Pages: 1 ... 509 510 511 [512] 513 514 515 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1203754 times)

Ignore
« Reply #7665 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 16:08:00 »

I just want to have the bloody vaccine asap.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #7666 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 16:13:22 »

Got my first jab this week - in the Garden Centre section of s dodgy Walmart.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7667 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 17:42:33 »

you are Groot
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7668 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 18:10:18 »

I may heave dreamt this but I thought the vaccine was just a tweaked version of an existing one.
There isn't one vaccine, there are several. AZ uses a long established vaccine technology (which may be what you're thinking of) but is an entirely new vaccine, same with the Johnstone and Johsntone one and the Chinese one. Moderna and Pfizer also use a new delivery mechanism, MRNA, which has been about a decade in development but one of the benefits of COVID is that it finally provided the incentive and the funds to finish off the development as MRNA could open the doors to some real breaktrhoughs in other areas of medical science as well.

The Russian Sputnik-V vaccine is just crushed up twigs and reindeer piss.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #7669 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 18:26:07 »

We don't know that. It's not yet proven that the vaccines stop transmission, which is very different from being able to say definitively that they don't stop transmission. From what I have read and heard the expectation is that once studies have been more fully completed, the evidence is likely to show that at the very least all the vaccines significantly hamper transmission, if not halt it outright. Unless you've read something more recent than I have that definitively shows one way or the other, in which case I defer to your more diligent reading.
I heard it from an epidemiologist on BBC R2 the other day, he essentially said there are no data at the moment to show the vaccine prevents transmission.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7670 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 21:14:00 »

I heard it from an epidemiologist on BBC R2 the other day, he essentially said there are no data at the moment to show the vaccine prevents transmission.
Yes, that's what I said. No data to show it prevents transmission means just that - it may do, it may not, we don't have sufficient data yet to show it does or doesn't either way.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #7671 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 21:42:22 »

I fucking hate Boris and this govt and they have mostly fucked up on COVID, but fuck me they have done a brilliant job with the vaccinations.

That will our wonderful NHS to take credit for, the government has been a shambles throughout the pandemic.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7672 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 21:44:12 »

That will our wonderful NHS to take credit for, the government has been a shambles throughout the pandemic.
TBF I think the govt does have to take credit for making the right decision to entrust the vaccination programme to the NHS rather than privatising it as they did with the Track and Trace shambles
Hunk

« Reply #7673 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 21:56:08 »

Surely the government are the ones who procured the vaccines in the first place, as well as facilitating their development?
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #7674 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 22:19:29 »

With the challenges now facing Europe with a 3rd wave and lockdowns reintroduced. Are any of you prepared to faced another lockdown here in the UK?

I mean mentally prepared to go through all of the closers and ‘stay at home’ issues again.
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #7675 on: Friday, March 26, 2021, 09:26:59 »

I just want to have the bloody vaccine asap.

You’ll feel shit for a couple of days.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #7676 on: Friday, March 26, 2021, 09:33:37 »

The wife had her vaccine on Wednesday midday. By the evening she couldn't stop shivering in bed and then yesterday woke up to a massive headache so spent the day in bed. I think she's pretty much back to full fitness today but has a sore arm now, that's pretty much all.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #7677 on: Friday, March 26, 2021, 09:47:32 »

Surely the government are the ones who procured the vaccines in the first place, as well as facilitating their development?

Don't let logic get in the way of a blinkered moan  Wink
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7678 on: Friday, March 26, 2021, 11:47:06 »

With the challenges now facing Europe with a 3rd wave and lockdowns reintroduced. Are any of you prepared to faced another lockdown here in the UK?

I mean mentally prepared to go through all of the closers and ‘stay at home’ issues again.
Don't know if I'm mentally prepared for it, but I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see it happen again. Very much hoping it won't be necessary though, hopefully we won't be as cavalier in opening up this summer as we were last summer.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7679 on: Friday, March 26, 2021, 11:48:00 »

I had mine on Monday and felt fine, no side-effects at all. Although the signal on my phone's improved enormously
Pages: 1 ... 509 510 511 [512] 513 514 515 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: