Pages: 1 ... 764 765 766 [767] 768 769 770 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1995848 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #11490 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2021, 12:31:59 »

Con (+5)

Things get better but they never get good
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #11491 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2021, 12:39:43 »

Con (+5)
Quite. People laughed when Trump said he could gun someone down on 5th Ave and his base would still vote for him. That's where we are as a country. They've killed 150,000 people, stolen billions and people just shrug it off
Flashheart

« Reply #11492 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2021, 12:39:48 »

Con (+5)

I can get why a lot of people don't want to vote for labour.

I don't get why so many are willing to vote for the Tories. It's not a dichotomy.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #11493 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2021, 12:42:27 »

I can get why a lot of people don't want to vote for labour.

I don't get why so many are willing to vote for the Tories. It's not a dichotomy.

Most people don't vote for them but the right wing side of UK Politics has only really had another party for protesting ahead of the Brexit vote and even then they didn't vote for them in GE's.  I see the impact of two party politics here, so you'd want to avoid that.  A second Right Wing party would be useful and some form of PR.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #11494 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2021, 12:47:50 »

'Normal' rules no longer apply.  Politics is tribal now, just like football.  It shouldn't be, but it is.  Johnson won't give a shit.  The fact he's a complete fucking Charlatan is already priced in fully.  There is nothing new here.

I did find it tragically amusing earlier to hear Cummings lamenting a political system that offered up a tawdry choice between Johnson and Corbyn.  No mention, of course, of his own role in the campaign (Vote Leave) that ultimately ushered in the era of populist politics in which these people became electable.

Thousands of people are dead now as a result of 'Get Brexit Done'.  Sad to say, but the public voted for this shitfest.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #11495 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2021, 12:53:27 »

As the saying goes "In a democracy, the people get the government they deserve"
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #11496 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2021, 12:55:05 »

What does not sit easy with me is that for the last x amount of years we have been told not to listen or believe a word Cummings ever says but now everything he says must be true to a lot of people... That said there is nothing he has said where you would doubt it is there
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #11497 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2021, 12:56:29 »

What does not sit easy with me is that for the last x amount of years we have been told not to listen or believe a word Cummings ever says but now everything he says must be true to a lot of people... That said there is nothing he has said where you would doubt it is there

That one very much cuts both ways! Plenty of side switching, I'm sure plenty of the tory ministers and MPs sent out to defend him post Barnard Castle are a) seething and b) tweeting from a different hymn sheet today!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #11498 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2021, 13:00:11 »

I don't doubt a word of what he says about others, but I do doubt he has any idea how to point the finger back at himself.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #11499 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2021, 13:05:58 »

That one very much cuts both ways! Plenty of side switching, I'm sure plenty of the tory ministers and MPs sent out to defend him post Barnard Castle are a) seething and b) tweeting from a different hymn sheet today!
Very true
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #11500 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2021, 13:14:53 »

his Barnard Castle jaunt excuses were a total crock of shit.

What he is saying today is believable, simply because adds colour to what many said at the time.

Think it's, Johnson will just pooh-poo it and defer it all to the enquiry, where it will be downplayed and glossed over because we should hopefully be in a better place with Covid
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #11501 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2021, 13:31:16 »

Popcorn
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #11502 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2021, 14:22:40 »

What does not sit easy with me is that for the last x amount of years we have been told not to listen or believe a word Cummings ever says but now everything he says must be true to a lot of people.
Not at all, most of what he is now saying he is only confirming what was already out there but largely ignored. For example, the discharging of the elderly from COVID wards back into care homes untested which led to thousands of unnecessary deaths was reported at the time, just ignored and dismissed. Most of his claims are quite easily tested - ask the senior civil servants and other officials involved, there's plenty of them.

But there's still plenty of self-serving lies in what he is saying today, glosses over his own malicious actions quite conveniently and seems to be blaming Hancock and Johnson for everything, whereas, for example, Sunak and Gove are balls-deep in all of this too.

That said there is nothing he has said where you would doubt it is there
Well quite.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #11503 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2021, 15:06:28 »

I wonder what bills or legislation the Government in situ are trying to pass through this week under the screen of "pooh-poohing" Dom 'Where's me glasses' Cummings?  Hmmm

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #11504 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2021, 17:50:43 »

Not at all, most of what he is now saying he is only confirming what was already out there but largely ignored. For example, the discharging of the elderly from COVID wards back into care homes untested which led to thousands of unnecessary deaths was reported at the time, just ignored and dismissed. Most of his claims are quite easily tested - ask the senior civil servants and other officials involved, there's plenty of them.

But there's still plenty of self-serving lies in what he is saying today, glosses over his own malicious actions quite conveniently and seems to be blaming Hancock and Johnson for everything, whereas, for example, Sunak and Gove are balls-deep in all of this too.
Well quite.
Not at all to you no but there are alot of people who are now using his words as gospel when they didn't believe a word he said this time last year.
Pages: 1 ... 764 765 766 [767] 768 769 770 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: