Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Favourite/Least Favourite Stadium to visit (doesn't have to be football)..  (Read 23669 times)
adje

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, December 16, 2021, 20:05:24 »

Gillingham is without doubt the worst away end in the entire country

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
adje

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, December 16, 2021, 20:08:37 »

Love Leyton Orient and ,maybe bizarrely,Crawley

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, December 16, 2021, 20:11:10 »

I don't think so as I used to regularly see it at the abbey stadium on race night and it was a distinctive yellow with red sign writing😀

So, give no fucks
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, December 16, 2021, 20:50:30 »

Second this. Make do scaffold stand. Shameful.

Now, ain't that just like me?
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, December 16, 2021, 20:52:55 »

Best and worst is the new lawn at the vegans

When they got promoted they had some decent catering and a beer tent, plus it's just up the road.  Only downside was the traffic on way out

Now that's all gone, (apart from the traffic) not even a pot to piss into for away fans during the 45 min wait to get in and fuck all else around it.   Over sold too so you can't even see the pitch.

Nailsworth is worth a visit, but avoid the ground.   

Morecambe is a shithole but ground looks after away fans - will go there again.

Any chap wanting to score points with a lady should visit Egypt Mill at Nailsworth. Recommend.

Now, ain't that just like me?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, December 16, 2021, 20:53:12 »

Similar to Eastville where the stones would come over the top

So, give no fucks
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, December 17, 2021, 08:18:40 »

Even if I ignore our shite form there, new Wembley is bloody terrible. Getting there is alright, everyone gets a good view unobstructed which is nice and I dont ever remember queuing for the bogs there, that's about it for good points.

Atmosphere is always shit because acoustic design is not a thing to Australians apparently, and although you can physically see you're so far away from the pitch you might as well not be there (or bring some opera glasses). Every decision that was made in it makes football and it's fans play second fiddle to everything else in classic FA prawn sandwich brigade manner so fuck that.

And yet I go every time. Roll Eyes
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Friday, December 17, 2021, 14:01:19 »

Loftus Road and White Hart Lane are up there with favourites along with twin Towers Wemberley.
I have also been to the homes of Denver Bronco's- Mile High Stadium and Seattle Seahawks- Lumen Field (NFL), San Francisco Giants- Candlestick/ Oracle Park and Seattle Mariners- T-Mobile Park (MLB) and Memphis Redbirds (Minor league B/Ball). The yanks really do know how to put on a show.

Least favourite start with the current atrocity that is called Wembley but really isn't. To that I will add Adams Park as a proper nightmare to leave, The Kassham (just because), Colchester's soulless hole, Palaces place just because of access, though I have had a couple of reasonable in stadium experiences and a few more of the recent flat pack stadia.

I sometimes think that the older and shittier the ground, the better the experience because it is close, tight and has atmosphere.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Friday, December 17, 2021, 14:17:59 »

Loftus Road and White Hart Lane are up there with favourites along with twin Towers Wemberley.
I have also been to the homes of Denver Bronco's- Mile High Stadium and Seattle Seahawks- Lumen Field (NFL), San Francisco Giants- Candlestick/ Oracle Park and Seattle Mariners- T-Mobile Park (MLB) and Memphis Redbirds (Minor league B/Ball). The yanks really do know how to put on a show.

Least favourite start with the current atrocity that is called Wembley but really isn't. To that I will add Adams Park as a proper nightmare to leave, The Kassham (just because), Colchester's soulless hole, Palaces place just because of access, though I have had a couple of reasonable in stadium experiences and a few more of the recent flat pack stadia.

I sometimes think that the older and shittier the ground, the better the experience because it is close, tight and has atmosphere.
I was once up in the 'nose bleed' seats behind the goal opposite the Bronco at Mile High. The 'noise' sign started flashing to cue crowd noise. Everyone started screaming and stamping their feet. I was in the very top row seats which all started to shake like mad! It was like being at the top of a rollercoaster as the initial drop is starting! Scary as hell (for someone who doesnt like heights or rollercoasters!).....

...But yes, the Americans know how to do stadia! Even Memorial (old home for the Baltimore Colts) that was considered old and no longer good enough (when the CFL Colts played there ahead of the Cleveland Browns becoming the Baltimore Ravens and moving to Camden Yards) was better than most of the best UK stadia.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, December 17, 2021, 15:44:05 »

I was once up in the 'nose bleed' seats behind the goal opposite the Bronco at Mile High. The 'noise' sign started flashing to cue crowd noise. Everyone started screaming and stamping their feet. I was in the very top row seats which all started to shake like mad! It was like being at the top of a rollercoaster as the initial drop is starting! Scary as hell (for someone who doesnt like heights or rollercoasters!).....

...But yes, the Americans know how to do stadia! Even Memorial (old home for the Baltimore Colts) that was considered old and no longer good enough (when the CFL Colts played there ahead of the Cleveland Browns becoming the Baltimore Ravens and moving to Camden Yards) was better than most of the best UK stadia. 

We were up in the gods at mile High as well. Felt like we were close enough to touch the underside of the F18 Hornets doing the pre game overflight tribute.

I didn't get the noise thing at first but soon realised it was during the opposition offence possessions- making it hard for the quarterback to get his play calls across to the rest of the team.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Friday, December 17, 2021, 15:55:35 »

The shit hole that was Withdean was a bit special!  Complete with wanky stewards...

Clems Army!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Friday, December 17, 2021, 16:53:27 »

Quote from: THE FLASH
The shit hole that was Withdean was a bit special!  Complete with wanky stewards...

I had wiped there and Gillingham from my mind..

they are worthy of contendinf for the shithole cup, as is FGR
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Friday, December 17, 2021, 17:01:52 »

Not sure about that.  You can see all of the pitch which you can't at (even an empty) Barrow. 
At Sutton you sit below pitch level!
 I'd also suggest the Stratton bank is worse than the scaffolding at the pikies as at least the facilities are decent for an away end.

Gillingham however is the floater amongst all shitholes.   Awful place, another one I'd happily not go back to.
« Last Edit: Friday, December 17, 2021, 18:02:07 by Pookemon » Logged
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Friday, December 17, 2021, 18:35:27 »

Layer Road on a Friday night was grim, we got beat 4-0 and had the coach bricked after the game and had to put up with a broken window in mid winter all the way to Heston services before the coach was swapped.

So, give no fucks
china red

« Reply #59 on: Friday, December 17, 2021, 19:42:17 »

Elland Road for me, being 6ft 3 there was an uncomfortable amount of leg room in the seats
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: