Pages: 1 ... 538 539 540 [541] 542 543 544 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1206951 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8100 on: Monday, June 28, 2021, 11:10:47 »

this shows how easy it is to superspread the Indian variant of covid. And how vaccines while not 100% are bloody good at the moment.

If the results of trials are that people are lying about the LFT and they make it 'vaccinated only' for big events - fine by me

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.abc.net.au/article/100249612
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #8101 on: Monday, June 28, 2021, 11:11:29 »

Yeah, I get people disagree and frankly, I knew what I was doing wasn't morally right, but there are some hilarious faux outrage reactions here from people who have never done anything wrong. Equivalating it to drink driving is my personal favorite. Not sure the risk profile is the same...

Every single one of us has broken guidelines at some point. I've got nothing else to say.

I think it's more because it conflicts with you saying that you didn't have time...I'm sure if you were trying to get tickets to the match (which you managed) then you probably should have been ordering some flow tests too no?

Not trying to kill your vibe or anyones as I'm sure you're incredibly excited. No doubt when England last played Germany at Wembley in a major tournament was 1996 and we both would've been around 10 years old. How I fucking cried. Emotional match, for all.

Let's hope this one is a little easier on the drama. A boring 1-0 (either way) will do and I prefer if it is in England's favour.

One other note, I hope we're not playing in a fucking grey/silver monstrosity.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #8102 on: Monday, June 28, 2021, 11:16:58 »

Yeah, I get people disagree and frankly, I knew what I was doing wasn't morally right, but there are some hilarious faux outrage reactions here from people who have never done anything wrong. Equivalating it to drink driving is my personal favorite. Not sure the risk profile is the same...

Every single one of us has broken guidelines at some point. I've got nothing else to say.
You came on here wanting that reaction don't kid yourself
Panda Paws

« Reply #8103 on: Monday, June 28, 2021, 11:25:18 »

You came on here wanting that reaction don't kid yourself

Honestly, I was just chatting to a mate about it and made the point that I have no idea why I posted it, or pretty much anything else on here.

Something to think about and reflect on, that's for sure.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #8104 on: Monday, June 28, 2021, 11:28:50 »

Honestly, I was just chatting to a mate about it and made the point that I have no idea why I posted it, or pretty much anything else on here.

I'm... surprised that you're surprised you got a negative reaction to essentially saying you were going to a mandatory testing event having pretended to take a test, when it's pretty well established at this point that you can be asymptomatic and still spread the virus. Particularly when it's an event that lots of people would saw their arm off to go to.

I'm absolutely certain that you're not the only one doing this - many will - but to post it on a public forum and blame the system suggests you don't think you're doing anything even a bit sneaky? This forum isn't averse to an overreaction, but you know you're not exactly on the moral highground here, surely?
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #8105 on: Monday, June 28, 2021, 11:29:48 »

Eek

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #8106 on: Monday, June 28, 2021, 11:30:27 »

A lateral flow test is easy to access, it takes 2 mins to do (apart from waiting 30 mins for the result), and it's free. Why wouldn't you?
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #8107 on: Monday, June 28, 2021, 11:32:10 »

Probably a good idea. Seems like you could do with quite a bit of practice at thinking and reflecting.
Panda Paws

« Reply #8108 on: Monday, June 28, 2021, 11:33:46 »

I'm absolutely certain that you're not the only one doing this - many will - but to post it on a public forum and blame the system suggests you don't think you're doing anything even a bit sneaky? This forum isn't averse to an overreaction, but you know you're not exactly on the moral highground here, surely?

Yeah for sure Nemo - you're dead on. Apart from I know I was being sneaky (a very polite word to use, btw).

I'll probably think about why I posted it for a while and then go back to trying to post less, maybe successfully and maybe unsuccessfully.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #8109 on: Monday, June 28, 2021, 11:35:16 »

Instead of thinking about why you posted it why don't you just think about doing a fucking test?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #8110 on: Monday, June 28, 2021, 11:43:16 »

We're told the vaccine is effective and continues to be effective against known variants, all the high risk and vulnerable groups are pretty much double dosed so I think that takes the moral angle away somewhat personally.  

Ultimately it's not surprising it seems a bit half arsed, the country is going back to normal in 3 weeks as there are no legitimate reasons for further delays so all this will be ignored thereafter as there will no longer be any legal restrictions.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #8111 on: Monday, June 28, 2021, 11:49:22 »

The virus doesn't know that.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #8112 on: Monday, June 28, 2021, 11:50:21 »

Why is it fine to book events with certainty if you’re double vaccinated, but not if you have to rely on a negative test?

Things get better but they never get good
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8113 on: Monday, June 28, 2021, 11:58:04 »

Quote from: Bogus Dave
Why is it fine to book events with certainty if you’re double vaccinated, but not if you have to rely on a negative test?

because it's harder to fake double vaccinated status
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #8114 on: Monday, June 28, 2021, 12:05:05 »

But morally,

There was a lot of outrage at the start of spring when the idea was floated that once people have been double vaccinated they can do as they please. Argument being society has stopped to protect the elderly, and to let those elderly get back to normal would be hugely unfair

If you haven’t been double vaccinated but want to go to an event you can’t guarantee your ability to attend until days before, so you could be risking huge sums of money on tickets and events you can’t attend. How is that fair?? We know you can still contract and spread the virus despite being vaccinated

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: 1 ... 538 539 540 [541] 542 543 544 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: