Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1995387 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 10:00:50 »

The Greens do have some people who are competent with numbers, it's just that Bennett isn't one of them. I really don't know why she's the leader to be honest, she's pretty regularly a poor media performer.

Molly Scott Cato is a Green MEP and is an economics lecturer, so I'm presuming she can at least add up.
Barry Scott

« Reply #211 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 10:20:00 »

And anyone thinking of voting for UKIP should watch the BBC "Meet The Ukippers" documentary that was on the other evening, it was so bad in places it was more like a mockumentary than the real thing. Nice write up here....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/ukip/11429785/Meet-the-Ukippers-9-slightly-terrifying-things-we-learned.html

That's exactly why I'm voting for them. If lunatics like that vote for them, I'm in. The idea of UKIP having a say in our affairs (if they actually do get to have a say) is highly amusing.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 10:32:33 »

That's exactly why I'm voting for them. If lunatics like that vote for them, I'm in. The idea of UKIP having a say in our affairs (if they actually do get to have a say) is highly amusing.

Yeah, fucking hilarious having racists in charge.

At least the Greens are harmless.

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 11:07:23 »

The green leader is guilty of getting nervous, forgetting things and not being the best orator. That said they would have made calculations etc before coming up with policies. Cameron is a good talker but lies through his teeth. Ukip are idiots. I'm staggered anyone could seriously consider voting for them
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 11:15:35 »

I wouldn't say giving a bunch of clueless lentil knitters any responsibility in running the country is 'harmless'.
That's the problem though, isn't it? The choices on offer to the electorate are very underwhelming:

Conservatives - Sponsored by Big Business, run by Big Business, selfish, arrogant & looking out for themselves. Appeal to businessmen, tax dodging businessmen, rich people who want to be richer and self serving Public school boys.

Labour - Run by someone with all the charisma of a limp lettuce and full of great ideas, but no tangible ways to pay for them. Appeal to middle aged Trade Unionists and working class people who vote Labour because they always vote Labour, like some kind of fucking statement of their roots.

Lib Dems - Not trusted by a large proportion of people for their performance in government and a leader who appears to be Cameron's bitch. Appeal to people who don't want to vote Tory but hate Labour and aren't racist.

UKIP - Racist, bigoted, madder than a box of frogs and dangerous as fuck. Appeal to people who 'don't like coloureds' and those who think that immigrants are the cause for all their problems. (They're not. You are the cause for most of your problems).

Greens - Some great ideas, but let's face it they haven't got a fucking clue. Appeal to sandal wearing, middle-class, right-on bellends. 

I can't for the life of me understand why so many people feel disenfranchised.....

It's All Good..............
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 12:36:44 »

Talk to people from Brighton, where the Greens run the council and have their only sitting MP, and they'll tell you the Greens are far from harmless.  The party is split down the middle between those who are genuine environmentalists and those who are there because they believe in progressive/liberal politics and think that the Greens are the only party that can deliver that.  The result is that local services are in a complete mess.  Unbelievably, the recycling record there is well below the national average.

I simply don't buy the argument that Natalie Bennett's performance in recent interviews is down to being off colour.  I think it demonstrates that she's out of her depth and calls the Greens' competence/ability to govern in to question...which is highly relevant when deciding who to vote for.  I wouldn't go anywhere near them at the moment.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 12:41:47 »

Talk to people from Brighton, where the Greens run the council and have their only sitting MP, and they'll tell you the Greens are far from harmless.  The party is split down the middle between those who are genuine environmentalists and those who are there because they believe in progressive/liberal politics and think that the Greens are the only party that can deliver that.  The result is that local services are in a complete mess.  Unbelievably, the recycling record there is well below the national average.

I simply don't buy the argument that Natalie Bennett's performance in recent interviews is down to being off colour.  I think it demonstrates that she's out of her depth and calls the Greens' competence/ability to govern in to question...which is highly relevant when deciding who to vote for.  I wouldn't go anywhere near them at the moment.

'Harmless' meaning actually not doing any physical harm to people. I'm not saying they're brilliant or even good, just that unlike UKIP they don't have a platform built upon the twin pillars of casual racism and fear.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 13:39:38 »

Agree with all of the above, what is grating a little is it seems to be the same commentators in the media (and being repeated all over my Facebook feed) who slate Farage for being unprofessional and lacking substance who are peddling this idea that its the poor little Greens and people should cut them some slack.

Yes criticise UKIP for what they are, but can we at least have some sort of consistency.
Barry Scott

« Reply #218 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 15:28:29 »

Better to do something that's going to be unsettling and might at least cause a problem. Why fuck about pretending one of the other cunts is the answer? This country is fucked and every one of them is a hateful idiot.

I at least like the idea that if enough people were to do it, it might send out a warning shot across the bow of the establishment. Why do we have to continue to be fucked by the ruling class? Why should we continue to vote for the same old white* posh twats who only care about themselves? It's clearly worked so well for so long... Yeah, lets keep doing that.

*who obviously provide enough soundbites to prove they're definitely not racists
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 16:04:57 »

Why should we continue to vote for the same old white* posh twats who only care about themselves?
You mean like Nigel Farage for example?
Barry Scott

« Reply #220 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 16:13:56 »

Yes. You've slightly missed my point though - Farage is a protest vote. (Although in reading back I suppose that isn't obvious, I'd never want a cunt like that in power.)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 16:33:43 »

Yes. You've slightly missed my point though - Farage is a protest vote.
I did get that. Just a very odd protest - unless you're protesting against immigrants, the EU or the NHS? Because that's mainly what differentiates him from the other old white posh twats.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 16:35:08 »

And Cameron, Clegg, Milliband, Bennett the list goes on, not sure when you would get to someone who didn't meet this criteria!

Politics as it stands in this country is somewhat dominated by 'White posh twat'
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 16:37:28 »

I did get that. Just a very odd protest - unless you're protesting against immigrants, the EU or the NHS? Because that's mainly what differentiates him from the other old white posh twats.

Not sure where one should go with a protest vote, as I would be loathe to give any of the emerging parties a vote as it would only encourage them... possibly a nice local independent candidate who is actually standing for something real....

Or as a friend of mine suggests, just draw a cock on the voting paper... Although I fear that could be misinterpreted as a vote for some of them.
Barry Scott

« Reply #224 on: Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 16:42:16 »

Perhaps, but all other forms of protest are toothless and I refuse to vote for another goon who doesn't do anything worth remembering.

If they were to somehow end up having a say in our country (or maybe come close) it might fuck some shit up and cause some actual passion to emerge from people. We might grow some balls and start to stand up for ourselves (as a populace, en masse).

Shit isn't good and we all rollover and continue to vindicate this broken system. You can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs.

And Cameron, Clegg, Milliband, Bennett the list goes on, not sure when you would get to someone who didn't meet this criteria!

Politics as it stands in this country is somewhat dominated by 'White posh twat'

Exactly.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: