Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1996746 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 16:47:42 »

And Cameron, Clegg, Milliband, Bennett the list goes on, not sure when you would get to someone who didn't meet this criteria!

Politics as it stands in this country is somewhat dominated by 'White posh twat'

Bennett is Australian, is it even possible to be Australian and posh?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 16:58:59 »

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 17:02:06 »

I assume she is a British Citizen now anyway?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 17:34:43 »

Perhaps, but all other forms of protest are toothless and I refuse to vote for another goon who doesn't do anything worth remembering.

If they were to somehow end up having a say in our country (or maybe come close) it might fuck some shit up and cause some actual passion to emerge from people. We might grow some balls and start to stand up for ourselves (as a populace, en masse).

Shit isn't good and we all rollover and continue to vindicate this broken system. You can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs.
I get that. And I'm struggling to suggest a decent alternative tbh as I share your despair at the current establishment, all different shades of the same shite. But I struggle more with the concept that despairing of the establishment would lead me to vote for a rabble of racist bigots with barely a coherent thought between them.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 17:41:39 »

I get that. And I'm struggling to suggest a decent alternative tbh as I share your despair at the current establishment, all different shades of the same shite. But I struggle more with the concept that despairing of the establishment would lead me to vote for a rabble of racist bigots with barely a coherent thought between them.

But they are asking the questions no-one else is. Such as what happens when we run out of renewable energy...

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
london_red

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #230 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 18:11:57 »

As people have said, there's no appealing options regardless of where you sit on the political spectrum.

Complacency, and far too many vested interests have resulted in a number of shades of the same shite.

The Tories may be backed by big business but Labour as they currently are are no better - they're just in different people's pockets.

This lot are too small and unknown to be a legitimate option (yet) - I think they might have candidates standing in two constituencies?

http://www.yppuk.org/p/manifesto.html?m=1

But their values seem closest to my own, personally.

Progressive, different policies that get at the heart of what has driven inequality between rich and poor, and a headline policy that seems fair as well as economically stimulative? Not something I've seen from any of the established parties.
kerry red

« Reply #231 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 18:18:28 »

But they are asking the questions no-one else is. Such as what happens when we run out of renewable energy...

Surely, the point of renewable energy is that it doesn't run out
Amir

« Reply #232 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 18:24:42 »

Henceforth, no one else is asking that question...
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 18:26:06 »

I dearly hope you are playing along but for completeness....

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/ukip-candidate-victoria-ayling-asks-in-meeting-what-happens-when-renewable-energy-runs-out-10057008.html
Barry Scott

« Reply #234 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 19:31:47 »

I understand where you're coming from, but voting the same way has achieved nothing. Something has to change and it'll only change by doing something drastic. Besides, do you actually think they could ever get into power? And if they did get in, do you not in anyway think that being racist and bigoted wouldn't cause some sort of uprising, the like of which we need?*

Actually, typing that makes me realise nothing would change. People will still moan about their neighbour who drives a BMW, because they don't, and will still watch X-Factor and spend their lives on Facebook debating soap operas.

*In all honestly, why, unlike every party since the dawn of time, would they actually follow through on any policies? I can't imagine business would allow them to do anything that harms their interests and I sadly don't think anything would change.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 19:43:52 »

Anyone who votes UKIP, however they justify it to themselves, is a fucking idiot at best.

It's All Good..............
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 19:47:44 »

Herthab for PM.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #237 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 20:03:41 »

Anyone who votes UKIP, however they justify it to themselves, is a fucking idiot at best.

I'm a fucking idiot at best
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 20:30:01 »

I am effectively disenfranchised.  Live in a safe Tory seat, and do not intend to vote Tory.  Under the current First Past the Post (FPTP) voting system, my vote is therefore worthless.  I might as save myself the bother going to the polling station, because my vote will change nothing (other than to improve the turnout figure.)

For that reason alone, I am giving serious thought to the possibility that I might not vote at all this time around - which would be a first for me.  To vote would be to lend support to the current voting system, which I do not approve of.  I'm politically interested...always have been.  So it depresses me that I feel this way.  But I do.
Barry Scott

« Reply #239 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 20:32:37 »

This post helps show exactly my motivation for voting UKIP. If it makes you angry, hopefully it makes countless others angry. Then, if they somehow ended up getting to have a say in our lives, maybe people can get really angry, wake the fuck up and actually do something.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: