Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 ... 64   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Play off final tickets  (Read 191341 times)
kerry red

« Reply #825 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 13:54:51 »

I think the poor ticket sales (To day trippers, not fans) shows the general apathy of the Town towards the football club. There's definitely work that could be done to improve it, but it needs to come from the club and at the moment that's the one area I feel Power hasn't got to grips with. If only Cooper spoke with an Italian accent and was prone to tantrums.....
But just what else can a football club do above playing attractive football and with a trip to Wembley has to be seen as a successful season.

There's not much wrong with the product that's for sure.

I'd hazard a guess that the PdC season (or half season) didn't see our average gate much above what it was last season or this.

Getting to the Championship will see a smallish increase in home support, with the higher visitor numbers probably giving an average of 10-10,500.

We are what we are and no amount of handwringing will change things.

Just enjoy supporting your club - all the other, peripheral, stuff is bollocks.
Wessex Warrior

« Reply #826 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 13:58:43 »

So I could have got the seats I wanted if I'd waited until now.  What an utter load of crap.  Considering my tickets haven't turned up yet, I wonder if I could change them..........!

Also Preston tickets have only gone on general sale today, so I don't understand why ours have been taken off.  Do they use a different ticket agent?

They are using an agency called Seemaster. 'Only' charge £1.50 for postage apparently. You can only imagine the phuck-ups if both clubs had used the same spivs I mean ticket agency.

Ignore
« Reply #827 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 14:01:32 »

People are reading far more into it than they need to. The only thing the club could do is maybe have employed a big name like di canio but we all know how that went. That loon did attract people I'm sure but isn't key this time.
I don't think it has much to do with the lack of £30 tickets either. Not one person has given me that as their excuse for not going.
It's to do with the lack of trains and the previous shitty visits. Nothing more. At least that is what everyone I've spoken to has said and these are my reasons too. People know what to expect at Wembley and frankly don't think it's worth it.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #828 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 14:11:30 »

If it makes you feel better, I order some on Monday afternoon and they arrived this morning
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #829 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 14:11:59 »

Haven't you just answered your own question?  Owing to a policy of managed decline for Swindon town centre over the last 20 years or so, people tend not to go there any more unless they absolutely have to.  It was all rather different in the 1980s and before when the place served as a genuine hub for the whole of the town, and beyond.
I never asked a question, merely made a statement!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #830 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 14:26:38 »

I never asked a question, merely made a statement!

Fair enough.  I was just pointing out that maybe the reason the town centre isn't decked out in bunting like Charles & Di are about to get married is that no bugger goes there any more.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #831 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 14:30:10 »

They are using an agency called Seemaster. 'Only' charge £1.50 for postage apparently. You can only imagine the phuck-ups if both clubs had used the same spivs I mean ticket agency.

I thought it was See Tickets, who (I believe) are a part of the ticketmaster family..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #832 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 14:40:30 »

The offer delivery or collection i belive but the delivery costs are £6.50.
I am also waiting for my tickets that's a week now.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #833 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 14:55:16 »

The offer delivery or collection i belive but the delivery costs are £6.50.
I am also waiting for my tickets that's a week now.

No tickets here as well.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #834 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 15:10:42 »

Find a big space.

You cheeky cunt!!

Clap

Clems Army!
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #835 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 15:25:40 »

Fair enough.  I was just pointing out that maybe the reason the town centre isn't decked out in bunting like Charles & Di are about to get married is that no bugger goes there any more.
You could well be right, but I would have thought a quick conversation between the club and the town centre management could have led to a few flags and bunting strategically placed - it s as fi the town centre - and the residents - couldn't give a shit . . . and I guess they probably don't!!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #836 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 15:27:10 »

I'm on that one i believe, there is a few of us getting off at Salisbury, I'm not doubting you just myself now I'll check when i get home but I'm certain it's the Exeter train were getting.
Yeah looking again it is the 9.15 that is the Exeter train (I was looking at the one after that by mistake which takes 8 hours!), but thats £61 each for 3 of us, so thats £183 and then still gotta pay for travelcard when up there and I still have to drive to Crewkerne/Yeovil/Axminster (15 to 25 miles depending) to get to the station and I can drive it for £30 there and back.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #837 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 16:10:37 »

Yeah looking again it is the 9.15 that is the Exeter train (I was looking at the one after that by mistake which takes 8 hours!), but thats £61 each for 3 of us, so thats £183 and then still gotta pay for travelcard when up there and I still have to drive to Crewkerne/Yeovil/Axminster (15 to 25 miles depending) to get to the station and I can drive it for £30 there and back.

I bought our tickets on southwest trains website, they claim any southwest to southwest station £12 return, you may want to look at that. I know it's more than your car will cost but that way even more of us will be getting the same train. But of a sing song few ciders t the ideal warm up for the pub  Beers Pint Beers Pint
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #838 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 16:12:20 »

I bought our tickets on southwest trains website, they claim any southwest to southwest station £12 return, you may want to look at that. I know it's more than your car will cost but that way even more of us will be getting the same train. But of a sing song few ciders t the ideal warm up for the pub  Beers Pint Beers Pint
I did look mate, thats only on the Southampton/Bournemouth/Weymouth line and not the Exeter one.

Not sure why though cos it is a SWT train that we would catch, go on trainline and see, it seems to end around Salisbury, from there on down its full price...Sherborne, Yeovil, Crewkerne, Axminster...doesnt make sense. All those are £55+
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 16:20:57 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
skiptotheLouMacari

Ignore
« Reply #839 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, 16:17:42 »

I did look mate, thats only on the Southampton/Bournemouth/Weymouth line and not the Exeter one.

That's shit bud sorry to hear that, they are very misleading then as it states all routes on their line. Is just typical of our predicament for these playoffs, as if nobody wants us to progress. So it's not just the football league full of shit  What the fuck? Harsh Funny Harsh Funny
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 ... 64   Go Up
Print
Jump to: