Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Get Cooper fucking out of here  (Read 43461 times)
dphunt88

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 19:03:57 »

Because he isn't very good.

Well, I disagree with you.

Enthusiastic Loathed Strangers Podcast contributor.
Local media whore.
Ernie Hunt's second cousin, honest!
Overweight local cricket all-rounder!
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 19:10:40 »

So do I.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 19:11:40 »

I think he's OK but massively overrated.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 19:21:25 »

Miles is something of a curio, insofar as he has shown something, without quite having had the necessary run to show if he's got more to his game...so I don't think he should be written off, nor do I necessarily think he'll make it.

I believe he's still contracted for next season, so we'll really need to see then if there's any progress.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 19:23:38 »

I think he's OK but massively overrated.
but better than anything I've seen from barker, which isn't that much (hardly seen him)
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 19:24:05 »

Should recall him now if we can, we're not going up nor going down, so we may aswell now tinker with the 1st team and see what everyone is capable of.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 19:53:00 »

Absolutely.

I don't think he is league 1 standard but until we give him a prolonged run in the team my opinion isn't really based on much.
Empathy Sloth

« Reply #112 on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 20:02:36 »

All he looks to do is beat the offside trap and run through on goal. You never see him playing passes, dropping back etc. Good player as an impact sub but unless he works on his overall game he's not going to be starting with this system/style of play.
SleafordRobin

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 20:16:08 »

Did our current decline coincide with Sherwood getting the Spurs job?  Just recall him being quite involved in the early part of the season.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 20:21:26 »

Did our current decline coincide with Sherwood getting the Spurs job?  Just recall him being quite involved in the early part of the season.

Kind of depends what you mean by our current decline, it could be argued that we've been in decline for the last 20 years or so...
SleafordRobin

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 20:28:53 »

Kind of depends what you mean by our current decline, it could be argued that we've been in decline for the last 20 years or so...

Agree Reg it's been a long time, I was referring to this season's expectations with some real quality being played in the early part, it's be stated enough so I don't intend to go on, but without Sherwood/Ferdinand's input maybe Cooper has struggled to maintain the kind of football they introduced.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 20:33:45 »

Agree Reg it's been a long time, I was referring to this season's expectations with some real quality being played in the early part, it's be stated enough so I don't intend to go on, but without Sherwood/Ferdinand's input maybe Cooper has struggled to maintain the kind of football they introduced.

I was listening to 5live earlier, where there was a discussion of Sherwood and his meltdown on Saturday....you got the inevitable tweets from listeners and Spurs fans,were moaning that Sherwood's style, was a bit boring relative to Arry's....try and keep possession go through one up top and not getting the ball going forward, but sideways and back.  Sounded familiar  Smiley
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 20:35:39 »

While I think you could convincingly argue that the club was in decline from 1994 to 2004, it's far harder to make that assertion between 2004 and 2014.  The club was on its knees 10 years ago...with the play off season under Andy King the only ray of light.  Just take a look at the crowds we were getting then vs now.  We've hardly set the world alight - and, yes, we've dropped in to the basement twice - but the fundamentals are definitely healthier now than they were in 2004.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 20:42:27 »

While I think you could convincingly argue that the club was in decline from 1994 to 2004, it's far harder to make that assertion between 2004 and 2014.  The club was on its knees 10 years ago...with the play off season under Andy King the only ray of light.  Just take a look at the crowds we were getting then vs now.  We've hardly set the world alight - and, yes, we've dropped in to the basement twice - but the fundamentals are definitely healthier now than they were in 2004.

Unfortunately our recent tendency to Div 3/Div 4 yo-yo is a bit of a fly in the ointment for your case.

For sure the Fitton/Wray/Black axis represented a very real chance to get a bit of upward mobilty...but it just goes to show how difficult that now is.

We're now just about at the likely high water mark of what is achievable with the current model....repeating it  next season would be a very decent achievement.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #119 on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 20:44:06 »

All he looks to do is beat the offside trap and run through on goal. You never see him playing passes, dropping back etc. Good player as an impact sub but unless he works on his overall game he's not going to be starting with this system/style of play.
He's scored 4 goals - only one of those v Coventry was playing to his strengths. Give him a run to the end of the season and he's either good enough or he isn't. Let him start games and play with Smith and see if they can build a partnership. Alternatively, if the system doesn't suit him and the system is here to stay then get him off the books. I think there's a decent player there if he could get a run of a few games and I'd rather give one  of ours a go.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: