Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1996182 times)
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, December 18, 2014, 20:32:45 »

Please don't! Having had Green local councillors for 10+ plus years up here they are the ultimate one issue party.

UKIP are/were a one issue party and look at them now.  Although I think a lot more people ultimately care more about UKIP one issue than the Green's one.

The next election is going to be quite interesting, there are any number of potential outcomes considering all the possible collation partners if that's what is needed.  This election should have be Labours for the taking but the choice of the 2 Ed's for the top positions is going to cost them I believe.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, December 18, 2014, 20:33:59 »

UKIP will get my vote this time round

I could have seen that coming

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, December 18, 2014, 20:34:42 »

Ukip are truely horrible people. Do a bit of research and you'll see for yourselves. They'd be so much worse than the abominable Tories and that's saying something.
I'll vote Labour as they are the only realistic option, best of a bad bunch.

The biggest problem in my opinion is the population explosion. Worldwide and nationally. That in itself is a major factor in climate change and many other of the world's problems.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, December 18, 2014, 20:58:25 »

So it would have been better for them to hold their ground, refuse to make the concession, not to be a part of the government and to have absolutely zero of their policies implemented? The poorest people in the country would have got shafted even more by the Tories,

It was a hung parliament, the Tories couldn't have done what they wanted carte Blanche.

And yes if it means betraying what you say are your fundamental principles you absolutely should not sell out.

We'll see that a large majority of their voters agree with that comes election day. After that fuckwit clegg will be stood down hopefully.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, December 18, 2014, 21:03:48 »

To be fair to the tories they are the only major party who haven't sold out their fundamental principles. 

They have remained a bunch of absolute cast iron cunts.

Never knowingly overstated.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, December 18, 2014, 21:07:32 »

I would never vote for UKIP, but I do recognise that there is a good reason why they exist.  The other 3 main political parties have, over a period of decades, refused to address an issue that is of great concern to a significant portion of the electorate: net migration.  It is not the concept of migration that many object to, but the numbers involved.  For many years, the main political parties have looked the other way and have refused to consider the issue.  And worse, they have been instrumental in even closing down the debate on the subject (for example Gordon Brown and his 'bigoted woman' comment about Gillian Duffy).

All UKIP is is a vent for the frustrations of millions who needed a voice for their feelings.  Once the other 3 parties do address the issue sensibly - and recognise that having a population policy is not something to be ashamed of - support for UKIP will atrophy.

For the first time in my life, I honestly have no idea who I will vote for in the next election.

Tories...no chance.  My local candidate is an arch-homophobe and Section 28 supporter.

Labour...I could never trust them with the economy, especially while Ed Balls is in a position of influence.  They still don't get what went wrong in the early 2000s.

Lib Dems...used to get my vote, but I'm not sure what they are for any more.

UKIP...single issue party with a fringe that I could never get in to bed with.

And on top of all that, my vote in a FPTP voting system is useless/worthless anyway.  The Tories could put a pantomime horse up for election here, and the horse would win.  Voting is utterly pointless here.  It influences nothing.  There's a part of me that does not feel easy with this, but I may well not even bother voting next time around.
« Last Edit: Thursday, December 18, 2014, 21:10:15 by Ardiles » Logged
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, December 18, 2014, 21:22:12 »

White, working class, ex Labour, ex Union card carrying member and non skilled. Nobody speaks for the real working class anymore.

UKIP will get my vote this time round, maybe the election after that. By then they will be discovered as Tories with a European fixation. then back to spoiling my ballet

So in answer to your question, eight years max.

I can see why working class Labour voters would lean toward Farage and UKIP, but if they bothered to understand his views a bit more than the anti-immigration sound bites in the press they'd realise he's perhaps even more of a capitalist than Cameron.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #37 on: Thursday, December 18, 2014, 21:27:39 »

I've been a labour man all my life until a couple of years ago but wouldn't touch them with a fucking barge pole at the moment. Any party that has Ed Balls and Yvette Copper in deserve nothing but utter contempt. Every attempt to talk immigration was shouted down as racism. Well now you want to talk about it, go fuck yourselves you racist snotgobblers.
I could never vote Tory. Lib Dems as well as selling their souls are a bunch of sexual deviants.
Greens - no.
UKIP - yes. I don't mind being called a xenophobe, nutter or whatever. I'm not actually that bothered about immigration, that's a by product. I don't want to be a member of such a corrupt and self serving institution.  
spacey

« Reply #38 on: Thursday, December 18, 2014, 21:45:42 »

I can never understand it when people say that they'd never vote Tory but they'll vote Ukip. They're led and bankrolled by former Tories, their 2 MPs are former Tories and a fair chunk of their prominent members are former Tories. 
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, December 18, 2014, 21:57:39 »

To be fair to the tories they are the only major party who haven't sold out their fundamental principles. 

They have remained a bunch of absolute cast iron cunts.
Indeed, I would never vote Tory but I think what Labour have done is a bigger u turn and betrayal of their true members!
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, December 18, 2014, 22:19:14 »

We'll see that a large majority of their voters agree with that comes election day. After that fuckwit clegg will be stood down hopefully.

I'm sure we will, I'm just struggling to see what it will achieve. Other than giving an outright majority to the Tories/UKIP or Labour/SNP, both of which will result in even less Lib Dem policies making it. Seems counter productive to me, though of course you'll have the comfort of Clegg getting his comeuppance.

I voted Tory and I'm appalled by what they've done to the poorest and least fortunate. Fuck only knows what they would have done without the Lib Dems reigning them in. Without the Lib Dem's in coalition I can only see the Tories arse raping the poor even more and Labour bankrupting the country even worse than they managed last time.
« Last Edit: Friday, December 19, 2014, 09:18:22 by jonny72 » Logged
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #41 on: Thursday, December 18, 2014, 23:22:35 »

I can never understand it when people say that they'd never vote Tory but they'll vote Ukip. They're led and bankrolled by former Tories, their 2 MPs are former Tories and a fair chunk of their prominent members are former Tories. 
Quite simple Tories want in UKIP want out.

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, December 19, 2014, 09:52:01 »

I agree with spacey.
If you look at ukip aside from the in or out of Europe issue you will see just how far away from Labour or the left they are. I think working-class former Labour voters will be apalled by them if they researched a bit about them.
I find it worrying that people will actually give those utter cunts their vote.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, December 19, 2014, 09:52:49 »

Looks like I'm in a massive minority here, as for the first time in my life I'll be voting Conservative. Simply because I don't trust anyone else to run the economy.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, December 19, 2014, 10:13:30 »

In the sense that Labour would just go on a spending spree again, I agree. But to say that the Tories have been "running" the economy is nonsense - it's been more by luck than judgement.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: