Pages: 1 ... 534 535 536 [537] 538 539 540 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1200749 times)
Panda Paws

« Reply #8040 on: Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 07:37:42 »

Very easy for those in a position of privilege (me included) that can carry on as if very little has changed to basically say "suck it up, it's only another 4 weeks".

Sure, I can still work. Me and the missus can still go out for dinner. Fine. But millions of people are literally banned from working, or restricted in such a way it's impossible to make money, for something that has a proven preventative measure and all those most vulnerable to it are protected, if they want to be.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #8041 on: Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 07:56:31 »

Go and ask a wedding photographer, or a DJ, or a set builder, or cabin crew, or a musician, or a publican etc etc etc...

Totally get what you mean, but bizarrely weddings appear to be fair game from 21st June according to the news last night.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Panda Paws

« Reply #8042 on: Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 08:02:12 »

Totally get what you mean, but bizarrely weddings appear to be fair game from 21st June according to the news last night.

Nope - still heavily restricted and if anything, couples are in a tougher spot than before in terms of the decision to proceed or not. My brother in law is meant to be getting married July 3 - this is their 3rd attempt. Still hugely restricted in how they can celebrate.

I'm not one to compare x and y - it should all be allowed at this point - but a sickener that they can't have a drinks reception yet 11k at Wimbledon the same day. Madness.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #8043 on: Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 08:04:44 »

Nope - still heavily restricted and if anything, couples are in a tougher spot than before in terms of the decision to proceed or not. My brother in law is meant to be getting married July 3 - this is their 3rd attempt. Still hugely restricted in how they can celebrate.

I'm not one to compare x and y - it should all be allowed at this point - but a sickener that they can't have a drinks reception yet 11k at Wimbledon the same day. Madness.

That's odd then because on the news last night they broke the news to a couple who were due to get married in a few weeks with 140 guests and they told them they can still get married, although social distancing rules would have to apply which makes things tough I imagine!

The Wimbledon thing just sounds plain wrong. Far too many inconsistencies.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Panda Paws

« Reply #8044 on: Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 08:09:08 »

That's odd then because on the news last night they broke the news to a couple who were due to get married in a few weeks with 140 guests and they told them they can still get married, although social distancing rules would have to apply which makes things tough I imagine!

The Wimbledon thing just sounds plain wrong. Far too many inconsistencies.

They can still get married. They've always been able to get married.

They're still extremely restricted in how they can celebrate though.

No drinks reception. No dancing. Masks during the ceremony. No bar.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #8045 on: Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 08:14:45 »

Sounds like a fun way to celebrate, no dancing, you can’t make this up at times

All because there are still more hospitals in this country than actual people in hospital with COVID (can’t find source of that statistic now)
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #8046 on: Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 08:16:47 »

They can still get married. They've always been able to get married.

They're still extremely restricted in how they can celebrate though.

No drinks reception. No dancing. Masks during the ceremony. No bar.

Ah got you now. I assume that the people they interviewed were happy to go along with that then. Doesn't sound a lot of fun, I don't think I would have bothered given those restrictions, perhaps these 2 just wanted to get on TV!

Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #8047 on: Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 08:41:29 »

Did the laughable phrase 'Freedom Day' come from the Government or it is some media slop?

I come from a land down-under
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #8048 on: Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 09:56:55 »

Things are getting scary out there, very Trumpian!

https://twitter.com/ourmindsnoturs/status/1404519083622776833
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #8049 on: Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 12:40:58 »

Things are getting scary out there, very Trumpian!

https://twitter.com/ourmindsnoturs/status/1404519083622776833
I couldn't make out who was getting hounded and why

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Flashheart

« Reply #8050 on: Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 12:43:47 »

I couldn't make out who was getting hounded and why

Me neither.

But whatever was going on, the police just stood by and watched.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8051 on: Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 12:46:35 »

what's that all about. A BBC journo? what did he do/say?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #8052 on: Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 12:47:30 »

Nick Watt, BBC journalist on Newsnight.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8053 on: Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 13:05:02 »

Ah right... Fuckwits on the rampage now:

Video footage posted online shows demonstrators filming and haranging Newsnight political editor Nicholas Watt on Monday.

Watt was forced to run past anti-lockdown protesters as they shouted "traitor" at him and accused him of "lying" about lockdowns being legal.

The crowd had gathered on Monday to oppose the government's decision to delay the final stage of the roadmap out of lockdown by four weeks, amid rising cases of the Delta variant.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8054 on: Wednesday, June 16, 2021, 09:10:51 »

,"Covid vaccinations are to become compulsory for staff in care homes for older people in England,"

Part of me thinks it's outrageous, part of me thinks it's entirely reasonable.

I'm not for compulsory vaccination. I don't have a problem with restrictions with those who decide not to have one.

This just seems like a step too far

But old people have the right to be protected too
Pages: 1 ... 534 535 536 [537] 538 539 540 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: