Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v The Slavetraders Official Matchday Thread  (Read 128103 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #660 on: Friday, November 21, 2014, 10:42:40 »

To think some people wanted him here once upon a time

I'm not sure there was ever much of a clamour.

We know Cotterill always applied for the job, and may even have been interviewed once, but think it was more of a case, he'd be OK, in a sort of, anything has to be better than Malpas/Hart, way.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #661 on: Friday, November 21, 2014, 11:04:26 »

Fuck me they won't let it go will they! I've never known a club, team and set of fans like it who have lost a game of football and unbeaten run like it! I don't even think Arsenal were as bad when they lost their 49? game unbeaten run.

Hope PNE beat them tomorrow, see what other excuses they come out with!

#VivaKenBarlow!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #662 on: Friday, November 21, 2014, 11:15:10 »

Nothing will alter the fact..

Swindon Town 1 Bristol City 0

That'll do me.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #663 on: Friday, November 21, 2014, 12:36:22 »

Just saw a City fan in the office and said to him that I told him the red card wouldn't be overturned.

He said that the ref didn't see it because Wilbraham blocked the refs view and that he was only sent off on the advice of the linesman, who missed Stephens' elbow on Elliott.

Whilst I think most of us will agree Stephens was lucky not to get booked for part in the incident, no-one has ever said Stephens should've gone as well.

I had to shake my head and just walk away, otherwise I was going to ask if there was a shortage of cooking oil in Brizzle...For all the City fans chips on their shoulders !!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #664 on: Friday, November 21, 2014, 12:51:57 »

I'm not sure there was ever much of a clamour.

We know Cotterill always applied for the job, and may even have been interviewed once, but think it was more of a case, he'd be OK, in a sort of, anything has to be better than Malpas/Hart, way.
There's a fantastic comment on a Nottingham Forest forum about Cotterill that sums him up to a tee...

Say what you like about Cotterill, he's a fascinating character - albeit one not prone to managing football clubs at all well. I again refer all readers to Dave Kitson's second Secret Footballer' book which is half about his time at Pompey and Cotterill sticks out like a sore thumb from the anonymised tales. When you know a character can only be one person, that's a unique individual and one to be entertained by for many yeas to come.

It's not his stupidity or unpopularity, his delusions nor his hyprbole that really grab me, though - it's that very subtle hint of darkness at the core of him, as if one day we're all going to be very, very sorry indeed. It's there, if you look for it. The same sort of boiling, fetid, chaotic blackness that only those unknowingly claimed by forces beyond the realms of sanity and matter might have. I truly believe that at some point during his Pompey tenure, Cotterill stared into the abyss and was met, after a time, with the gentlest of breezes and carried upon that breeze was a tiny, sweet voice, whispering "Everyone knows you're a ****". Over and over and over.
STFCforeigner

Ignore
« Reply #665 on: Friday, November 21, 2014, 13:06:26 »

Fuck me they won't let it go will they! I've never known a club, team and set of fans like it who have lost a game of football and unbeaten run like it! I don't even think Arsenal were as bad when they lost their 49? game unbeaten run.

Hope PNE beat them tomorrow, see what other excuses they come out with!

They are so far up their own arses it's unreal. Like they have devine right to be unbeatable, and when they do eventually lose, injustice is the only answer.. Pathetic bunch of so called fans.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #666 on: Friday, November 21, 2014, 13:56:41 »

It's not his comments about the sending off that fuck me off but the claim that we never opened them up that made my piss boil.

Smiths goal wasnt a fluke deflection....it was well worked.

We also hit the bar...

So I make that opened up twice....

Clems Army!
kerry red

« Reply #667 on: Friday, November 21, 2014, 14:05:26 »

I personally don't give a shit.

We could have been the cheating bastards the wurzels think we are

Jack Stephens can be in line for an Oscar

The ref and lino can be Swindon fans

Cotterill could be Mother Theresa and Nelson Mandela's love child

We won and the meltdown has been a huge bonus - almost beyond belief.

I've ordered my body armour for April!
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #668 on: Friday, November 21, 2014, 17:16:04 »

I had to shake my head and just walk away, otherwise I was going to ask if there was a shortage of cooking oil in Brizzle...For all the City fans chips on their shoulders !!
[/quote]

You're mental you are
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #669 on: Friday, November 21, 2014, 17:23:05 »

It's been a week.

FFS, someone lock the thread.
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #670 on: Friday, November 21, 2014, 17:34:00 »

Who have we got tomorrow ?
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #671 on: Friday, November 21, 2014, 17:39:50 »

Who have we got tomorrow ?

Peterborough in the UEFA Super Cup.

(That's me done now)
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #672 on: Friday, November 21, 2014, 17:54:17 »

Sorry!

Remind me never to annoy Andy Cryer. His Twitter cussing of town and our bandwagon has been damning. Poor old Link Sport.

/thread
Frigby Daser

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #673 on: Friday, November 21, 2014, 18:28:49 »

Just read Cryer's tweets to Morshead. Comes across as an incredibly condescending twat.
kerry red

« Reply #674 on: Friday, November 21, 2014, 18:29:47 »

Cryer by name . . .
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46   Go Up
Print
Jump to: