Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Get Cooper fucking out of here  (Read 42847 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Monday, March 31, 2014, 08:24:56 »

The only reason Storey is good is because he's had a fucking chance.

Bullshit to say that the loan move improved him....I don't buy that....sorry...I doesnt wash with me.

We loaned the fucker out and Ranger gets injured.......fucked our chance against a Boro side there for the taking on the night...and a Wembley final....big and costly mistake.

A season if ifs, buts and maybes....

Disagree. The loan move clearly did him some good, there's a reason he wasn't getting picked before and he's been picked regularly since he came back.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Monday, March 31, 2014, 08:34:44 »

The point of a loan spell (for a player under contract beyond the summer) is to give them the valuable amount of minutes that a parent club cannot guarantee them at that moment in time.

Swindon were doing 'okay' without Storey but during his time at Shrewsbury our own form dips. We bring a player back from a loan spell at another League One club and he's match fit and fully ready for his opportunity.

The atmosphere within our fan base during some parts of this month was a hyperbole of panic (see thread title) and I'm glad a young prospect in Miles Storey was away from that. Remember Louis Thompson was allegedly verbally abused during that time.

Storey was not doing enough with the chances he was being given at Swindon pre-Shrewsbury and now he is. That's all that matters right now.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Monday, March 31, 2014, 09:22:16 »

Let's not forget Miles had that penalty miss at Brentford in last season's playoffs hanging over him. You might say he'd be over it by now, but really, at that age, if it was the club you'd grown up in, belonged in since you were young, and you missed that spot kick, would you be? It was good for him to get away and get some L1 game time at another club, away from that pressure of being forced to prove himself, especially, in retrospect with the atmosphere that was building at the CG (people abusing Louis Thompson etc.). Perhaps he should have been recalled sooner, but he probably couldn't be. If Nile hadn't crocked himself Storey probably wouldn't have been missed.

He's come back firing on all cylinders, that's for sure. I doubt he would be doing that if he'd not had that chance to go play first team L1 football.

Yeah, I'm a bit bitter about the JPT too, but if Miles is back and on form, then we've still got a sneaking chance of a decent end to the season.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Monday, March 31, 2014, 09:28:57 »

Let's not forget Miles had that penalty miss at Brentford in last season's playoffs hanging over him. You might say he'd be over it by now, but really, at that age, if it was the club you'd grown up in, belonged in since you were young, and you missed that spot kick, would you be? It was good for him to get away and get some L1 game time at another club, away from that pressure of being forced to prove himself, especially, in retrospect with the atmosphere that was building at the CG (people abusing Louis Thompson etc.). Perhaps he should have been recalled sooner, but he probably couldn't be. If Nile hadn't crocked himself Storey probably wouldn't have been missed.

He's come back firing on all cylinders, that's for sure. I doubt he would be doing that if he'd not had that chance to go play first team L1 football.

Yeah, I'm a bit bitter about the JPT too, but if Miles is back and on form, then we've still got a sneaking chance of a decent end to the season.

I'd forgotten about that. One of the great advantages of youth is that you don't tend to get over things pretty quickly.

Also there are so many pen shoot out these days, that I don't think those that miss, carry it around for too long as there are plenty of examples out there...
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Monday, March 31, 2014, 09:31:57 »

I'd forgotten about that. One of the great advantages of youth is that you don't tend to get over things pretty quickly.

Also there are so many pen shoot out these days, that I don't think those that miss, carry it around for too long as there are plenty of examples out there...

Fnar.

It was his first 'big' penalty shoot out. He missed the losing one. That's got to stick with you. My point is that it was good for him to get out of the club for a short while.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Monday, March 31, 2014, 09:43:45 »

Fnar.

It was his first 'big' penalty shoot out. He missed the losing one. That's got to stick with you. My point is that it was good for him to get out of the club for a short while.

Guess it depends on the individual to some extent....but I'm minded of a quiz question I recently had...

Name the 12 England players who've missed a pen in a WC or EC shootout in the 6 times we've fucked up?

Try it without Google....most of these cunts don't seem to be too emotionally scarred.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Monday, March 31, 2014, 09:52:29 »

Guess it depends on the individual to some extent....but I'm minded of a quiz question I recently had...

Name the 12 England players who've missed a pen in a WC or EC shootout in the 6 times we've fucked up?

Try it without Google....most of these cunts don't seem to be too emotionally scarred.

Pearce, Waddle, Ashley Cole, Gareth Southgate, Batty and Paul Ince? as a starter.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Monday, March 31, 2014, 09:53:07 »

I didn't say Miles was emotionally scarred, just that he'd had it hanging over him at the back of his mind. He's probably over it now, but it's an interesting line of thought if nothing else.

And comparing some of those England players to L1 players is like comparing eggs to ham. The wedge they're on at their home clubs would soften the blow slightly one would suspect.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Monday, March 31, 2014, 09:59:00 »

Pearce, Waddle, Ashley Cole, Gareth Southgate, Batty and Paul Ince? as a starter.

That's 6...6 to go.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Monday, March 31, 2014, 10:33:56 »

Carragher missed one in 2006.

Pretty sure Darius Vassell goofed one up in a tournament too.
DMR

« Reply #205 on: Monday, March 31, 2014, 10:41:41 »

Beckham spasticated one halfway to the moon in 2004, after missing against France in the group stages the week before.

Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Monday, March 31, 2014, 10:43:44 »

Lampard
DMR

« Reply #207 on: Monday, March 31, 2014, 10:45:42 »

Pretty sure Gerrard missed in 2004 too although may have been later.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Monday, March 31, 2014, 11:01:31 »

We barely scored anything in the Pen Shoot Out against Italy in the last tournament but I can't remember who took them.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Monday, March 31, 2014, 11:14:13 »

That's eleven...one to go...a nasty little shit.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: