Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v The Slavetraders Official Matchday Thread  (Read 128813 times)
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #630 on: Thursday, November 20, 2014, 18:34:21 »

Interesting comment from Elliot on the official Brizzle site:

I’m disappointed and gutted. It’s been dismissed on a technicality. If you go to the time and effort to put the appeal together, they shouldn’t be able to dismiss it on a technicality.

All I can do now is use the 22 days as positively as I can. I’ll get a good training load in me for when I’m able to play again.

I know one of their lads got a bit of stick for celebrating my red card. He’s a young lad and I don’t think you can be too harsh there.

As for the stuff at the final whistle and in the tunnel: that was people who should know better.

In all my time in football I’ve never seen a chairman in the tunnel, antagonising people and whipping it all up. If it wasn’t for our gaffer acting in a calm and dignified manner, getting everyone into the dressing room, then I’m not sure what would have happened down there. ....

The "technicality" in his case is that the referee and linesman both saw him head butt the Swindon player.

As for the tunnel incident he's surely got Power and Cotterill mixed up.....Cotterill calm and dignified Cheesy Yeah, just like he was on the after match video and his BBC interview. The bloke's a pig. Very selective viewing if you ask me. I'm sure none of the Brizzle players were involved in the antagonising...... Roll Eyes
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #631 on: Thursday, November 20, 2014, 18:43:33 »

It's their unwillingness to dwell on the inconvenient matter of what Elliott does in the seconds before the camera misses the main incident (that much is clear of the footage) which makes me smile the most. Also...

"In all my time in football I’ve never seen a chairman in the tunnel, antagonising people and whipping it all up. If it wasn’t for our gaffer acting in a calm and dignified manner, getting everyone into the dressing room, then I’m not sure what would have happened down there."

A strongly worded letter? Murder?
« Last Edit: Thursday, November 20, 2014, 18:47:01 by Costanza » Logged
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #632 on: Thursday, November 20, 2014, 18:50:56 »

Reading that quote by Elliott sounds like he's done nothing wrong in his life.

But on a 'technicality'....is that a new name for a head butt ??!!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #633 on: Thursday, November 20, 2014, 19:04:03 »

Fuck me they really are playing the "siege mentality" card. Doesn't sound like any of them did anything wrong does it?

I would also question what Elliott was doing in the tunnel anyway. Surely if he's been sent off he shouldn't be anywhere near the pitch. Saying that he's probably not seen anything but has seen it 4 times on Cotterill's laptop. That worked out well the last time he logged onto to that! Jeez
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #634 on: Thursday, November 20, 2014, 19:05:37 »

But I thought it was our Cup Final...?

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #635 on: Thursday, November 20, 2014, 19:16:32 »

I don't think I've ever heard such a bunch of whining, snivelling, excuse-making, self-righteous cunts in all the years I've been supporting Swindon. They came out determined to kick our players off the park, it back-fired, and they then spent half the match trying to get a Swindon player sent off to even the score. And when the Swindon players duly rubbed their shitty little noses in it at the end they got the fucking hump, start a fight in the tunnel and then come over all holier than thou about it all.....I mean, what about their twat of a goalie running the length of the pitch to have a go at Nathan for a start?......to be honest I've never been bothered by either of the Bristol teams in the past - always seen Reading as Oxford as our proper rivals - but in the last few days I've really taken a thorough disliking for this nasty shower of shit, and none more so than their wanker of a manager. The Secret Footballer definitely had his card marked, that's for sure...
« Last Edit: Thursday, November 20, 2014, 19:21:05 by Exiled Bob » Logged
kerry red

« Reply #636 on: Thursday, November 20, 2014, 19:34:24 »

And what about when their fans punched Bamber after we prevented them getting to the POS

They're all a bunch of cunts - players, management and fans

See PNE have signed Jermaine Beckford - ready to fuck 'em over Saturday
« Last Edit: Thursday, November 20, 2014, 19:39:24 by Audrey » Logged
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #637 on: Thursday, November 20, 2014, 20:15:32 »

What club's forum was it that had a massive melt down when we beat them a few years back? Was it Leeds?

Not sure them all being so worked up over it is going to help, especially their players and manager. Given how wound up Cotterill was after the game, I doubt he was much use to them during the game and especially at half time. Focussing on how they were hard done by and going out for the next game with a head full of steam, isn't necessarily going to do them any favours.
jonah

Ignore
« Reply #638 on: Thursday, November 20, 2014, 20:29:03 »

What club's forum was it that had a massive melt down when we beat them a few years back? Was it Leeds?

Yep. It was WACCOE brigade. That was the last time a team and fans went this mental at losing to poor little 'ickle Swindon. Seems to stem from their respective delusions of grandeur...

Surprised BC forum isn't called WACCOW (We are Champions, Champions of Wales), after all the Welsh Cup is the pinnacle of their history... 1934 winners

Wiltshire boy born and bred - long in arm thick in 'ead.......
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #639 on: Thursday, November 20, 2014, 20:32:59 »

Beckford has just signed for PNE which is a great signing for this league. Hopefully City get smashed and they crumble.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #640 on: Thursday, November 20, 2014, 20:35:28 »

I think the delusions of grandeur thing is relatively recent.  I always thought of BCFC (1982 Ltd.) as being more or less on a par as us when I started going nearly 25 years ago...and never really sensed that they felt differently then.

Anyway, I'm getting bored of this thread now.  It's time we forgot about them, until the return leg.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #641 on: Thursday, November 20, 2014, 21:00:08 »

I remember the phone in on GWR when we tanked them 4-0 at Trashton Gate in the early 90's.

It was the verbal version of OTIB going into meltdown.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #642 on: Thursday, November 20, 2014, 21:06:32 »

I think the delusions of grandeur thing is relatively recent. 

If anything we were the better/bigger team then. I guess a decade in the doldrums while they cock up a big budget in the championship will do that. But they only need to look at crowd figures to realise they ain't a step up in size of club.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #643 on: Friday, November 21, 2014, 00:05:28 »

They had a dig at our attendances,  but how often do they have a sell out crowd? Against rovers yes, but when else? I've actually been to Ashton Gate in a crowd of 21k. Bath narrowly lost to Bristol  Smiley
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #644 on: Friday, November 21, 2014, 07:47:11 »

With 3 stands, they're selling out.

Also, I'm certain that old Adver pal Andrew Cryer was trying to make Morshead cry via his Twitter digs yesterday.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46   Go Up
Print
Jump to: