are essential workers who are allowed to carry on their business, but hardly a car went down our road all day. No one is going out except for necessities. Everyone is in an essential job, working from home or laid off. People understand it’s the only way to break this.

Amazing how times like this give you a new sense of priorities. Suddenly the salaries of the bankers and footballers are exposed for their perversity. In a stripped-down survival economy, it becomes very easy to understand who the highest valued workers are right now.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
woolster

« Reply #839 on: Wednesday, March 18, 2020, 21:47:56 »

the loss of earnings worries me more than the virus
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: