Pages: 1 ... 850 851 852 [853] 854 855 856 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1996084 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #12780 on: Friday, May 5, 2023, 09:35:55 »

Fun fact: since 2019, there have been more Conservative MPs convicted of sex offences than there have been people convicted of voter fraud.

And considerably more people have been fined for illegally partying in No 10 Downing Street during the Covid lockdown than there have been people convicted of voter fraud.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #12781 on: Friday, May 5, 2023, 09:46:54 »

I know the ID thing was talked about in the States where Voter Fraud is constantly peddled, (usually whenever the Republicans lose the election) our area didn't have a vote this time as our council has recently been adjusted and I can kind of see why ID might be needed, but reading about the small number of cases on here, and the issues that people are having with ID, it does seem somewhat pointless.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #12782 on: Friday, May 5, 2023, 09:49:44 »

I know the ID thing was talked about in the States where Voter Fraud is constantly peddled, (usually whenever the Republicans lose the election) our area didn't have a vote this time as our council has recently been adjusted and I can kind of see why ID might be needed, but reading about the small number of cases on here, and the issues that people are having with ID, it does seem somewhat pointless.

Rather depends on what the point was.....
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #12783 on: Friday, May 5, 2023, 09:53:09 »

Rather depends on what the point was.....

To alienate people that can't/don't have ID? I genuinely have no idea so I'm guessing and haven't done any research so I'm really shooting fish in a barrel. (not even sure if that's the right phrase either!)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #12784 on: Friday, May 5, 2023, 10:25:46 »

It’s the first step, the end goal is you have to be a Tory party member to vote 😉
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #12785 on: Friday, May 5, 2023, 10:28:35 »

It’s the first step, the end goal is you have to be a Tory party member to vote 😉

Well, that was how we got the last two Prime Ministers. Didn't that go well!
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #12786 on: Friday, May 5, 2023, 10:49:22 »

Fun fact: since 2019, there have been more Conservative MPs convicted of sex offences than there have been people convicted of voter fraud.

Rancid party, rancid people.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12787 on: Friday, May 5, 2023, 12:02:50 »

The Tory party are getting destroyed in the locals so far.
Renard (SBC council leader) just lost his seat!

Good that we got the ground purchase in before mind.
« Last Edit: Friday, May 5, 2023, 12:06:06 by Batch » Logged
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #12788 on: Friday, May 5, 2023, 12:12:27 »

Terrorists blowing themselves up with their own suicide vests?

It seems that, despite the comparative leniency shown towards them in terms of I.D., it is elderly voters who have in practice failed to be accepted for voting at the Polling Stations. The ones more inclined towards the Tories and Brexit.

Next step may be for Labour to "even things up" and insist on photo I.D. from the elderly - as for everyone else.

Whoever believed that "taking back control" would be for the benefit of we plebs?

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #12789 on: Friday, May 5, 2023, 12:22:12 »

Terrorists blowing themselves up with their own suicide vests?

It seems that, despite the comparative leniency shown towards them in terms of I.D., it is elderly voters who have in practice failed to be accepted for voting at the Polling Stations. The ones more inclined towards the Tories and Brexit.

Next step may be for Labour to "even things up" and insist on photo I.D. from the elderly - as for everyone else.

Whoever believed that "taking back control" would be for the benefit of we plebs?

This is quite an interesting piece https://bylinetimes.com/2023/05/05/local-elections-rishi-sunak-falls-victim-to-his-own-war-on-woke/

For whatever reason they just seem to have totally dropped the ball and are concentrating their efforts on things that the vast majority of the public are not that bothered about whilst ignoring the shit that people are worried about.

Think these things are generally cyclical and 13 odd years seems to be becoming about as long as any party can stay in power. The fun will start if Labour win next year and will have at their fingertips all the parliamentary and scrutiny dodging mechanisms that the present government have managed to put in place, cue mighty wailing from the right.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #12790 on: Friday, May 5, 2023, 12:34:54 »

Looks like change is afoot for Swindon after nigh on 20 years.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #12791 on: Friday, May 5, 2023, 12:38:48 »

Confirmed that Swindon is now Labour

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #12792 on: Friday, May 5, 2023, 12:42:33 »

Mr smug David Renard won't be happy

* IMG_4705.JPG (51.73 KB, 720x415 - viewed 40 times.)

* IMG_4706.PNG (130.76 KB, 1198x810 - viewed 31 times.)
« Last Edit: Friday, May 5, 2023, 14:22:07 by Jimmy QuitMoaning » Logged

So, give no fucks
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #12793 on: Friday, May 5, 2023, 12:46:32 »

This is quite an interesting piece https://bylinetimes.com/2023/05/05/local-elections-rishi-sunak-falls-victim-to-his-own-war-on-woke/

For whatever reason they just seem to have totally dropped the ball and are concentrating their efforts on things that the vast majority of the public are not that bothered about whilst ignoring the shit that people are worried about.

Think these things are generally cyclical and 13 odd years seems to be becoming about as long as any party can stay in power. The fun will start if Labour win next year and will have at their fingertips all the parliamentary and scrutiny dodging mechanisms that the present government have managed to put in place, cue mighty wailing from the right.

There was a Tory rep on the news just now listing their priorities for government, and 'stop the boats' got a mention - as it often does these days.  I'd be really interested to know the % of people out there that this resonates with.  Leaving aside all the arguments around opening safe, legal routes so that no-one would need to cross in a dinghy - is this really high up on anyone's list during a cost of living crisis and a period in which public services are disintegrating before our eyes?

'Stop the boats' and 'war on woke' are the bastard children of Brexit.  They mean fuck all, but it's all that's left.  Get these people gone.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12794 on: Friday, May 5, 2023, 13:00:48 »

Mr smug David Renard won't be happy

"They must be OK with what we are doing, they keep voting for us"

Also that twit Daniel Adams a couple of years ago "every time we have a vote, Labour lose seats"

(or similar)

Maybe, just maybe this is the beginning of the end for shitest Tory party ever. The start of a reset point
Pages: 1 ... 850 851 852 [853] 854 855 856 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: