Pages: 1 ... 537 538 539 [540] 541 542 543 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1206858 times)
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #8085 on: Monday, June 28, 2021, 10:44:32 »

Had to log a lateral flow test today to get into Wembley tomorrow. Didn't realise how stupid the system is.

My mate had a spare test at home. Sent me the ID. I went online and logged the test as negative.

How completely pointless.

Most of my mates have done the same to be honest.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #8086 on: Monday, June 28, 2021, 10:45:37 »

Of course, there's a degree of personal responsibility. A degree I chose to ignore on this occasion, probably for the first time during this whole thing.

That doesn't mean the system isn't inherently flawed though.

I'm more interested as to why you didn't just take a test yourself PP? I know going to the match will be great but what were you worried about? Not being negative and missing the match?

This isn't a dig btw and I know I'm repeating my opening sentence but, I'm just wondering why you didn't want to take a test yourself?

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Flashheart

« Reply #8087 on: Monday, June 28, 2021, 10:45:48 »

This is why we have laws and systems in place to make sure people do stuff.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #8088 on: Monday, June 28, 2021, 10:48:35 »

Most of my mates have done the same to be honest.

Again, also struggling to understand why? Are they all frightened of testing positive - thus missing the match?

It's not a dig but from the outset it appears pretty selfish.

Especially when some of these will also be lambasting government ministers for not following correct protocols/bending rules etc  Hmmm

'Incessant Nonsense'

Panda Paws

« Reply #8089 on: Monday, June 28, 2021, 10:49:51 »

I'm more interested as to why you didn't just take a test yourself PP? I know going to the match will be great but what were you worried about? Not being negative and missing the match?

This isn't a dig btw and I know I'm repeating my opening sentence but, I'm just wondering why you didn't want to take a test yourself?

Because it was infinitely easier to sit and do that in about 2 mins than try and find some time in my working day to go and get a test.

I get people disagree with it. That's life.

I assumed it'd be a stricter, and was surprised it wasn't.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #8090 on: Monday, June 28, 2021, 10:52:56 »

Again, also struggling to understand why? Are they all frightened of testing positive - thus missing the match?

It's not a dig but from the outset it appears pretty selfish.

Especially when some of these will also be lambasting government ministers for not following correct protocols/bending rules etc  Hmmm

But the point is, it almost doesn’t even matter if you do test positive, because you can mark yourself down as negative anyway if you are still desperate to watch the match, making the whole thing pretty pointless which was PP’s original point.

I was negative anyway, so I’m alright, but a lot of my mates didn’t even bother with the test.
Flashheart

« Reply #8091 on: Monday, June 28, 2021, 10:53:02 »

I might get pissed and go for a drive later.

I get people disagree with it, but that's life.

I'm not really trying to have a dig on anyone here, believe it or not, it's more the system that's fucked up. People can't be trusted and their actions often have consequences on other people, not just themselves.

Which is why systems should be in place to stop it from happening.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #8092 on: Monday, June 28, 2021, 10:57:45 »

Because it was infinitely easier to sit and do that in about 2 mins than try and find some time in my working day to go and get a test.

Ahh but it was easy enough to get a very sought after ticket for the match though?

I'll leave it there but you can see the contrast in your own actions surely? Due to one benefiting you more than potentially another.

Enjoy the match  Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #8093 on: Monday, June 28, 2021, 10:58:09 »

But the point is, it almost doesn’t even matter if you do test positive, because you can mark yourself down as negative anyway if you are still desperate to watch the match, making the whole thing pretty pointless which was PP’s original point.

I was negative anyway, so I’m alright, but a lot of my mates didn’t even bother with the test.

I don't think there would be an easier system available to guarantee people are telling the truth. An on the spot test at a doctors and nhs app upload? imagine the logistics in that.

its the same as isolating when in contact- isolating after holidays. there is a huge degree of trust on people and impossible to enforce
Broadbents Tackle

TEF Historian

Ignore
« Reply #8094 on: Monday, June 28, 2021, 10:58:36 »

You put your name and address in the government website and they arrive at your door in one or two days. Tricky.

Whether your eyes are green, brown, blue, let me see a little bit of red in 'em.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #8095 on: Monday, June 28, 2021, 11:02:15 »

Yeah I get it's flawed as with many things.

I just don't get why people (especially our 30s age group) wouldn't just be honest about their tests/results. Can you imagine the uproar if PHE had fudged a bunch of flow tests/data etc?

Anyway, after all, there will be other football tournaments and no doubt big matches at Wembley in the future.

As with PP. Enjoy the match Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

Panda Paws

« Reply #8096 on: Monday, June 28, 2021, 11:03:46 »

Yeah, I get people disagree and frankly, I knew what I was doing wasn't morally right, but there are some hilarious faux outrage reactions here from people who have never done anything wrong. Equivalating it to drink driving is my personal favorite. Not sure the risk profile is the same...

Every single one of us has broken guidelines at some point. I've got nothing else to say.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #8097 on: Monday, June 28, 2021, 11:06:08 »

You put your name and address in the government website and they arrive at your door in one or two days. Tricky.

Even easier than that, you can pick them up from the chemists.

Yeah I get it's flawed as with many things.

Its only flawed if people lie, so the flaw is human beings than the system.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #8098 on: Monday, June 28, 2021, 11:07:27 »

Yeah, I get people disagree and frankly, I knew what I was doing wasn't morally right, but there are some hilarious faux outrage reactions here from people who have never done anything wrong. Equivalating it to drink driving is my personal favorite. Not sure the risk profile is the same...

Every single one of us has broken guidelines at some point. I've got nothing else to say.

I think it's because the covid thing is something where we've all collectively been asked to, and most of us have, changed our lives and made an effort. So when some prick is like hahaha faked neg test gonna go wembley I think it wrangles quite a lot.

Does that make sense you absolute fucking bellend.
Flashheart

« Reply #8099 on: Monday, June 28, 2021, 11:10:03 »

Equivalating it to drink driving is my personal favorite. Not sure the risk profile is the same...

Faux outrage? fuck off.

People are pointing out to you that your actions are irresponsible to say the least. (And that the system is clearly flawed) We've even tried to do so in a reasonable manner.

And it compares very well with drink driving. Both drink drivers and people who are infected with a disease are at risk of causing real harm to other people. Both are avoidable.

You could LITERALLY Be killing or hurting people. That is not an exaggeration.

Ah well, it must just be faux outrage.

Enjoy the match.
« Last Edit: Monday, June 28, 2021, 11:16:12 by Flashheart » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 537 538 539 [540] 541 542 543 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: